Tom the only one developing unRAID?

opentoe

We don't know.  There has only been one other person on the forums that has characterised themself as being involved with the Lime-Tech business.  And she seemed to be approaching from the marketing side, and only posted a few times and was not heard from again.

No matter how big a company is. Big or Small there is always typically one guy that the world interfaces with. For us that has always been limetech. As a moderator I've always brought all my questions to him and I've always recieved my questions.

1, 2, 3 or even 12 people I'm glad we have unRAID, limetech as well as all the support from the forum.

Consider this. Samsung or many of the other Companies out there with 100's of employees and the worst customer service in the industry. We have the best customer service in the industry.  ;D

Of course it doesn't mean what the OP has asked isn't a fair question. I just think most of us have never even thought to ask or in my case have ever even wondered. "I flip the light switch on in the morning and the light comes on. Tis why I never wondered where power comes from."

It just occurred to me, that my home is filled with best of breed, best support one-man development:

nPVR (formerly GBPVR) - Developed by a kiwi named Graham. Been happy with it since 2004 after dismissing other solutions. Great forum support and community addon development.

Weather-display - Developed by another kiw named Brian. Been happy with it since 2004. Great forum support and community addon development.

unRAID - Developed by a US guy named Tom. Been happy with it since january 2010. Great forum support and community addon development.

Looks like a lot of good stuff comes from dedicated committed developers who develop the core product alone - successfully for years - and build up a loyal and dedicated community...

Is Tom the only one developing unRAID? Is it his full time job, or a part-time project?

Seemed like a reasonable question to me

To bring this back on topic..

My educated guess would be that it's a hobby. Whether or not he has a full-time job, I don't know and won't speculate but from the few years that I've been on these forums, I would wager that it's a part-time project that he works on when he has time.

To bring this back on topic..

My educated guess would be that it's a hobby. Whether or not he has a full-time job, I don't know and won't speculate but from the few years that I've been on these forums, I would wager that it's a part-time project that he works on when he has time.

This kind of speculation without any form of presented facts is misleading.  As I indicated at the beginning, only emailing the parent company would provide relevant information, or locating an individual with first-hand knowledge of the company.  No matter how venerable the rest of us might be in relation to the product or to the forums, if we only have circumstantial evidence or gut intuitions, then we do not know the truth.