Newbie unable to assign disks on Main Page: just can't see how to do it

Go to solution Solved by trurl,

I've downloaded the 6.9.2 version yesterday, got it installed, and I'm logged in successfully.  But I cannot for the life of me figure out the next step and cannot find any help in the online instructions. I'm on the main page and it looks as though I should be assigning the unassigned disks (all of them). 

My configuration: 16GB parity disk (I'm hoping that Unraid is going to be a BIG store, at least by for non-business customer), 2 x 4GB plus 1 x 3GB for data storage.  There will be (I hope) two main data sets initially: 2GB of photos, and 1GB of other data.  I think that means two Shares??? I imagine that the Shares should be distributed across all three data drives???  There will initially be only 1 user.  

CPU is a 4-core 2.8GHz.

My goal: all I want to do is protect my data from loss, so  this is basically to be a NAS.  I don't anticipate that I will have plugins for entertainment,, etc.

Can anyone help by showing me how to make the necessary setup step of assigning disks, please?

Bob

17 hours ago, Squid said:

Yeah, use the drop downs to assign the drives.

You can set up as many shares as you like.  Separate ones for photos, movies, television, save stuff, documents, etc etc etc  Its all how you choose to organize things

Thank you both for the quick response.  So the problem was/is that the mobo is not seeing the disks, so when I clicked on the down-arrow, all I got was the word "unassigned" on a blue background --- there were no disks shown as options.  Now working to try to fix the mobo visibility of the disks.  Strange problem because these disks have been used successfully with this mobo in the recent past.

34 minutes ago, bobchapman said:

I've removed a bunch of no-longer-used software, but no hardware changes.  HDDs are all SATA-connected.

I forgot to say earlier that I'm trying to install Unraid on bare hardware; that is, no Windows install.  Don't know if that makes any difference.

Not clear what you mean by all that. What no-longer-used software? When you boot Unraid no software from any other OS is loaded. There is no Windows install of Unraid. Unraid IS the OS. And there isn't really an install, you just boot from the flash drive and the OS is loaded into RAM from archives on flash.

Now I have to wonder if you are even getting Unraid to boot. Are you?