(SOLVED) MOBO Change unRaid 169 IP address

NotHere

Good day all. Having an issue that UNRAID wont assign the correct IP address for some reason (or so I think).

When UNRAID starts, on the main long text scree, it shows IPv4 address: 169.xxx.xxx.xxx right before the login. I never really looked at this before, but either way, I cant connect to the server via that IP or my tower name on the same network. 

All I did was SWAP the motherboard from ITX to ATX and it is a different manufacturer. I also added 2 new sticks of RAM. 

I have deleted from the USB the only file I found that I think was named network.cfg. That was a suggestion. I connected it back to the PC, started it up, and nothing. The netowrk.cfg file was never recreated. 

I decided to do a test and use a new USB, set it up, connected it to the computer, same thing. It gives me a 169.xxx.xxx.xxx IP address and wont connect via Tower new name. 

I swapped out cables from tower to switch, then just straight to the modem, different ports, direct cables and nothing.

On my MODEMS IP page, 192.168.1.254, I went to Device List >> Home Network Devices and clicked a button that says, Clear and Rescan for devices. I assume that will show everything connected on my network. I never see this tower. I see everything else actively connected, but this tower, never comes up.

At this point I assumed it was the MOBO ethernet port that was bad. But I wanted to keep trying, so I got an SSD, made it the only thing connected to the MOBO, and did a clean Windows 10 install. It got internet right away. I did pings and speed test and browsed and downloaded updates. It worked perfectly via ethernet. 

So basically, I am guessing it just wont let UNRAID work and it may have to do with the BIOS. I reset the BIOS already to defaults but nothing. 

Old MOBO: ASRock B550M PRO4

New MOBO: MSI B550 EDGE GAMINING WIFI (never getting MSI MOBO ever again, I cant stand the BIOS screen)

Any help would be appreciated. 

Edited by NotHere
1 minute ago, JorgeB said:

You'll need to install the latest beta for Unraid to have a driver for your NIC.

So I will need to delete everything of my USB and do a fresh install? Is there a way to update so I don't lose my configurations? Can I move the drives from a new made USB to the old USB?

5 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

No, you can update, extract only all the bz* files from the beta zip replacing the current ones.

After several Google searches, I was unable to find a DOWNLOAD file for the beta. I did make a beta USB. Can I look in that USB and start looking for bz* files and moving them over?

35 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

35 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

Yes.  The bz* files should all be in the root of that flash drive.

49 minutes ago, rachid596 said:

Try to boot in gui mode en look the Network Settings

Envoyé de mon HD1913 en utilisant Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, trurl said:

yes

You PEOPLE are just freaking AMAZING. Thanks so much for this. It worked perfectly. TY TY TY.

Edited by NotHere
update
  • Like 1