"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

I haven't tested SimpleFeatures on the new unRAID yet. Will be doing that tomorrow, so in mean time my suggestion is not to use it.

There are changes made into the template file, which needs to be edited by me and then bought into SimpleFeatures again.

Understood, I was just poking around and passed back what I ran into...  BTW that problem is fixed in 5.0beta8c

Actually fixed in 8b, and you jumped the gun on speeding_ant, always test plain vanilla first. You posted in both posts about the same problem and it had nothing to do with SF plugin. Just sayin...

Wow...   ???

Yes, I skipped from A to C.  Skipped B since it came out while I was sleeping and then at work.

Yes, after I posted the first post, I noticed on the main tab that it was showing hyphens also, but by then had seen speeding_ants post about suggesting not to use it, and didn't post anything further.  My SECOND post was just sayin that I was passing feedback and that it was fixed in the version I moved to next.  I fixed that post for ya.  :-[

I don't consider passing back info on what SF was or is showing, even though the problem was unraid itself, jumping the gun.  Kinda hard to test something "plain vanilla" that doesn't exist "plain vanilla".  There is no stats page in vanilla to test. 

As always speeding_ant, great plugin, thank you very much.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone had issues using this with google chrome? it looks the way it should in safari, but in chrome i get a blue background and objects arnt where they should be

Blue background where? I use Chrome.

I haven't updated to the latest unRAID beta yet, but this looks great. One suggestion for the System Profiler, is to use the "display:block" on the left-nav links like you did for the menu bar links, too!

(The System Profiler is the one place I see the blue background for the active hardware info link.)

speeding_ant: off-topic, but could you host a MediaInfo package for unRAID? It's a small tar meant to be dropped into the "extra" directory for auto-install (haven't created a .conf for package manager installation yet, if I do at all) but don't want to create a Google code project for it (especially since I didn't compile it from source and will not be maintaing the source repo, etc) -- I just created the directory structure and set some soft link commands in the "doinst.sh" file.

Release 0.7

Bug Fixes:

Fixed compatibility with unRAID 5.0-beta8d

Requirements:

Now requires unRAID 5.0-beta8d

My only suggestion regarding the above is that you might want to keep the 0.6 version up on your googlecode site for people do download and install manually if they like.  I am still running a very old 0.3 version on my 5.0b6a production machine.

Hey Madburg,

Nope - going to release it all with SSMTP at the same time. I haven't had a chance to test anything yet. Tom changed enough in the last beta to warrant a new release to get compatibility back.

Cheers for your hard work so far, I really appreciate it.

Updated unmenu_conf, and added link to previous installer on main page.

speeding_ant, all seems fixed right now, thanks a lot. Exploring the package I've found that a lot of the files have wrong permissions and a lot of OSX metafiles exists. Here I used this little script to fix those things, maybe you can use it to clean the package before release it. I extracted the package to "/simple", and then run the following:

find /simple \( -iname "._*" -o -iname ".DS_Store" \) -exec rm '{}' \;
find /simple -type d -exec chmod 755 '{}' \; -exec chown root:root '{}' \;
find /simple -type f -exec chmod 644 '{}' \; -exec chown root:root '{}' \;
chmod 755 ./install/doinst.sh ./usr/bin/* ./usr/sbin/*

Then used "makepkg" utility to make another package.

gfjardim: that in reference to the simpleFeatures package? Share that with speeding_ant so he can re-post it on his page.

Yes, this is about fixing some metadata, permissions and ownership that OSX messes up.

#!/bin/bash

URL="http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/simpleFeatures-0.7-unraid-speeding_ant.tgz"

# Make the temp directory
[ -e "/simple" ] && rm -rf /simple
mkdir /simple
cd /simple

#Download and extract the file
wget $URL
explodepkg `basename $URL`
rm `basename $URL`

# Remove metadata files and fix permissions and ownership

# Make the new package
makepkg /boot/extra/`basename $URL`

# Clean the temp directory
rm -rf /simple

Nice one - Something I overlooked! I figured copying something over SMB would nullify permissions, but presumably they need to be set for the package?

