"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i go to the Email Notifications Page there are alot of "+" signs on the page and alto of options are not showing correctly. Any ideas? If i put a fresh copy of the unraid_notify.cfg in the /boot/config directory it looks correct again. As soon as i click on submit on the email notification page after changing any settings it takes me to a blank page. When i click the back button on my browser and then refresh the + signs are there again.

2z9aziq.jpg

30wpnbq.jpg

When i go to the Email Notifications Page there are alot of "+" signs on the page and alto of options are not showing correctly. Any ideas? If i put a fresh copy of the unraid_notify.cfg in the /boot/config directory it looks correct again. As soon as i click on submit on the email notification page after changing any settings it takes me to a blank page. When i click the back button on my browser and then refresh the + signs are there again.

What web browser are you using exactly? I have had varies things like this using IE8 with the last few SF versions.

Speeding_ant thank you very much for this wonderful piece of work  :)

Once in use you really don't want to switch back to the 'stock' unraid GUI.

Having said that, I made a couple of changes and additions to your version, which you may want to consider into incorporating in future releases.

• Extended the page and table width from 960px to 1200px
  • Inserted a new column called Used
  • Added a Totals row at the end of table
  • Adjusted the precision of the disk information for easier reading
  • Adjusted the display of reads/writes/errors to include 'thousand' separators
  • Reduced the row space for more condensed reading
  • Added a server uptime status, updates in real-time using javascript
  • Added a Registered to line, showing the owner's name

Note (7-Aug-2011 20:00 CET):

I made some small changes: the totals are now given before "flash" and buttons are a little decreased in size.

Note (7-Aug-2011 21:30 CET):

- Added "red" color to inactive (disabled) buttons

- Corrected a small bug (exists in original DiskStatus.php) - unassigned disk names are not correctly displayed when array is stopped

- Corrected a small bug (exists in original template.css) - button color is blue (not green) using Internet Explorer

Note (8-Aug-2011 22:00 CET):

- Refined colors of the buttons (3D effect)

- Display IP address next to host name

Note (11-Aug-2011 22:30 CET):

- Introduced table auto-scaling (960 to 1200) depending on screen resolution

- Totals are now only given for active array

- Some CSS corrections & improvements

Download the zip file again - if needed!

Modifications are performed in the following files (you can download here a zip file)

• DiskStatus.php
  • template.php
  • template.css

An example of the 'revised' look is given below:

Hi bonienl,

Thanks for the thought gone into your contributions. I will include some of the CSS changes to the SimpleFeatures gui.

However, eventually all my webGui will contain is some includes for jQuery and the CSS changes. The reason for this is that Tom seems to change each of those PHP and template files at will, which as you'd imagine means constant updates to this plugin. It also means backwards compatibility problems...

You are more than welcome to create your own plugin that will change certain aspects of the DiskStatus.php file, and any other file you want :)  This is exactly what unRAID needs.

Just beware, I've been suggesting to Tom better ways of laying out information to make it more flexible for plugin developers..  They are not on the priority list, and as said before, constant maintenance isn't on mine either.

Cheers!

Hi Speeding_ant,

I hope my small contribution can help you in further improving your already great plugin, it is not really my intention to start a fork  ;)

I have seen the changes between different beta versions and for sure it is difficult to keep up, especially none of this is documented and only self investigation is a solution. Either a stable release has few to none code changes here (wishful thinking) or a code independent way needs to be introduced, as you suggest.

Let's wait and see what the future brings..

Meanwhile, perhaps you want to correct the two small bugs I came across.

DiskStatus.php

Change

if (strstr($disk['status'], "_NP")):
  $link = "my_disk($disk[name])";

To

if (strstr($disk['status'], "_NP")):
  $link = my_disk($disk[name]);

template.css

Change

input:hover[type=submit], input:hover[type=reset], input:hover[type=button], button:hover[type=button] {
background-color: #3C8DDE;

To

input:hover[type=submit], input:hover[type=reset], input:hover[type=button], button:hover[type=button] {
background-color: #6FA239;

Feel free for my other suggestions. Keep up the good work!

BonieNL

I just LOVE this plugin, it should replace the default interface in the unRaid distribution, looks clean and simple, but has a LOT of the so needed functions & looks.

But what is with all the +es in the notify page & config file?

When I install it, it looks fine, but when I hit the 'Submit' button it changes from this:

[Email]
#TITLE: SMTP Server
SmtpServer = "smtp.mailserver.com"
#TITLE: SMTP Port
SmtpServerPort = 465
#TITLE: Username
#COMMENT: Username - Usually first part of email address
Username = "[email protected]"
#TITLE: Password
#COMMENT: Password you use for email account
Password = "password"
#TITLE: Use SSL
#COMMENT: Use SSL when communicating with smtp server
UseSSL = True
#TITLE: Email Notification Subject
Subject = "unRAID Status"

to this:

[Email]
#TITLE: SMTP+Server
SmtpServer = smtp.mailserver.com
#TITLE: SMTP+Port
SmtpServerPort = 465
#TITLE: Username
#COMMENT: Username+-+Usually+first+part+of+email+address
Username = [email protected]
#TITLE: Password
#COMMENT: Password+you+use+for+email+account
Password = password
#TITLE: Use+SSL
#COMMENT: Use+SSL+when+communicating+with+smtp+server
UseSSL = True
#TITLE: Email+Notification+Subject
Subject = unRAID+Status

It changes the titles in the webinterface also to the title in the config file (SMTP+Server etc)

Maybe it is just me, I have a lot of extra packages installed, maybe they are the cause.

@bonienl:

Great addition, just love uptime counters, but my name get's messed up in the 'registerd to' part.

No it was Chrome playing tricks on me.

Known bug of current version. Will be fixed in next release, with a new backend for mail notifications.

Cheers

Great! Saves me some troubleshooting ;)

Oh btw, I just looked inside your tgz file: remove the added hidden Apple files (._bashmail / ._DiskStats.page / .DS_Store etc)

Known bug of current version. Will be fixed in next release, with a new backend for mail notifications.

Cheers

Great! Saves me some troubleshooting ;)

Oh btw, I just looked inside your tgz file: remove the added hidden Apple files (._bashmail / ._DiskStats.page / .DS_Store etc)

Removing those files is built into my build script now. Cheers :)

speeding_ant

Never properly thanked you for this amazing skin!

I know we spoke about the unraid notify not working in the Beta 10 thread but I wanted to bring it up here as well.  I'm not getting ANY email from unRAID anymore.  Not sure what changed but the last email I remember getting was 3 weeks ago.  Is there a new unRAID notify script you could post that fixes things?  Is there an unraid_notify log somewhere I can parse to see what's up?  I'm stumped.  I miss my email notifications especially the ones regarding power outages.  Thanks man!

• 2 weeks later...

LOVE the interface - installed it yesterday! ;D

BUT - used unMenu to install Simple Features Plugin by placing  "webGUI_and_simplefeatures-unmenu-package.conf" into Packages on Flash and rebooting.

Works great but only seems to give me version 0.3 of Simple Features … and so no modal for System Information! ???

Very much a novice re tweaking scripts etc so would really prefer to use unMenu to install this

Any advice on availability of a unMenu installer for version 0.7? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

DaveK

unMENU has a dyndns updater feature, but I like this interface a lot more.  Is there a way for me to add a DynDNS IP Updater to this interface?  Perhaps as a utility similar to how the Plex Media Server was added?

I would really like to have my unRAID server keep my IP up to date since it's always on and will never leave my home.

Thanks!

• Squid locked this topic