Cannot Log into VM with RDP?

I have been playing around with VM's trying to make sense of them. I have set up a win7 vm and can login to view it with VNC no problem.

In VNC viewer I installed the drivers for the network and have set it to allow remote connections, but when I try with to connect with RDP it refuses to connect.

I input PC name , username and password, double checked that they are correct, but constantly refuses. 

What do you have for the network settings?  The default of virbr0 is a NAT bridge that allows outbound connections, but not inbound ones.  If you want to use RDP then you need to have enabled bridging under Settings->Network and then assign this bridged network (default name of br0) to the VM so it can be accessed externally.

Ok so this continues to stump me. As my win 7 iso was not pro i ditched it and downloaded and installed a pro version of windows 10. Installed without a hitch and logged in using VNC and set remote desktop on, not the remote assistance I confused it with on the win 7 vm. On my desktop again I try to log in with remote desktop and it still can't connect.

Just a couple of caveats, not sure if there relevant.

1. Win 10 pro VM is not activated

2. My desktop version of 10 is home not pro

Other Info

Unraid server

Motherboard:  Supermicro - X10SAE

CPU: Intel® Xeon® CPU E3-1246 v3 @ 3.50GHz

Ok so this continues to stump me. As my win 7 iso was not pro i ditched it and downloaded and installed a pro version of windows 10. Installed without a hitch and logged in using VNC and set remote desktop on, not the remote assistance I confused it with on the win 7 vm. On my desktop again I try to log in with remote desktop and it still can't connect.

Just a couple of caveats, not sure if there relevant.

1. Win 10 pro VM is not activated

2. My desktop version of 10 is home not pro

Other Info

Unraid server

Motherboard:  Supermicro - X10SAE

CPU: Intel® Xeon® CPU E3-1246 v3 @ 3.50GHz

Do you have a tick in the box where it says Only allow connections from computers running bla bla bla... ? If so, try to remove it.

They both got IP addresses in the same subnet? ie 192.168.1.??? for example

Also have a play around with the Network Level Administration setting too.

If it makes you feel any better every time I setup a new machine with RDP I always have to wrestle with it to figure out the settings, can never figure them out from ones I've already configured and can never remember what settings worked...  ???

Hi all, while still trying to get this to work I tried pinging the win 10 vm from my win 10 laptop and got no responce. I could ping my Unraid server and kodibuntu fine.

From the Vm I could ping the Unraid server and kodibuntu but not my win 10 desktop or laptop. And from my laptop I could not ping my win 10 desktop. So basically I cannot ping and win 10 instance both real and Vm? Any thoughts welcome

Ok so it doesn't look like its getting an ip address from the router. Used some ip scanner software and laptop, kodibuntu , unraid and router all that is listed.

What is the output of ipconfig run in a cmd window?

Are you sure that you have selected br0 in the VM Template and that you have set Enable bridging to yes in network settings?