[Support] Djoss - dupeGuru

Support for dupeGuru docker container

Application Name: dupeGuru
Application Site: https://www.hardcoded.net/dupeguru/
Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/jlesage/dupeguru/
Github: https://github.com/jlesage/docker-dupeguru

Make sure to look at the complete documentation, available on Github !

Post any questions or issues relating to this docker in this thread.

Edited by Djoss
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I periodically get "Server disconnected (code: 1006)" while using this, typically when clicking something. 

The only thing I changed from the base template was the DISPLAY_WIDTH and DISPLAY_HEIGHT, and I went ahead and set KEEP_GUIAPP_RUNNING to 1, but that didn't resolve the issue. I am using Chrome, and haven't tried other browsers yet.

Also, the list of previously used directories gets wiped when I make a change and resave the docker, like when altering the above resolution. I guess that isn't being saved in /config?

PS: The Dockerhub link in the top post 404's.

8 hours ago, smashingtool said:

I periodically get "Server disconnected (code: 1006)" while using this, typically when clicking something. 

The only thing I changed from the base template was the DISPLAY_WIDTH and DISPLAY_HEIGHT, and I went ahead and set KEEP_GUIAPP_RUNNING to 1, but that didn't resolve the issue. I am using Chrome, and haven't tried other browsers yet.

Also, the list of previously used directories gets wiped when I make a change and resave the docker, like when altering the above resolution. I guess that isn't being saved in /config?

PS: The Dockerhub link in the top post 404's.

First, thank you very much for your feedback!

I also got the "Server disconnected (code: 1006)" error a couple of times.  This is caused by a crash of the built-in x11vnc server.  dupeGuru is still running fine and a refresh of the browser will get you back t where you were.  I need to put more time on this issue to figure out why it's crashing.

You are right, it seems that some files created by dupeGuru are not saved outside the container.  This is something I'm fixing.

Thanks for reporting the broken link.  This is now fixed!

Question:

I assume this is to find duplicate files that exist on 2 or more drives in your array but a single share. For example.

I have a share /mnt/users/music/, in it, I have /Coldplay/Albumx/track1.mp3

With DupeGuru, wil it find for example: /mnt/disk3/music/Coldplay/Albumx/track1.mp3 AND /mnt/disk5/music/Coldplay/Albumx/track1.mp3?

If this is so, for /storage, should it not map to /mnt/?

Thanks,

H.

Edited by hernandito

I think the situation you describe could work, but it would be an "advanced" scenario.  I'm not sure if it's possible, for the same share, to have the same file on multiple disks.

I guess the main usage of this app is to find duplicate pictures, documents, music, etc, at the share level.  Thus, the reason why /storage is mapped to /mnt/user by default.

1 hour ago, Djoss said:

I'm not sure if it's possible, for the same share, to have the same file on multiple disks.

Very definitely possible, and can be quite problematic for someone who doesn't have a good handle on what a user share is.

Consider the following.

/mnt/disk1/myshare/test.txt

/mnt/disk2/myshare/test.txt

/mnt/user/myshare/test.txt

In this example, the file accessed at /mnt/user/myshare/test.txt will be the one on disk1, for all intents and purposes /mnt/disk2/myshare/test.txt doesn't exist in the user share system. However... if you delete /mnt/user/myshare/test.txt, then the one on disk2 will show up the next time the user share system is reloaded. It's quite possible to have 2 or more identically named files this way, but the contents not be equal. You could theoretically hide files from the user shares this way, and cause all sorts of confusion.

Typically this kind of shenanigans occurs when someone with a poor grasp of how unraid works starts playing around with disk shares. That is one of the main reasons disk shares are disabled by default.

• 2 weeks later...

I am admittedly quite new...(/noob if I'm correct lol) 

Currently I have the Krusader and dupeGuru Dockers installed, then a number of plug-ins (mostly the CA suite). When scanning with Fix Common Problems I am returned with two errors. 

"Docker Application dupeGuru, Container Port 5800 not found or changed on installed application"

"Docker Application dupeGuru, Container Port 5900 not found or changed on installed application"

I have not changed this setting, nor am I sure how to change it back. 

Inside the settings for the docker I am able to change the HOST ports, but not the container ports.

That's your problem: the container port has changed.

I guess the easiest way to restore the container is to re-install it with default settings: in Apps, display installed apps and then click on the icon to re-install dupeGuru.

I have performed the reinstall after uninstalling the docker. The text that appears after the pull appears to still have the container port mapped to the same as the host port....how would I go about changing that? It's grayed out in the docker settings for port.

"root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="dupeGuru" --net="bridge" --privileged="true" -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "DISPLAY_WIDTH"="1280" -e "DISPLAY_HEIGHT"="768" -e "USER_ID"="99" -e "GROUP_ID"="100" -e "APP_NICENESS"="" -p 7801:7801/tcp -p 7901:7901/tcp -v "/mnt/":"/storage":rw -v "/mnt/user/appdata/dupeGuru":"/config":rw jlesage/dupeguru

b0d9b7aac3d43339d58de6c532b0a07abb4747e3eb30ba7bdd10e6275e02f509"

Thank you for your help, I decided to go out on a limb and just created a new set of ports settings and copy everything the others had and correct what they had wrong there. Then remove the others..working fine now..still not sure how it changed in the first place worked fine after I installed it the other day...

FWIW, the config still does not seem to be saved upon docker reboots and updates. So like my list of directories is wiped every time I restart the container. This isn't a big problem, but a fix would certainly be nice. 

After some testing, I discovered that the behavior sorta mirrors the windows client. Certain config items are only saved upon manually exiting the program. So If I access DupeGuru from VNC and select File > Quit, then items like the folder list and the current folders being searched are saved. IDK if it would be possible to incorporate such a quit command into the container restart or shutdown command, but I figured I'd pass that along.

Thanks for your awesome work btw, it was really nice to finally get this program on my NAS.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having an issue on the current build where after choosing to delete some duplicates, the results window gets lost behind the initial window, and there is no way to get it back. The height and width are set to 1600 and 900. I'm not sure if my usage of the details window while choosing the files is contributing to the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW, the current fix is definitely usable, but it's still much less usable than it was a few versions ago.

For example, I was just trying to delete things in picture mode, and had the detail window up in front of the results.

I chose a few files to delete, and selected to delete them. Nothing happened, visually. I could not close the details window anymore, but I could still reduce the size of the results window. So I had to put the results window into window mode, and then move the detail window out of the way of the delete prompt so that I could choose to actually delete the files.

Regardless of which mode I use, said delete prompt appears behind the results window. This is still usable, but not how the app used to work, and it definitely makes it more difficult to use.

• 5 months later...