[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

18 minutes ago, alturismo said:

honestly i dont think thats a good idea ... never saw someone recommending this ;)

you would need a ssh Server running on your phone, you already have this working ? and running as service ?

with all proper priviledges ?

i guess your idea is somehow a pull backup while your phone is at home ...

there are so many backup solutions for android phones to automatically backup to network shares ... i would rather go vice vers, push from android to your NAS at home ... as sample apps like synthing, folder sync, ... nextcloud, ... whatever.

there you can set rules what (folders on your phone), when (at home only in wifi, always, ...) ... and so on ...

Well I thought it was a good idea, cause nothing else is working right now.

I already tried SyncThing, FolderSync and more, but nothing will backup my whole system from /system/emulated/0/ to a folder on unRAID.
So I was searching on more options to backup my Android system to unRAID, and then I saw that option...
But now you say it isn't a "good idea"....
So now the LuckyBackup option is off the list too....

I don't want to go too much off-topic, but what can you help me with to solve this problem I have.

You can always message me via DM here on the Forum, if you want to help me with this matter.

Hope you can help me out.

Kind Regards, Rick.

6 minutes ago, rikdegraaff said:

but nothing will backup my whole system

49 minutes ago, rikdegraaff said:

And I want to backup my Poco X6 Pro 5G, without root.

there is now way on an unrooted phone to backup the whole system ... at least none im aware of ;)

you can backup your storage files, data, ... and syncthing as sample should do this ... sorry, not much more to help from my side.

6 minutes ago, alturismo said:

there is now way on an unrooted phone to backup the whole system ... at least none im aware of ;)

you can backup your storage files, data, ... and syncthing as sample should do this ... sorry, not much more to help from my side.

There are definitely ways to backup /storage/emulated/0/.
Even while my phone isn't rooted...
I've found multiple examples for that cause, only none of them are currently working for me right now.
That is why I thought that maybe LuckyBackup was a method to do that...

I understand now, that you cannot help me any further.
I'm sorry about that, I really hoped that you could help me out.

But still thanks for responding, I appreciate that a lot.

Greetz, Rick!

6 minutes ago, rikdegraaff said:

There are definitely ways to backup /storage/emulated/0/.
Even while my phone isn't rooted...

im aware of that, but thats not your whole system ... so the main question is, what do you really want todo ...

may here a howto for syncthing https://flemmingss.com/backing-up-your-android-device-using-syncthing/

in the past when i did root my phones and so on (titanium and co ...) there where easy solutions to backup all and restore in case ... nowaday with sync is included with your passes and so on ... most common is to backup your data like photos, docs, ... whatever is on your phone (storage ...) and thats where apps like synthing is just doing its jobs.

in the end, it relies now "what" you want, in terms backing up your /storage/emulated/0/ folders ... i would consider checking syncthing and look for help there (forums, ...) what can be done and may where your hurdle is.

1 hour ago, alturismo said:

im aware of that, but thats not your whole system ... so the main question is, what do you really want todo ...

may here a howto for syncthing https://flemmingss.com/backing-up-your-android-device-using-syncthing/

in the past when i did root my phones and so on (titanium and co ...) there where easy solutions to backup all and restore in case ... nowaday with sync is included with your passes and so on ... most common is to backup your data like photos, docs, ... whatever is on your phone (storage ...) and thats where apps like synthing is just doing its jobs.

in the end, it relies now "what" you want, in terms backing up your /storage/emulated/0/ folders ... i would consider checking syncthing and look for help there (forums, ...) what can be done and may where your hurdle is.

The only thing I want is to backup my whole /storage/emulated/0/, as that contains all my files, on my Non-Rooted phone.

Syncthing was too difficult to setup, I tried it but it gave me all kinds of errors when I wanted to backup /storage/emulated/0/.

Also FolderSync won't backup all the folders under /storage/emulated/0/, so I also stopped with that.

Now I thought maybe LuckyBackup is an easy way to backup /storage/emulated/0/, but that option seems off the table now...

Sorry for being a bit unclear at times, but I don't write fluent English...

Edited by rikdegraaff
1 hour ago, rikdegraaff said:

Now I thought maybe LuckyBackup is an easy way to backup /storage/emulated/0/, but that option seems off the table now...

I also never heard why and also how you would even do that with luckyBackup since this is just a GUI for rsync.

I hope you find a application that works for you, maybe look into Nextcloud since you can specify a whole folder to sync, however that is out of scope for this thread.

24 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I also never heard why and also how you would even do that with luckyBackup since this is just a GUI for rsync.

I hope you find a application that works for you, maybe look into Nextcloud since you can specify a whole folder to sync, however that is out of scope for this thread.

Hi @ich777,

Nextcloud is also a pain in the ass for me on unRAID, so I would like to avoid Nextcloud at all.

Furthermore I found the luckybackup method while searching on the internet.
But that seems a no-go too.

Kind Regards, Rick