Anyway, appreciate it. Will sort that out in the next version, along with some more bug fixes and hopefully SSMTP!

Madburg, how are you going with SSMTP setup? I'll get work sorted on the conf file editing today.

Cheers

gfjardim: that in reference to the simpleFeatures package? Share that with speeding_ant so he can re-post it on his page.

Yes, this is about fixing some metadata, permissions and ownership that OSX messes up.

#!/bin/bash

URL="http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/simpleFeatures-0.7-unraid-speeding_ant.tgz"

# Make the temp directory
[ -e "/simple" ] && rm -rf /simple
mkdir /simple
cd /simple

#Download and extract the file
wget $URL
explodepkg `basename $URL`
rm `basename $URL`

# Remove metadata files and fix permissions and ownership

# Make the new package
makepkg /boot/extra/`basename $URL`

# Clean the temp directory
rm -rf /simple

On the line makepkg, I get the following:

root@Tower:/simple# makepkg /boot/extra/`basename $URL`

Slackware package maker, version 3.14159.

Searching for symbolic links:

No symbolic links were found, so we won't make an installation script.

You can make your own later in ./install/doinst.sh and rebuild the

package if you like.

This next step is optional - you can set the directories in your package

to some sane permissions. If any of the directories in your package have

special permissions, then DO NOT reset them here!

Would you like to reset all directory permissions to 755 (drwxr-xr-x) and

directory ownerships to root.root ([y]es, [n]o)?

Any idea why? and how should i answer it?

I thought your previous lines set the perms?

Nice one - Something I overlooked! I figured copying something over SMB would nullify permissions, but presumably they need to be set for the package?

Anyway, appreciate it. Will sort that out in the next version, along with some more bug fixes and hopefully SSMTP!

Madburg, how are you going with SSMTP setup? I'll get work sorted on the conf file editing today.

Cheers

Trying, got alot going on... Talk soon. Cheers.

With SF, has anyone tried to set the critical disk temp to a low number (32c, 34c, etc...) and test that it actually issued the "powerdown" command and shutdown unRAID successfully? If this could quickly be tried by a few people that would be great. Please state 5.0 Beta version and SF version your running.

Also in the unraid_notify script the following comment and its code, I dont believe hold true any more (and a bit troubling to me):

# Changes: [2.10] 09-18-2008, (unRAID user: brainbone):

# - Added "SpinDownTime" in unraind_notify.cfg

# - unraid_notify will now monitor disk activity using vmstat -d

#  and spin down disks after n min. of inactivity.

This is needed because the default mechanism unRAID uses for

spins down is defeated by the way unraid_notify scans for

disk status

A 'hdparm -C' to see if a drive is spun down or not would not defeat/affect unRAID spind down timer when no drive activity detected. In my tests even a smartctrl commands that spun up a drive to get what was requested, once finished, unRAID immediatley spun the drive right back down.

I feel the code is troubling because it creates it own mechanism to track drive activity and hard code a 60 min timer (no activity) how many people know this? and what if you have other unRAID settings set and spin down groups. what if this code causes issuse with overlaps with what unRAID is doing and this code is doing (that cannot be seen in the background)...

As a note - I didn't actually include the Powerdown script in the SimpleFeatures package. That would probably stop it from working in most situations.

;D

I am not sure why it would be needed, as stock unRAID 5.0 beta's at the very least has the command 'powerdown' which is the default command your providing in SF, I typed it in a terminal session (stock unraid NO add-on what so ever) it powers down. Per comment section, just like as if the user clicked "Power down" in the webGUI.

I set my critical temp to 34C, two drive hit 35c alert came in via email, server never shutdown (seems to not be issuing the command, but the code is there in unraid_notify:

sCriticalDiskCommand="$(get_param $sConfigFile Options CriticalDiskCommand)"

# Disk is getting way too hot. Execute specified command after sending error
then
bExecCriticalCommand="True"
sCriticalMsg=" Critical"
fi

# Were we instructed to execute a critical disk overheat command?
if [ "$bExecCriticalCommand" = "True" ]
then
eval $sCriticalDiskCommand
fi

• Squid locked this topic