We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Array shows 2TB+ free, but Windows 10 reports drive is full when transferring files.

Kelaifu

Hey all

I'm new to unraid, so hopefully this isn't a noob error but I set up a new array across 3x3tb drives (1 as parity) and 1x1tb drive and transferred a ton of data to it, I've come to add a few more TV shows today and windows is reporting that there isn't enough space on the target drive, which is one of my shares from the array, which currently has over 2TB free.

I can copy the file to other shares, just not to the TV share I set up, but to my knowledge, the settings for the TV share are the default, as are the other shares.

I've restarted the Windows10 machine and the NAS box with no change.

What could possibly be causing this issue?

How is the split level set for your TV share?

With this setting unRAID tries to keep files together on the same disk, and copy will fail if not enough free space is available on this single disk. In such a case the split level needs to be adjusted, but it depends on your folder structure.

I don't think I have changed anything, but, it works now, thanks to those that attempted to help anyway xD

well, spoke too soon, getting the same problem again now, I am guessing my wife deleted a few of her shows and freed up some space, but I am back where I was before, the array reports 2.79TB free, but wont let me send anything to it. 

I can't see nothing on the diags that would explain this, my suggestion would to redo your flash drive, backup the current one first, then create a clean install and copy from the old one super.dat and your key only (both on the config folder), if it works you can reconfigure the server or copy the rest of the config files one by one after testing.

I will try your suggestion shortly, although I did find something which may help diagnose the problem. 

The problem only seems to come up when using user shares, I have just sent a 12gb movie file sending to the TV folder using disk shares and there was no errors reported, yesterday I was unable to transfer anything directly to the TV share.

Looks like your TV share includes all disks, so have you actually tried writing to each disk directly? If you only tried one of them, then maybe when you write to the user share unRAID is choosing a different disk than the disk you tried. Not sure what that would mean, unless maybe filesystem problem.

Archived