Backups on Unraid and Config

Morne

Hi me Again.

I need some advice on backup on the unraid system.

So let me explain.

I have a new system that is running a Very old USB stick and i bought myself a brand new one .

Also to mention that i am running a trail licence and only have 6 days left.

So the plan here is to Backup the the running config including my Dockers create a new Usb stick get it licenced and then restore my config.

i do not want to lose my Data.

If anyone can help on this would be great.

There is a built-in backup function in Unraid.

Main   >>>>  Boot Device    Click on the 'Flash' under the "DEVICE" column.  From the Flash Device Settings tab, click on the 'FLASH BACKUP' button.   All of the Configurations settings are in the config folder/directory of the flash drive.  You can restore this backup to your new flash drive and boot up from it and your system should run as it is now.  (You will need to get a new .key file for it...) 

Hi all .

Thanks for the help i did notice something i have 6 days left on my old USB stick so i did a backup of the original to get a better USB stick.

After i restored the USB stick i now have no days available and i cannot register a trail key.

it now forces me to buy the licence key.

I dont mind paying love the software but there is still some testing to be done.

I did try and copy the config over but that failed saying the licence key is invalid.

So i dont think you can use the old config just to get the share working.

Or am i wrong