Libvirt Hot Plugin USB - USB Hot Plugin for VMs

On 2/1/2022 at 4:47 PM, dlandon said:

I'll have a look.

Php has a lot of trouble with an apostrophy in a string.  It requires a lot of special handling.  This is an edge case and your best solution is to not use an apostrophy.  The programming needed to handle this edge case is not worth the investment in time since you have a simple solution.

Hmm, ok. My idea for a solution was to sanatize the String automatically, but I didn't find the right spot for that... 

Luckily I could rename my VM without any problem. I did that once with another VM and I had to rebuild it from scratch. 

But it did work and I'll be careful with my names :)

Thanks for your time anyway! The plugin is very helpful! 

• 3 months later...
44 minutes ago, SimonF said:

@QuejoBoth the Sandisk devices have the same vendor:product ID and as one is the flash boot drive it will not show in VM Manager or the Libvirt Hot Plugin.

y?

is there any work around in this case?

Edited by Quejo
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi this is a very nice plugin!

I attached an screenshot form the error when you have two devices with the same ids.

In Windows everything is working. In Mac OS nothing. Somebody know how to use this plugin with macinabox / Monterey?

And at least is there a simple way to automate the switch from multiple devices from one vm to an other vm?

AAD0D6EC-EBD5-4B22-99B7-79ADC07E743C_4_5005_c.jpeg.0a498063dac8ed379ab73186041606d5.jpeg

Edited by dadark
23 hours ago, dadark said:

Hi this is a very nice plugin!

I attached an screenshot form the error when you have two devices with the same ids.

In Windows everything is working. In Mac OS nothing. Somebody know how to use this plugin with macinabox / Monterey?

And at least is there a simple way to automate the switch from multiple devices from one vm to an other vm?

AAD0D6EC-EBD5-4B22-99B7-79ADC07E743C_4_5005_c.jpeg.0a498063dac8ed379ab73186041606d5.jpeg

My usb_manager plugin may help as supports muliple same devices and has a hotplugin vers also.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Exlife said:

Libvirt Hotplug USB plugin in bigsur. In other MacOS all good. But in Bigsur i can only detach. Atach don't working. Libvirt write me "successfully". But keyboard and mouse don't working

Go to the Libvirt Hotplug USB page and click on the device to be attached and attach it.  Then click on the 'USB Devices' to show the list of devices and get a screen shot of that whole page and post it here.

On 8/24/2022 at 11:36 PM, dlandon said:

Go to the Libvirt Hotplug USB page and click on the device to be attached and attach it.  Then click on the 'USB Devices' to show the list of devices and get a screen shot of that whole page and post it here.

I can't find button  'USB Devices'

Spoiler

11111111.thumb.jpg.7d9250188bf19e818370e825fa6a5f3a.jpg

You about it ?

Spoiler

2222222.thumb.jpg.1f6a23cc971248a599a7f0db845f6dbb.jpg

Edited by Exlife
5 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Screenshot 2022-08-26 054430.png

I wanted to see the list of devices.

The problem is that it says it attaches, but doesn't?  And no error is shown in the 'Results'?

Yes. It screen shot

Spoiler

33333.thumb.jpg.7e930a4080e1dd2d4ab7fde9357005a8.jpg

In Results successfully. But In BigSur don't  working mouse or  keyboard

On High Sierra and Mojave all good working

3 minutes ago, Exlife said:

In Results successfully. But In BigSur don't  working mouse or  keyboard

On High Sierra and Mojave all good working

Sounds like an incompatibility with libvirt and BigSur.  Stop your VM, edit the VM xml and select that device at the bottom where the USB devices can be selected, then restart the VM.  See if it attaches then.

Screenshot 2022-08-26 060232.png