"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gfjardim: that in reference to the simpleFeatures package? Share that with speeding_ant so he can re-post it on his page.

Yes, this is about fixing some metadata, permissions and ownership that OSX messes up.

#!/bin/bash

URL="http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/simpleFeatures-0.7-unraid-speeding_ant.tgz"

# Make the temp directory
[ -e "/simple" ] && rm -rf /simple
mkdir /simple
cd /simple

#Download and extract the file
wget $URL
explodepkg `basename $URL`
rm `basename $URL`

# Remove metadata files and fix permissions and ownership
find /simple \( -iname "._*" -o -iname ".DS_Store" \) -exec rm '{}' \;
find /simple -type d -exec chmod 755 '{}' \; -exec chown root:root '{}' \;
find /simple -type f -exec chmod 644 '{}' \; -exec chown root:root '{}' \;
chmod 755 ./install/doinst.sh ./usr/bin/* ./usr/sbin/*

# Make the new package
makepkg /boot/extra/`basename $URL`

# Clean the temp directory
rm -rf /simple

On the line makepkg, I get the following:

root@Tower:/simple# makepkg /boot/extra/`basename $URL`

Slackware package maker, version 3.14159.

Searching for symbolic links:

No symbolic links were found, so we won't make an installation script.

You can make your own later in ./install/doinst.sh and rebuild the

package if you like.

This next step is optional - you can set the directories in your package

to some sane permissions. If any of the directories in your package have

special permissions, then DO NOT reset them here!

Would you like to reset all directory permissions to 755 (drwxr-xr-x) and

directory ownerships to root.root ([y]es, [n]o)?

Any idea why? and how should i answer it?

I thought your previous lines set the perms?

That's interesting. It seems to execute

wget $URL; explodepkg `basename $URL`

without a problem. I wonder why it hiccups on

makepkg /boot/extra/`basename $URL`

Try modifying the script at the top, as such:

URL="http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/simpleFeatures-0.7-unraid-speeding_ant.tgz"
FILE="`basename $URL`"

explodepkg $FILE
rm $FILE

makepkg /boot/extra/$FILE

Ahh, ok, that makes sense. But it's still weird that the $URL variable wasn't interpolated, and basename wasn't executed...I figure it would execute what's in backticks (`) first, then pass that as an argument to "makepkg" -- unless makepkg runs first, doesn't see a switch for permissions, and proceeds to shit on the command line. What a rude CLI!

Sorry guys, I may have confused you, I should have stated what troubled me.

Here goes, first i did not have a directory called 'extra' (still learning the OS and how things work), I assumed it would create the directory, it did not. I created the directory, then reran it worked.

Second in what I posted, what troubled me was the line

"Searching for symbolic links:No symbolic links were found,"

So I though something was missing. But now thinking and looking at it again, may be you are supposed to (if you wanted to) some how provide the symbolic links and it would then create the installation script. But in our case were dont want to? as speeding_ant has the 'doinst.sh' (installation script) layed out already...

Did I get this right?

P.S. I got the game plan worked out for ssmtp last night, hopefully execute it soon and get it over to you.

Haha - all good. Looking forward to your SSMTP solution. Again, really appreciate you taking the time to learn and sort that out.

There's potential for SimpleFeatures gui to become the default unRAID gui. My plugin may exist no more! Therefore, it's good to know other people can create plugins and get into the game as well.

Tom has confirmed he's working on a package manager too. These are exciting times!

There's potential for SimpleFeatures gui to become the default unRAID gui. My plugin may exist no more! Therefore, it's good to know other people can create plugins and get into the game as well.

Tom has confirmed he's working on a package manager too. These are exciting times!

This is pretty cool.  Good to see unRAID growing from within the community.  @speeding_ant very cool stuff with SF. I have yet to install it but I just got through reading the entire thread. My task for the weekend is to install it on my server.  Looking forward to exploring. we'll provide feedback.

J

found a minor bug

The footer indicating "Array Started" on the iPhone in landscape does not stay at the bottom of the page when you scroll down.  It ends up in the middle of the page.  I'll attach some screenshots a little later.

J

edit: attached screenshots

image-4.png.98d43ba53f76132c5a62cd063eb2cb77.png

image-5.png.87b41791b8da79dc59ba96c2770cfbae.png

A display bug, due to latest webGUI I think? You have to check a button to enable the Reboot button (I believe one more too, just can't recall), yet the button is still green while "disabled" -- not sure if there's a CSS class tied to the button while it's disabled, but maybe it could be greyed out, or made some other color than the rest of the "enabled" buttons?

EDIT: Fixed this. It was Adblock Plus for anyone who also experiences this. Thanks for this amazing GUI.

Just installed this. Running beta9. Something definitely isn't right here.

Installed to Flash drive:

/packages/simpleFeatures-0.7-unraid-speeding_ant.tgz

In 'go' script:

installpkg /boot/packages/simpleFeatures-0.7-unraid-speeding_ant.tgz

Browser:

Firefox v5.0 (Latest)

12125360.th.jpg

33418434.th.jpg

Hello!

Just registered to thank you for your amazing work.

unRAID now finally looks nice :-)

And to help you out a bit, in 5beta10 the stats page is a bit messed up on my testing system:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/97/unraidstats.jpg/

Edit: Only happens if there are just the parity and one data disks. After I added more, it looks fine again :-)

Actually in middle of setting up server, saw this bug so I'll try and fix it!

Cheers

• Squid locked this topic