"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

Ant,

Next I go to Notification screen and push the test and immediately receive an email with Subject only. 

I figure this one out...  It is a problem withe unraid_notify script.   I added an additional \n after subject on output creation and all is good now.

Thanks jdog,

When you are sending the test, are you filling out both of the recipient fields, or just the error recipient? Still trying to figure out if it's worth persevering with unraid_notify, or if I should find another notification script.

Cheers!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing wrong or missing.

The "Undefined index" messages are a PHP warning so say that the particular entry was not existing before, it is created afterwards.

The "Undefined contant" messages occur because the 'index' NAME is not enclosed in single or double quotes, but PHP is making the correct assumption here for proper execution.

OK, is there any way of suppressing these messages on the console then ?

You can simply copy the file "simpleFeatures-0.7-unraid.tgz" to the directory "/boot/extra" and Unraid will automatically install the package upon reboot.

Maybe speeding_ant can update the initial post with the install instructions to make this a little more clear? Took me a while to find this info in this very long thread....

Great UI.. keep up the great work :)

whiteatom

Thanks speeding_ant! Sorry I have not had the time to get back to you on several items, but thanks for putting this together!

Guys remember this is the first cut over to an ssmtp client for SF so there will be some bugs and it will take sometime to work out as work comes first  ;)

Odd. And you don't get an email until you add a new line in the bash script?

Without changes, on three different setups, I'm receiving emails without issues. Spooky!

MTA is exchange 2007..  What are you testing with?

I always received the emails from unraid_notify.. Just no body.. Subject only..

I'm trying out the new beta.  I will say that I can send a test email just fine from my 0.8 SF setup (could NOT do that previously!) but the reports are never sent on the schedule.  I checked my config and the only thing that would prevent them from being sent is if all disks are spun down but that's not the case.  

EDIT

Looks like a reboot was necessary for the schedule to kick in.  Thx again!

You may have installed the PHP package from within unMenu? From stock, unRAID uses a built in PHP run-time solution, which isn't particularly verbose.

I uninstalled unMenu and the errors stopped. Reinstalled unMenu and still error free.

I'll start re-installing the packahges and see which one triggers the issue, if any at all this time.

Damn, I gotta try out the new SSMTP, since I was one of the few who couldn't get the configuration to work for shit!

Does SF now include its own SSMTP/unraid_notify, or still using system apps?

SF, because of the help from Madburg, now includes a pre-compiled version of SSMTP, with the necessary gui to edit the conf files. unraid_notify is still there, with the idea that it will be replaced with something incredible. However, that won't happen for a while as I'm heading off tomorrow to holiday in Vietnam for a month  ;D

I installed V0.9b, then all the menu items were lined up on the left side. So I cleared the cache and everything looked as it should.

But after a reboot it looks like before (lined up on the left). So I cleared the cache again, and it looks like the stock UI.

So what am I doing wrong ?

I think I got it: On the Flash drive I created a folder "extra" and put there the tgz file. Read this at this post.

Can you please test the latest beta?

http://code.google.com/p/unraid-simplefeatures/downloads/detail?name=simpleFeatures-0.9b-unraid-speeding_ant.tgz&can=2&q=#makechanges

Fixes email notifications for some users

Fixes output of SMART Reports

Tweak of CSS for disabled buttons

Attempted fix for SSMTP without Auth

Installed the beta but haven't had a chance to test any of the new features

Hi,

I have been working on some additions to the excellent template of Simple Features. Perhaps some day these additions become part of the standard SF package or even may find a way into the regular unRAID GUI. For the moment however it is offered as a separate file, which includes the new GUI and additional tools minus the email part (I didn't want to create too much dependency on this new functionality which is still under development by speeding_ant).

Several visual enhancements are included, see the picture below for a first impression.

simpleFeatures.png

You'll notice I re-instated the original unRAID image at the top to have some affinity with the original interface :)

Here follows a more comprehensive list of the changes:

Version 09.b

Visual Changes

• Information frame is auto resizable, depending on screen resolution
  • Server uptime display with real-time updating
  • Registration information with name and date
  • 'Used' column
  • 'Total' row - display is user selectable
  • Spin up/down icon for individual drives - display is user selectable
  • Popup status indicator information, when moving over the icon
  • Possibility to display date and time in different format
  • Possibility to display numbers in different format
  • Possibility to display temperature in Celcius or Fahrenheit
  • Explicit confirmation of several commands - user selectable
  • Buttons have a 3D look
  • Title information has preceding icon
  • Two types of table display: normal or condensed
  • Parity check duration given as days-hours-minutes
  • More file types are 'recognized' in the browser function
  • Some other style and color improvements

Configuration

• 'Risky' commands can be explicitly confirmed
  • Page auto refresh timer (handy when doing a parity check for example)
  • Possibility to set a parity check schedule from the GUI
  • Uncommitted changes warning
  • Dropdown menus for included & excluded disk selection
  • Simplified mover schedule setup
  • Additional settings for the Disk Stats page

Corrections

• Consistent view of status indicators
  • Display of status messages at the bottom of the screen
  • Moved style coding out of PHP files into CSS files
  • Color of total bar on Disk Stats page matches utilization
  • Some other small bug fixes

Version 09.c

+ Stats page can toggle between display of disks and shares (click on the 'view' icons on top right for selection)

+ Simple Features version is mentioned next to the unRAID version

+ Added a little 'snow' twist to the unRAID image (disabled by default, go to display settings to enable it)

- Corrected a bug in the browse function, file sizes were not correctly displayed

Note 1: the "free" calculation of shares is based on the existence of the particular share on a disk. In other words it won't count disk space for those disks which do not have this share present. This is different from the unRAID calculation, given in the "User Shares" page.

Version 09.d

- Corrected division by zero error when file size is 0

- Corrected view for browser function (smaller line heights and fixed width)

- Corrected file modified date display in browser function

- Corrected none display of SF version

- Corrected bug in system profiler display

* Moved style coding from PHP to CSS file

* Revised the view of automatic number display

+ Added "number alignment" setting (left, center or right)

+ Info window has real-time update of server uptime

+ Added icons in disk stats display

+ Some internal code optimizations

Version 09.e

- Corrected bug in display of parity-check progress

Version 09.f

- Corrected ratio calculation between total array size and parity size

- Corrected display of "snow" on Share Settings page

- Corrected 'notice' display of UserEdit page

+ Added display of duration and average speed for last successful parity-check

+ Added menu for cache_dirs

+ Added menu for s3_sleep

* Improved "uncommitted changes" warning to work dynamically (including newly added pages)

These extensions needed additional settings, which can be found on the settings page.

settingsPage.png

Now this all sounds great and fabulous, but some of these modifications are done on the original unRAID files, with the risk that future unRAID changes may invalidate my modifications. In other words there is more dependency on the unRAID version itself. You have been warned !

This package requires unRAID version 5-beta10 or higher (currently B12a).

You can copy this file version 0.9f to the folder "/boot/extra" and upon a reboot of unRAID it will be automatically installed (recommended). Alternatively the file can be installed as explained in the OP.

Note that some changes are based on my own preferences, you may like it or not...

This package is not a replacement of the original Simple Features package, made by Speeding_Ant. As said in the beginning - it might be that some or all of these extensions will appear in the official version. Meanwhile enjoy this package  :D

BonieNL

• Squid locked this topic