Moderators Needed!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I arrived late to this thread but I'll also throw my hat into the ring if more mods are needed.  Specifically I would like to help out in the Good Deals, Lounge, and UCD threads as that's where I spend most of my time.  I'm really happy to see the mod selections that have already been made.

Well, I arrived late to this thread but I'll also throw my hat into the ring if more mods are needed.  Specifically I would like to help out in the Good Deals, Lounge, and UCD threads as that's where I spend most of my time.  I'm really happy to see the mod selections that have already been made.

Careful what you ask for, Mr. Global Moderator  ;D

My first act as mod was to accidentally delete one of LimeTech's posts ...

... and you're still here???  :P

Surprises me too :)

...i think most (if not all) the mods I thought "should" be moderators have now officially been knighted. Rajahal was the missing member... ;D

good luck to you all!

My first act as mod was to accidentally delete one of LimeTech's posts ...

... and you're still here???  :P

Surprises me too :)

...i think most (if not all) the mods I thought "should" be moderators have now officially been knighted. Rajahal was the missing member... ;D

good luck to you all!

There's one more notable missing person, without naming names, username starts with "Weebo" and ends with "Tech", but I think he's mentioned in the past he's too busy for Moderator role - it's all good!

there is yet one more, although he probably has more than enough cleaning out spam from the wiki.

Starts with Rob and ends with 'J'

RobJ would be another good one, though he has not been around as much lately.

Back in the day RobJ and I would clear spam from the wiki like it was going out of style.  At one point it was part of my morning routine while I ate breakfast and drank my coffee.

RobJ, if your reading this and would like to be a Mod I am sure all the other Mods would welcome you with a beer and a pat on the back.

there is yet one more, although he probably has more than enough cleaning out spam from the wiki.

Starts with Rob and ends with 'J'

RobJ would be another good one, though he has not been around as much lately.

Back in the day RobJ and I would clear spam from the wiki like it was going out of style.  At one point it was part of my morning routine while I ate breakfast and drank my coffee.

RobJ, if your reading this and would like to be a Mod I am sure all the other Mods would welcome you with a beer and a pat on the back.

He still is cleaning spam from the wiki...  Today even: http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php?title=Special:RecentChanges

I think he'd be very welcome if he had any inkling of a desire.

Wow!  All the heros of this forum are getting their just reward!  About a year and a half ago, I found my PC drives filling up with the few DVDs I was ripping and streaming via hacked XBOX using XBMC.  I desperately needed a larger storage solution and began my search...I frequented (still do) AVS and found threads covering NAS solutions.

I read about out-of-the-box solutions, FreeNAS, this and that, blah-de-blah, until aparticular topic caught my eye which discussed a simple , set it-and-forget it solution called UnRaid that would run on older equipment (which I just happen to have lying around...) and it will provide data protection without the need of a Pro-Admin to maintain it.

I grabbed the freebee version and slapped three 1TB drives into it and have run it *problem free* for just over one year.  With help from celebrities such as BubbQ, JoeL, Romir (PS3 MediaServer was my first "mod" to UnRaid), and many, many others...I tip my hat to you all...I have upgraded to Pro in the past couple of weeks and intend to update my hardware and expand the number of drives (gotta stop @ 20, eh?).

I look forward to many years of UnRaid storage and the awesome support we see here!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I really appreciate the votes of confidence, but I don't think you guys need me, you have been doing REALLY GREAT work.  I'm always wanting to be helpful, and I'd like to be a moderator, but I think being a moderator requires a thicker skin than I have, someone ready to be tough when necessary.  I tend to run from unpleasantness.

I would like additional powers with the wiki though.  I promise to be completely subject to Tom's approval, and ultra-conservative with any changes of others work, except for anything that is unquestionably spam and the spammers responsible!  By the way, thank you Brandnewfatboy for your help zapping spam there.