[Support] binhex - Koel

binhex

I got further with the manual sync but dies at 3% with "[symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalThrowableError]             

Fatal error: Call to undefined function App\Models\exif_imagetype() "

Well check my logs to see what is going on, likes like maybe a problem with artwork or something.

I got further with the manual sync but dies at 3% with "[symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalThrowableError]             

Well check my logs to see what is going on, likes like maybe a problem with artwork or something.

quick google search on this, looks interesting:- http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16175702/call-to-undefined-function-exif-imagetype

so try the suggested fix of enabling the two additional modules then restart and see what happens.

quick google search on this, looks interesting:- http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16175702/call-to-undefined-function-exif-imagetype

so try the suggested fix of enabling the two additional modules then restart and see what happens.

Will try it as soon as I can and let you know the results

would those modules be located somewhere else in your docker. When adding those to php.ini i get these errors.

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/modules/php_mbstring.dll' - /usr/lib/php/modules/php_mbstring.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/modules/php_exif.dll' - /usr/lib/php/modules/php_exif.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

find / -name "php_mbstring.dll" brought no results

would those modules be located somewhere else in your docker. When adding those to php.ini i get these errors.

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/modules/php_mbstring.dll' - /usr/lib/php/modules/php_mbstring.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/modules/php_exif.dll' - /usr/lib/php/modules/php_exif.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

no i didnt see any reference to those modules, but this extension is shown:-

extension=exif.so

try uncommenting this in the php.ini and then restarting the docker container, i gave this a go and then ran a new scan against my entire media collection, and whatdoyaknow it did the lot!, not sure if its a fluke or not yet as scanning has been a bit flaky with koel, but initial findings are that this might make a big difference!

extension=exif.so

try uncommenting this in the php.ini and then restarting the docker container, i gave this a go and then ran a new scan against my entire media collection, and whatdoyaknow it did the lot!, not sure if its a fluke or not yet as scanning has been a bit flaky with koel, but initial findings are that this might make a big difference!

I got past 3% where it was crashing before. at 7% and going strong. You ROCK!!!!!!!!

Buying you a beer for sure!

extension=exif.so

I got past 3% where it was crashing before. at 7% and going strong. You ROCK!!!!!!!!

Buying you a beer for sure!

excellent news, i do hope this is the fix, or at least the fix for your issue, as its a trivial change to add this in to the image.

I remove the comment for extension=exif.so and ran the scan via the web GUI > Setting > Scan button and it went through my library.

I was only halfway done fixing my tags... so this did it! :o  :o  :o

ok so now i feel bad that you had to re-tag but good that this small tweak fixed it, maybe the good wins out?  8)

• 3 weeks later...

I get Something went wrong. The media path is not a valid or readable path.  I am using /mnt/user/HTPC/Music which is the share folder where all my Music is stored.  What am I missing?

you should be specifying the path /media not the hosts path.

I get Something went wrong. The media path is not a valid or readable path.  I am using /mnt/user/HTPC/Music which is the share folder where all my Music is stored.  What am I missing?

After doing that it goes to splash of a little patience, then immediately goes to Something went wrong. Unknown error.  Getting closer.

After doing that it goes to splash of a little patience, then immediately goes to Something went wrong. Unknown error.  Getting closer.

Found a folder with some files that had permission issues got rid of those files and have been sitting at Just a little patience ... for about 10 minutes.  Fingers crossed.

Found a folder with some files that had permission issues got rid of those files and have been sitting at Just a little patience ... for about 10 minutes.  Fingers crossed.

OK stay patient it took about thirty mins to scan my library

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

OK stay patient it took about thirty mins to scan my library

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

All scanned and added.  How does this handle additions and modifications to the library?  Is this going to require 30-45 minute scan each time a modification is made?

Edit:  I tested a modification to 3 different artists and hit scan and it only took a few seconds.  So it must know to skip un-changed sub-dir's, so I have no doubt that an addition would react the same.  Awesome app and great docker, thanks for your help!

Binhex, I've noticed when streaming from Koel on mobile networks it doesn't always do too hot.  Some looking into it showed me this:

Streaming Music

Koel supports three streaming methods which can be configured via a STREAMING_METHOD setting in .env file:

php: Use native PHP readfile(). This is the default method, and the slowest and most unstable one. Only use this method if you can’t others.

x-sendfile: Use Apache’s mod_xsendfile module. You’ll need to install and configure the module manually. A sample configuration is as following:

LoadModule xsendfile_module  libexec/apache2/mod_xsendfile.so

<IfModule mod_xsendfile.c>

XSendFile on

XSendFilePath /var/www/koel

</IfModule>

x-accel-redirect: Use nginx’s X-Accel module. Refer to nginx.conf.example for a sample nginx configuration file.

Note: STREAMING_METHOD doesn't have effects if you're serving songs from Amazon S3.

Source - https://github.com/phanan/koel/wiki

If possible I was wondering if you could include the Apache mod_xsendfile module?  Or set it up for the x-accel-redirect method?  It's currently set to php which is the least recommended one.

Thank you!

Binhex, I've noticed when streaming from Koel on mobile networks it doesn't always do too hot.  Some looking into it showed me this:

Streaming Music

Koel supports three streaming methods which can be configured via a STREAMING_METHOD setting in .env file:

php: Use native PHP readfile(). This is the default method, and the slowest and most unstable one. Only use this method if you can’t others.

x-sendfile: Use Apache’s mod_xsendfile module. You’ll need to install and configure the module manually. A sample configuration is as following:

XSendFile on

</IfModule>

x-accel-redirect: Use nginx’s X-Accel module. Refer to nginx.conf.example for a sample nginx configuration file.

Note: STREAMING_METHOD doesn't have effects if you're serving songs from Amazon S3.

If possible I was wondering if you could include the Apache mod_xsendfile module?  Or set it up for the x-accel-redirect method?  It's currently set to php which is the least recommended one.

Thank you!

in my quest to improve performance i have already done this for you, im not using apache but nginx, so have used the recommended module "nginx x-accel-redirect", so at the moment thats about as good as its going to get.

Streaming Music

XSendFile on

</IfModule>

Thank you!

in my quest to improve performance i have already done this for you, im not using apache but nginx, so have used the recommended module "nginx x-accel-redirect", so at the moment thats about as good as its going to get.

Perfect, so I changed this in my .ENV file in the docker directory.

STREAMING_METHOD=php

to:

STREAMING_METHOD=x-accel-redirect

And it's working beautiful.

Thank you!

Streaming Music

XSendFile on

</IfModule>

Thank you!

Perfect, so I changed this in my .ENV file in the docker directory.

STREAMING_METHOD=php

to:

STREAMING_METHOD=x-accel-redirect

And it's working beautiful.

Thank you!

thats odd! it should of been set to use x-accel-redirect in the .env file, hmmm i will have to do some checks

So, apparently the noob is strong with me...

I got the docker installed and pointed it to my music and then loaded the web UI no problem.

Logged in with supplied credentials ([email protected], admin) and went to settings to point it at my music directory and it just keeps spitting error at me saying that the location is not valid.

What am I doing wrong?

I copied the exact install directory (/mnt/user/Music/) and no joy.

Also tried //Tower/mnt/user/music, same error

Tried /music

Tried /music/ etc

It must be something simple that I am just not doing properly. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to getting this working!

• JorgeB locked this topic