duplicate shares in both cache pools

I recently purchase a 1TB NVME drive for cache in Unraid (6.9.2) along with an existing 250GB SATA SSD cache drive.

I setup two cache drives. like this

1252617519_ScreenShot2021-08-28at1_33_51am.thumb.png.e8558f94fb7411ef7471d680704219f1.png

My plan is that Cache_nvme is reserved for appdata, system, domains shares, while Cache_ssd is for cacheing SMB copy via 10 GBE (then mover will move data off Cache_ssd later to array).

I setup appdata share as this.

361463586_ScreenShot2021-08-28at2_07_32am.thumb.png.ddf904d958083f7b95661b250dd9ca70.png

Somehow mover moved most of appdata to Cache_nvme. Now I've got two (almost) duplicate appdata share in both cache drives. I can't remember how this happen. I think I need to use "Yes" option to let mover move appdata back to array first, then change to "prefer" -> invoke mover to move it again to cache (in this case, new cache_nvme). I am pretty sure that I didn't do this step, but now I have duplicate appdata in both cache drives. (I did invoke mover a few times to shift other shares)

So my questions

How do I consolidate appdata share to cache_nvme only?

Can I manually delete appdata share in cache_ssd? (command line or Krusader)

If I write data to "appdata" share, will it update to both cache drives?

Thanks

326936587_ScreenShot2021-08-28at2_05_57am.thumb.png.3165e72ba05904e21f32e67d06216820.png

424939728_ScreenShot2021-08-28at2_06_33am.thumb.png.052a204d413e5d82dab017e92bb13b97.png

4 minutes ago, wilsonhomelab said:

I tried to set appdata, domains, system "yes" of "use cache pool", then invoked mover, but nothing happened. Files are not moved and still sitting in both cache pool. Please help

Can I manually move files between cache pools?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Yes,, you can manually move files between pools.

unraid will never automatically move files between pools.

the ‘mover’ app will also not move files to/from the array if they already exist on the target.

34 minutes ago, wilsonhomelab said:

When I rename the appdata folder to "appdata_" in the cache_ssd, for the sake of keeping a backup, a new share "appdata_" appears

That is expected.    All top level folders on any drive are automatically considered as User Shares, and in this case will have default settings.

• 4 months later...

I'm doing something very similar to this.  My question is... should I also change my docker directory and default appdata storage location to /mnt/cache/x in the docker settings and default VM storage path and libvirt storage location to /mnt/cache/x?  I have them set in the shares to only use cache.

2 hours ago, RichJacot said:

change my docker directory and default appdata storage location to /mnt/cache/x in the docker settings and default VM storage path and libvirt storage location to /mnt/cache/x?

That is what I do, though I use another pool other than cache that I have named "fast" for this. Probably doesn't make much difference but there could be some advantages to bypassing user shares in this case. Of course, these can't overflow to the array like a cache-prefer share can, but you don't want that anyway. Just don't fill it up.