[Support] Plex Media Server - Official

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I need help adding a 2nd share (solely a 4k share) to my plex server. I have set up 2 new instances of radarr and sonarr just for 4k as per TRaSH guides (they need to have separate root locations for hardlinks to work) and now I need to link the new share to plex. The issue I am having is when I add a 2nd path to the plex docker settings, it doesn't work (the docker image becomes orphaned).

My main media share consists of every from 1080p and below while the other share is solely 4k. Any ideas how to do this?

My shares are "data" and "data4k" in unraid (data4k > media4k is the one I want to add) and the structures are below:

data
├── torrents
└── media
     ├── movies
     └── tv
data4k
 ├── torrents4k
 └── media4k
     ├── movies4k
     └── tv4k

Hey everyone,

Last week upgraded everything but my hard drives.  

Now all of a sudden many of my movies stutter like crazy. Entirely unwatchable. 
The sound is fine but the video is constant stutter.

This is either remotely or on the same network.

I've tested several and all have the same or similar issues.

Several MP4s BluRay-1080p x265 continuous stutter.     
Only one the the MP4 BluRay-1080p x265's worked. However this one wouldn't load in Jellyfin.   
Pretty much any MKV BluRay-1080p x265 works fine.  

For the ones that don't work correctly, if I play them and manually select a quality... the only qualities that work are either automatically convert or anything 480p or below.

Another thing is if I play via the web app on my laptop, this is where I can most definitely recreate the issue.  
However, playing on my TCL Roku TV has no issues no matter what mix of quality and direct play I select.

The main movie I am using as a test... if I select any quality from original to any of the 720p options, it shows Direct play and stutters.  
If I select 480p or below, it shows that it's transcoding and works fine.  
If I select convert automatically, it works fine.

I'm more or less having the same issues in Jellyfin as well, although instead of stuttering, they just don't start.

I'm killing myself trying to figure out why I have all upgraded hardware and getting far worse performance.  
Everything was running perfectly on my much older tower.  

Please see my specs below and thank you for any advice!!

---

Using the official Plex container on Unraid.

Here's what I now have: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/JsfPxr

Old CPU is an i7-8700 with Intel® UHD Graphics 630  
and the new one is i5-12500 with Intel® UHD Graphics 770. (this one has the dual codec engine)

In my Plex container settings, I have /dev/dri set as device and I have also tried  /dev/dri/card0 and /dev/dri/renderD128.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Intel GPU TOP plugin as well as the GPU Statistics plugin for Unraid.

Edited by DevanteWeary
4 hours ago, DevanteWeary said:

In my Plex container settings, I have /dev/dri set as device and I have also tried  /dev/dri/card0 and /dev/dri/renderD128.

And did you check if hardware transcoding is working?

11 hours ago, mgutt said:

And did you check if hardware transcoding is working?

Yes it's working.

However I think I have it figured out and all that typing was for nothing ha.

Pretty sure it's because it was Chrome mainly being used to test.

Everything else worked fine; apps, phone apps, Firefox (probably because it's forced transcoding), and anything that basically wasn't Chrome.

tldr; Chrome sucks for Direct Play of HEVC 10. Transcoding still worked fine in Chrome though.

Edited by DevanteWeary