[SOLVED] aneely - docker image filling up

4 minutes ago, trurl said:

That looks OK. Is it working as you expect? Since you changed dockers and presumably the appdata path, it will be a completely new install of plex and you will have to set up your media again.

Seems to be working right.  I could see the media and it is rebuilding the library.

OK, plex is an easy one, and since it doesn't usually write anything except its own appdata (unless you specify a special path for transcoding) it is also unlikely to fill your docker image.

NZBGet is another container I happen to use, the linuxserver one. And since it is used to download and process large files, it can definitely write into and fill docker image if you don't configure it correctly.

Reinstall your NZBGet container and post the docker run command for that.

6 minutes ago, trurl said:

OK, plex is an easy one, and since it doesn't usually write anything except its own appdata (unless you specify a special path for transcoding) it is also unlikely to fill your docker image.

NZBGet is another container I happen to use, the linuxserver one. And since it is used to download and process large files, it can definitely write into and fill docker image if you don't configure it correctly.

Reinstall your NZBGet container and post the docker run command for that.

Here you go:

Command:root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-nzbget' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '6789:6789/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/downloads/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-nzbget':'/config':'rw' 'binhex/arch-nzbget' 

55a2482c2fe79691ca20294fe6aaad6b5f064a2d13ebf1b215bd4cd3445d0984

The command finished successfully!

OK, that looks good. Use NZBGet to download something. You should see it is downloading and processing files in the user share named downloads, since  NZBGet is set to use paths in /data, and /data is mapped to /mnt/user/downloads.

After it completes a download or two, post new diagnostics so we can verify that docker image isn't growing.

OK, those look good. I assume the downloads went as expected.

Now on to the trickier part, setting up sonarr. I am a fairly new user to sonarr and radarr, but they are working for me. The main thing that often trips people up with these is making sure they can properly communicate the paths with nzbget, etc. Basically, you just need to make sure they are doing the mappings the same way.

8 hours ago, aneelley said:

...log file on sonarr says it is looking in /usr/local/bin/nzbget/downloads/completed/shows/ for the completed shows...

To me, this suggests that you had a relative path somewhere in the settings for sonarr, since /usr isn't going to be part of a mapped path but /usr/local/bin might very well be the "current directory" of the executable inside the container.

13 hours ago, trurl said:

You are using a controller that isn't passing the serial number or SMART information from your disks.

OP is using SAS devices, they already have much less SMART info than regular ATA devices, and with latest Unraid there's an issue with smartmontools that show even less info for some SAS devices, not basic stats and not even temps, this should be corrected on a future smartmontools release.

• Like 1

Command:root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-sonarr' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '8989:8989/tcp' -p '9897:9897/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/downloads/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/':'/media':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-sonarr':'/config':'rw' 'binhex/arch-sonarr' 

218737a0db4af095b51043b893d82b81f25f7163660b055e72cae3dce9056ad4

The command finished successfully!

OK, I just looked at sonarr (as I said I'm a new user). I mostly use radarr, but they are basically the same. It doesn't look like there is anywhere to set any paths, so I think it just relies on working with the other applications.

If you don't get any errors then let it work for a while and check that files are showing up in the user shares they are supposed to. Then get new diagnostics so we can confirm your docker image isn't growing.