DZMM

Guide: How To Use Rclone To Mount Cloud Drives And Play Files

58 posts in this topic Last Reply

yes - when the mounts are active - files should be added to /mnt/user/mount_unionfs/google_vfs

When the mounts aren't mounted, those paths should be empty - any files you've previously added to your upload queue will be in /mnt/user/rclone_upload

SO.

/mnt/user/mount_unionfs/google_vfs

as directory for plex and radarr and so on?

/mnt/user/rclone_upload

there new files should be added?

What you think about TS/discord/Teamviewer? Maybe we can make the tutorial easier to understand... :) (or find the problem)

root@Unraid-Server:~# rm -r /mnt/user/mount_rclone/google_vfs

root@Unraid-Server:~# rclone mount --rc-addr=192.168.86.2:5572 --allow-other --buffer-size 64M --dir-cache-time 72h --drive-chunk-size 64M --fast-list --log-level INFO --vfs-read-chunk-size 64M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off gdrive_media_vfs: /mnt/user/mount_rclone/google_vfs

root@Unraid-Server:~# rm -r /mnt/user/mount_rclone/google_vfs

root@Unraid-Server:~# rclone mount --rc-addr=192.168.86.2:5572 --allow-other --buffer-size 64M --dir-cache-time 72h --drive-chunk-size 64M --fast-list --log-level INFO --vfs-read-chunk-size 64M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off gdrive_media_vfs: /mnt/user/mount_rclone/google_vfs
2018/11/11 02:43:01 Fatal error: Can not open: /mnt/user/mount_rclone/google_vfs: open /mnt/user/mount_rclone/google_vfs: no such file or directory

root@Unraid-Server:~# mkdir /mnt/user/mount_rclone/google_vfs
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/mnt/user/mount_rclone/google_vfs’: File exists

Edited by nuhll

11 hours ago, DZMM said:

if you add files to :

- mount_rclone: the file will get transferred immediately.  rclone isn't too smart about this, so if the transfer fails the file can get lost

- rclone_upload: the file will get moved using the rclone move script.  This is more intelligent and will retry files if there's a problem

- mount_unionfs: the file gets moved to the rclone_upload folder and gets moved as above

When you unmount the unionfs folder i.e. where it merges files from the cloud /mount_rclone and local files /rclone_upload it should be empty.  If the folder isn't empty pre-mount the mount can fail

11 hours ago, DZMM said:

When you unmount the unionfs folder i.e. where it merges files from the cloud /mount_rclone and local files /rclone_upload it should be empty.  If the folder isn't empty pre-mount the mount can fail

Ill try tomorrow from scratch, but the scripts should really count for it and if it needs to be empty maybe move it to tmp and then back... while mounting?!

1 hour ago, nuhll said:

Ill try tomorrow from scratch, but the scripts should really count for it and if it needs to be empty maybe move it to tmp and then back... while mounting?!

The scripts do, but occasionally something odd happens - the scripts are exactly the same as what myself and a few others have been using without problems for a while so I'm trying to cover all potential problems to help you find what's going wrong

On 11/11/2018 at 11:12 PM, DZMM said:

The scripts do, but occasionally something odd happens - the scripts are exactly the same as what myself and a few others have been using without problems for a while so I'm trying to cover all potential problems to help you find what's going wrong

I think the problem is/was that i was stopping the upload script, BUT that could happen all time.

U say your script already moves the files, but if that were true, why should i check if there are files? (i guess you dont know what i mean?)

I mean if mounting only works if there are no files, put a mv to a temp folder before mounting and then mv it back (or mv it to upload?)... so mount always works no matter what happens.

Edited by nuhll

I never created these directories ... ?

root@Unraid-Server:~# vi /mnt/user/mount_unionfs/google_vfs/
movies/   tv_shows/

(im german, so i wont use english names for my folders)

Where does they come from!?!?? They always get created when running the mount script. 

Edit: i found out line 25 "mkdir -p /mnt/user/mount_unionfs/google_vfs/{movies,tv_shows}"

Wouldnt it be better to not do that? Bc not everyone uses "movies" and "tv shows"?

Could you please explain me which directories needs to be empty when mounting.

I should put new files in /mnt/user/rclone_upload (but can i also link radarr, sonarr to this directory?)

Even when i delete the directorys i get errors mounting. I guess its the check of mountcheck which fails. 

Coulnt we meet in TS or discord or something to talk (or chat) about this, maybe its a very easy fix which i dont see, i did everything from scratch and still cant mount.

Latest error i get is 

14.11.2018 18:40:09 INFO: mounting rclone vfs.
14.11.2018 18:40:19 INFO: Check rclone vfs mount success.
fusermount: failed to unmount /mnt/user/mount_unionfs/google_vfs: Invalid argument
fuse: mountpoint is not empty
fuse: if you are sure this is safe, use the 'nonempty' mount option
14.11.2018 18:40:19 CRITICAL: unionfs Remount failed.

That mount failed before is probably due bc of to low sizes?! (was using 64mb for all values) Thats the error i get when i use your values.

I already ordered new RAM so this will be np in future i hope.

Edited by nuhll

Sorry for slow reply, I've been rebuilding my PC so no internet etc

21 hours ago, nuhll said:

Edit: i found out line 25 "mkdir -p /mnt/user/mount_unionfs/google_vfs/{movies,tv_shows}"

Wouldnt it be better to not do that? Bc not everyone uses "movies" and "tv shows"?

I was trying to make the script as 'off the shelf' as possible and after seeing some of the confusion you've had with which folders to use, I added it in.  Stupid idea as this is the cause of your latest error i.e. the unionfs folder isn't empty - fixed on github - just change to: 

mkdir -p /mnt/user/mount_unionfs/google_vfs

Could you please explain me which directories needs to be empty when mounting.

See above - After you've unmounted, on rare I've seen there are residual files in the /mount_unionfs/ folder.  This hasn't happened for a long, long time so whatever was causing it seems to have gone away - I again mentioned this because you were having strange problems, so I thought this was worth checking.

I should put new files in /mnt/user/rclone_upload (but can i also link radarr, sonarr to this directory?)

Your dockers should be pointed at the sub-folders within /mount_unionfs/ - that's the whole point of the setup, that dockers can't distinguish between files that are in the cloud (mount_rclone) or files that are local and will be moved to the cloud /rclone_upload