Update Container - no progress in window

Hi,

Just a quick one - whenever I update my containers, I don't see progress in the GUI window until it's complete. Same on both Chrome/Mac and Chrome/Windows, and my friend's server doesn't have that problem (he's using Chrome/Windows). Anyone else have the same issue? Where should I start looking to troubleshoot?

Thanks,

James

Hi,

Just a quick one - whenever I update my containers, I don't see progress in the GUI window until it's complete. Same on both Chrome/Mac and Chrome/Windows, and my friend's server doesn't have that problem (he's using Chrome/Windows). Anyone else have the same issue? Where should I start looking to troubleshoot?

Thanks,

James

What version of unRaid.  Some old versions of 6 had issues with that, but I haven't noticed it lately

Disable your adblocker or whitelist the GUI.

I have the same problem (6.2 but also happened on 6.1.9) and disabling the ad blocker for the entire server, the GUI or the docker page specifically does not resolve the issue.  Interestingly, it happens in all browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Edge, IE) with or without ad blockers enabled.  Anytime there is a pop-up status window in updating docker, plugins, etc., it is blank until the process finishes.

However, If I update dockers or plugins from the GUI on my laptop even with ad blockers enabled, I have no such issues.  Both computers are running Windows 10.  The only difference is that the desktop (where the blank screen problem occurs) is an upgrade to Windows 10 from a Windows 7 install and the laptop has a clean Windows 10 install.

More Info:  on unRAID OS updates (just updated to 6.2.1), nothing appears in the status windows even after all files are downloaded and copied and the update process is "complete (except for reboot)".  The only way I could tell it was done was by the indicator in the Firefox tab.  When it quit spinning, the process had finished and I closed the blank update window.

Before rebooting, I repeated the process on the laptop with Firefox and AdBlock+ enabled and there were no issues.  The issue is not strictly related to ad blockers as the machine with ad blocker enabled works as expected and the one with it disabled displays a blank update window until the process is complete and remains blank on OS updates.

EDIT: This topic is probably more suited for OS 6 General Support forum (since Dynamix is a built-in general feature) as it is not specific to the Docker Engine or Docker Containers.

I am running Sophos Antivirus on the desktop machine with the blank update screen problem.  I have Avast installed on the laptop that has no issues. 

As a test, I disabled Sophos and checked for updates in plugins.  No blank screen, everything appeared as it should in the update window.  I turned Sophos back on and update window still displayed properly.  I turned it off again (which previously worked with no blank screen) and I again had a blank update screen.  I toggled Sophos on and off again several times checking for updates each time. 

The bottom line is that although it is not consistent, toggling Sophos on and off seem to have an affect on the update window. Sometimes it will display properly and sometimes it wont and it does not matter if Sophos protection is on or just that it is toggled between the two states. Update windows display properly about 1 in 3 times after toggling Sophos On/Off.

• 6 years later...

I've noticed this same issue on a newer system I just set up. Unraid is on 6.11.5 and pop-up blockers have been completely turned off (and I don't have this issue on a different server also on 6.11.5) which leads me to believe this is a server issue and not a browser/client issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I have this issue as well, on one of my servers.

At home, I run a 6.9.2 server, and updating docker containers from my Linux Mint laptop in Firefox works fine. I can see the update text rolling by as the update is performed. There is a white band across the screen that I have no idea where comes from, but it may be an artefact of a Dark Mode addon I use.

At work, running Windows and connecting over a VPN link, also using Firefox - with the same addons installed and basically the same profile - the update dialog is white and no text is seen as the update is performed.

On my backup server, hosted at work, running 6.11.5, I have no problems with updating from either client.