Cannot Start Array

Hello Everyone,

I am attempting to set up my first unRAID server and I am having problems starting my array. Here are a list of my specs:

Motherboard:

• Asus Z10PE-D16 WS 

CPU:

• 2x Intel Xeon E-2697 SR1XF

RAM:

• 4x32 Crucial DDR4 Dual Ranked ECC Memory

Storage:

• 1x 1TB Samsung 970 Evo m.2 nvme
  • 4x Western Digital 1 TB WD Blue SN570 NVMe SSD

GPU:

• Asus GT 710

I have tried to attach my diagnostics file and it fails to upload. Here is a link to it:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aC6jYiKiO8zB2QTKcIMxEQSx3Ere9abs/view?usp=sharing

When I go to the web console I set my parity drive as the Samsung NVMe and I set the disks to the four WD NVMe's. I then hit start array and a timer appears at the top and the unRAID logo begins to move on screen.

If I open another tab and attempt to navigate to the url the server has disconnected from the network and it is unreachable. I am directly attached to the server via gpu/keyboard and it shows a blinking cursor but I cannot type into it. As such I leave the tab with the unRAID logo running in hopes that it will reconnect after. I cannot see any progress at all and my current attempt has been running for over 26 hours. 

The last time I tried it ran for 18 hours and I stopped it to restart my machine because I read somewhere that it should not be disconnected from the network and I should be able to see a completion bar of some kind. 

I am at a loss for what to do. Should I continue to let it run? Did I do something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@itimpi It is letting me post it in this comment luckily but here it is.

@Squid I just realized it was the uptime timer, I am assuming it is kept client side which is why it worked. 

I will say I just attempted to run this from the unRAID OS gui and it actually freezes when I start the array and forced me to shut down which is why it goes offline. Which makes a lot more sense but I still don't understand why.

krakenhaus-diagnostics-19991231-1634.zip

So now I started the array and it didn't immediately take the server offline. However it told me that the disks were unmountable. I checked the box to enable formatting and clicked format (I probably should have waited until parity synced) but now the page is taking too long to respond again. I can still see the server on the network this time so it hasn't shut down. But I am again unable to visit the web console as intended. Should I give it a few hours to see if the parity works this time?

The keyboard/monitor is also unresponsive again so I can't even run diagnostics. (blinking cursor but accepts no input)

3 minutes ago, ehosinski said:

However it told me that the disks were unmountable

This is expected if the drives have not previously been formatted by Unraid.

4 minutes ago, ehosinski said:

I checked the box to enable formatting and clicked format (I probably should have waited until parity synced) but now the page is taking too long to respond again.

This could take quite a long time to complete if you are simultaneously building parity.   If not done at the same time it is normally quite quick.

As the server is still operational you may find that if you close the browser and then connect s second time then you get something useful.   If not then wait until parity is built.

27 minutes ago, itimpi said:

This is expected if the drives have not previously been formatted by Unraid.

This could take quite a long time to complete if you are simultaneously building parity.   If not done at the same time it is normally quite quick.

As the server is still operational you may find that if you close the browser and then connect s second time then you get something useful.   If not then wait until parity is built.

It's not offline again. I think it likely froze again but I have no real way of knowing. I just have the web console up but if I were to refresh or anything it would just lead to a timeout.

unRAID.png

You could try opening up the syslog in a window before starting the array?

at the moment the symptoms feel very like they must be hardware related in some way.

Are you sure that the power supply is OK for the hardware.   Building parity is a time when the system will be most demanding.

Have you tried running memtest (one of the options on the boot menu) to check out the RAM?   What speed are you clocking the RAM at?  Make sure it is within the rating for your motherboard/CPU combination.  Overclocking RAM is a not infrequent cause of crashes.