Remove basic key **Resolved**

mrbilky

I purchased the plus key and it seems to have worked but I can't seem to find the way to remove the basic key, I open Krusader and moved the basic key out of the flash config folder but I don't see the plus key anywhere and I'm getting the multiple key error in fix common problems. I see both the basic and plus key in the config file from the gui flash drive folder any little help would be appreciated I don't want to screw it up which I'm notorious for doing

Running the latest os

Screen Shot 2018-01-04 at 4.31.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-04 at 4.32.24 PM.png

26 minutes ago, trurl said:

Sounds like you must have a problem with your Krusader setup if it's not showing you the same files the GUI does.

Unclear from your post though. Maybe screenshots would clarify.

Original post added screen shots, appreciate the help I did find an old thread but didn't see a conclusion

Hum don't know I can tell you that I did not create it knowingly, could it be from installing Krusader previously? If I remember right the first time I installed it in the setup I created  2 additional paths from the tutorial on the subject but I had removed Krusader and the appdata and when I reinstalled this time I just set it up without any additional paths?

Screen Shot 2018-01-04 at 4.59.58 PM.png

Your Krusader pane for your FLASH drive should look like this:

Capture.thumb.JPG.0614a94b9621eaee48d4a2b7e23ff4bd.JPG

You need to get to the root directory by double clicking UP ARROW in the pane until it won't go no further.  Then look for the FLASH directory and open it.  (Take notice of the Path of the open directory at the top-left of the screen capture.) 

EDIT:  What your screen capture is showing a share named FLASH that is apart of the array!  It is NOT your actual flash drive but a copy of its contents made as some point.

26 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

What your screen capture is showing a share named FLASH that is apart of the array!  It is NOT your actual flash drive but a copy of its contents made as some point.

And you definitely don't need or want a User share named FLASH. That is just going to cause confusion when you try to access the flash drive, as it has already done.

unRAID has a predefined share named flash (sort of a disk share), which lets you access the flash drive over the network if you allow that. But SMB can't tell the difference between a user share named FLASH and the flash drive share.

Do you have any other User shares with confusing names, such as named "disk1" or "cache"? Even if you didn't create a User share in the GUI, any top level folder on array or cache is automatically a User share. Many people have messed up with this when moving or copying files by accidentally creating a folder named for a disk.

I'm not seeing the actual flash drive anywhere other than viewing it on the main page I have a share named flash and it appears to have all the files but the plus.key but I don't remember creating it I thought the system did that I did get rid of the FLASH share the system is working fine from what I can tell just can't find the actual flash drive in Krusader will it hurt to delete the basic.key and go from there? The header indicates that I'm on the plus server I mean if worse comes to worse can I do some sort of reset to start over 

Screen Shot 2018-01-04 at 6.38.03 PM.png

Your latest screenshot is very concerning, because it shows /boot as empty.

From the unRAID perspective, your flash drive is /boot. It is only from SMB that is appears as a share named flash.

So this would seem to indicate that you have nothing in your /boot folder, which is the flash drive.

Maybe you should 

3 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Post a screenshot of your krusader docker advanced settings, where it shows the paths.

I hate to say it but the  /boot directory is EMPTY in my Krusader!  Evidently, the flash drive has been remapped into /FLASH directory of the server file structure.  This behavior is consistant on both 6.3.5 and 6.4.0-19b.  

At this point, I can't tell you why it behaves this way but that is the way it is.  So if you are not using Krasader, be careful in telling folks what they should be seeing. 

One more thing, all of the unRAID shares appear under the /UNRAID directory.  You can see what the root of the file system looks like in this screen capature:

Capture.thumb.JPG.a619b52cd99f1f6be4f730580fad3305.JPG

Ok thanks for all the input I reviewed how I installed Krusader a few months ago I followed space invader one's video that is where the FLASH share was created I had removed Krusader a few weeks ago and just re-installed it the other day but this time it appears that maybe the update to the latest os version has broken that process as I could not pull down the docker container if I added the path to FLASH this time, I even tried adding it to the existing containing that was working and when I did it deleted the docker all together and I had to reinstall it so this might be a problem for some moving forward with Krusader. The fix for duplicate or multiple existing .key files was simple enough I powered down removed the flash drive and installed it on my daily driver and deleted the file in windows it may be unorthodox but it worked, I have a copy just in case but all seems to be working fine after re-booting thanks again for the help!

11 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

I hate to say it but the  /boot directory is EMPTY in my Krusader!  Evidently, the flash drive has been remapped into /FLASH directory of the server file structure.  This behavior is consistent on both 6.3.5 and 6.4.0-19b.  

At this point, I can't tell you why it behaves this way but that is the way it is.  So if you are not using Krasader, be careful in telling folks what they should be seeing. 

One more thing, all of the unRAID shares appear under the /UNRAID directory.  You can see what the root of the file system looks like in this screen capture:

This is exactly what I was seeing thanks Frank for pointing to that as I was starting to think I screwed something up!

Working with the flash drive in Windows is not at all unorthodox. You can even do it over the network. And you can work with it a number of ways directly in unRAID without resorting to Krusader.

As for how you got to that point, there is no point speculating. I very seriously doubt any OS change was to blame. I suspect the default mappings for Krusader will work just fine for everyone if you know how to use them.

3 minutes ago, trurl said:

Working with the flash drive in Windows is not at all unorthodox. You can even do it over the network. And you can work with it a number of ways directly in unRAID without resorting to Krusader.

As for how you got to that point, there is no point speculating. I very seriously doubt any OS change was to blame. I suspect the default mappings for Krusader will work just fine for everyone if you know how to use them.

I hear ya lot to learn yet but for sure something has changed because I have tried several times now to reinstall Krusader based on the same video that I followed and it will not work I have installed it with bare minimum requirements ran it to ensure functionality and then tried adding the path to flash as instructed in the video and the docker disappears from the console so something has changed?

Speaking for myself, I installed Krusader to be able to do file operations on the files in my shares. I have set all of my user shares to "Secure" and have not assigned any users to any of them to secure them from a ramsonware attack.  Thus all normal network access is 'read only'.  Hence they can not be modified from the SMB side and I have not activated NFS, there is no way to do file management from the network unless I gain root access to the server.  I realize that there are several ways to do this but, for me, Krusader seems the easiest.

If you are interested in the 'why and how' I setup my server in this manner, read the following thread:

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/58374-secure-writing-strategy-for-unraid-server-using-write-once-read-many-mode/#comment-572532 

Just now, jonathanm said:

Given the mappings shown here, you do not have access to the USB stick using krusader. That would explain why nothing was working with  regard to changing  files on the flash. :D

Man I really appreciate your help for the life of me I could not figure out why when I tried to create those 2 paths (Flash, Unassigned devices) this time around I kept getting errors I must have left something out cause I just reinstalled again and it's golden! Well I learned quite a bit at the expense of some frustration but all is good thank you for pushing the subject along!

Krusader good.png

Archived