Question about docker image placement

user0 is the contents of your array excepting what's on your cache drive.  You're going to want to use /mnt/cache/whatever for the placement of the img file for best performance

Got it, thanks for filling me in. And just for my understanding of the differences between disk and shares, is there any difference between:

/mnt/user/appdata

/mnt/cache/appdata

assuming that the usershare "appdata" points to the cache?

Also, would it be fine to put the img file in mnt/cache/?

You need to create a cache-only user share (appdata) and place the image in it so it won't get moved onto the array.  That said, it shouldn't matter whether you refer to it as /mnt/user/appdata/docker.img or /mnt/cache/appdata/docker.img.  Personally I prefer the /mnt/cache approach.

You need to create a cache-only user share (appdata) and place the image in it so it won't get moved onto the array.  That said, it shouldn't matter whether you refer to it as /mnt/user/appdata/docker.img or /mnt/cache/appdata/docker.img.  Personally I prefer the /mnt/cache approach.

/mnt/cache/appdata is the better option since it bypasses the FUSE file system and just writes to the file system.

/mnt/cache/appdata is the better option since it bypasses the FUSE file system and just writes to the file system.

Great, thanks for clarifying guys. How large do you typically make your docker.img? I'm not exactly sure what gets allocated to this space and I want to make sure there's ample room for future usage. For example, plex meta data wouldn't be stored in here correct? Since it'll be in mnt/cache/appdata/plex/... correct?

Great, thanks for clarifying guys. How large do you typically make your docker.img? I'm not exactly sure what gets allocated to this space and I want to make sure there's ample room for future usage. For example, plex meta data wouldn't be stored in here correct? Since it'll be in mnt/cache/appdata/plex/... correct?

Your question about Plex actually depends on how it's configured. But generally you are correct if your apps are "properly set up" that data will be outside of the docker image.

Your question about Plex actually depends on how it's configured. But generally you are correct if your apps are "properly set up" that data will be outside of the docker image.

Fair enough. Assuming properly set up (which will be my next question as the reason I had to reformat was because I was mapping my drives incorrectly for deluge), how large would you set your docker.img?