Problems with drives

I checked a few of your shares and they don't have split level set. Since you don't know what it is you probably haven't set it for any of them, which means split level will allow any of your disks to be used unless excluded from the share. Didn't notice any includes or excludes for any share or globally, so this is all about Highwater Allocation. That is the default for good reason. Just leave it alone and eventually all disks will be used.

I did notice that your appdata and system shares have files on the array. You want those all on fast storage (cache) and set to stay there so your dockers will perform better and not keep array disks spunup since these files are always open.

12 minutes ago, trurl said:

I checked a few of your shares and they don't have split level set. Since you don't know what it is you probably haven't set it for any of them, which means split level will allow any of your disks to be used unless excluded from the share. Didn't notice any includes or excludes for any share or globally, so this is all about Highwater Allocation. That is the default for good reason. Just leave it alone and eventually all disks will be used.

I did notice that your appdata and system shares have files on the array. You want the all on fast storage (cache) and set to stay there so your dockers will perform better and not keep array disks spunup since these files are always open.

Thank you for reply so sorry how do i sort the second thing you said about sorry  and the other thing is in the second image i posted why does it show the two drives with a error

Edited by Sparky678911
8 minutes ago, Sparky678911 said:

two drives with a error

Disk5 has 251 CRC errors, disk6 has 34. These are connection problems. You can acknowledge those warnings by clicking on them and it will warn again if it increases. If it increases frequently you need to figure out what the connection problem is.

12 minutes ago, Sparky678911 said:

how do i sort the second thing

Set those shares to prefer cache so mover will move them to cache. Nothing can move open files, so you will have to disable Docker in Settings before running mover.

On 2/8/2022 at 3:58 PM, trurl said:

Set those shares to prefer cache so mover will move them to cache. Nothing can move open files, so you will have to disable Docker in Settings before running mover.

Thanks for help so on this is there any instructions on how to this this please sorry if sound a bit stupid i do not want to muck up or loose anything thank you

7 hours ago, Sparky678911 said:

instructions

On 2/8/2022 at 10:58 AM, trurl said:

Set those shares to prefer cache

Click on each share to get to its settings

disable Docker in Settings

Settings - Docker

running mover

Main - Array Operation