"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

Just installed this today, and really like it! However the stats page is missing two very important stats. I believe it should show the temperature of each drive as well as the status of being spun up or not.

A stats page is not complete without those two stats

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got an error today when I started a parity check

1- size of arrays is not showing properly

2 - error at end of page

Somehow you've got a mix between the original SF version and the modified version. If you like to use the original version then make sure the package is stored in /boot/extra and reboot your system to get a clean start.

First of all, thanks or this great skin (if that's the right term for this). I have a suggestion and a question.

Suggestion:

Would it be possible to remove some of the gaps? Right now your skin is about 2-3x longer than the stock skin. My 22 drive system takes up 2 full HTML pages on 1920x1080 while on the stock one it can be viewed on one page. After browsing through the page I see many gaps that could be reduced, and the skin would still look great. That is really my only complaint, and maybe font size being too big (to further reduce the page length). This is really the only thing that I would change with the skin.

Question:

Any ETA for 9.0? I'm having no issues with 9.0b but I really don't like using betas when I don't have too. Call me paranoid. ;)

First of all, thanks or this great skin (if that's the right term for this). I have a suggestion and a question.

Suggestion:

Would it be possible to remove some of the gaps? Right now your skin is about 2-3x longer than the stock skin. My 22 drive system takes up 2 full HTML pages on 1920x1080 while on the stock one it can be viewed on one page. After browsing through the page I see many gaps that could be reduced, and the skin would still look great. That is really my only complaint, and maybe font size being too big (to further reduce the page length). This is really the only thing that I would change with the skin.

Question:

Any ETA for 9.0? I'm having no issues with 9.0b but I really don't like using betas when I don't have too. Call me paranoid. ;)

You could just zoom out one or two levels. That's what I do.

Suggestion:

Question:

You could just zoom out one or two levels. That's what I do.

Firefox won't remember it for some reason, have to do it everytime. I know that isn't normal so i'll look into it. I feel if you agree that it's too large, then others probably do too. Zooming out is kind of a hotfix and hopefully it gets adjusted for 9.0 or 10.0. :)

When installing a new 500GB Hitachi drive to Disk 5, i click >Yes i want to do this, and i can't get it to go any further, the whole WebGUI just freezes and won't let me interact with it at all. It doesn't format the drive, or start the array either. What can i do to fix this?

Got the built-in SSMTP working well, but now I'm running into a new problem... 

Has anyone ever had an issue editing the various text boxes within plugin configs?  I can't change any variables other than the yes/no dropdowns for either the Plex or APC USB Daemon plugins.  Works fine for built-in config, such as SSMTP and Notification emails.  Using v0.9b.  Permissions issue, perhaps?  Same results in Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.

I have a problem for a couple of days... I recently upgraded to b13, everything was fine. I then downgraded to b12a. Now the interface is inbetween unRAID and Simple Features... I tried reinstalling the package but it's the same.

Have a look at the screenshot I attached.

sf.png.7c6a2c6a1f56c04a535e7df2ec7bc1bb.png

I have a problem for a couple of days... I recently upgraded to b13, everything was fine. I then downgraded to b12a. Now the interface is inbetween unRAID and Simple Features... I tried reinstalling the package but it's the same.

That is your browser trying to help you out.

Hold the shift button on your keyboard and then hit the browser refresh button.  Might have to do it a couple of times.

Hold the shift button on your keyboard and then hit the browser refresh button.  Might have to do it a couple of times.

Somehow it's fixed now. I don't know how much time the plugin needs in order to start properly but after some time, it was displayed properly. Thanks.

Somehow it's fixed now. I don't know how much time the plugin needs in order to start properly but after some time, it was displayed properly. Thanks.

It has nothing to do with the plugin and how much time it takes to "load".  Your browser was trying to speed things up and make some assumptions about how the page was supposed to look.  It then mashed the old unRAID webGUI and the SimpleFeatures webGUI together to produce what you saw.

A couple shift+Refresh clicks will usually clear the browser cache and force it to render anew.

Suggestion:

I second this request.

I'm new to Unraid, after spending considerable time with FreeNAS (and Windows servers).  I really like the simple features web GUI, stats, and email features, but am having some problems.

When I restart the server, simple features is gone, like it was never installed.  Everything reverts back to the normal GUI, and the other features are missing.  I have to re-run the install from the console to get them back.  Once I run the install, I get access denied from my shares - until I restart the server.  Maybe I overlooked something simple here?

Unraid 5.0b13. 

Maybe I overlooked something simple here?

From the first post in this thread:

Place the simpleFeatures-0.8-unraid-speeding_ant.tgz in your preferred directory for packages.

Modify the following line to represent the directory you placed it in. /boot is your flash drive, then place into your go script, preferably after the emhttp entry:

installpkg /boot/*path to*/simpleFeatures-0.8-unraid-speeding_ant.tgz

Reboot - and you should see the new features in your webGui!

This is my go file

#!/bin/bash

# Start the Management Utility

/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

installpkg /boot/packages/simpleFeatures-0.9b-unraid-speeding_ant.tgz

/boot/unmenu/uu

cd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort | xargs -n1 sh -c

Edit your go file from within unmenu or use a Linux aware text editor (Line Feeds) I use EditPad Lite.

Hi,

I am using banienl's simpleFeatures-0.9g-unraid-adapted-by-bergware.tgz.

It looks like the "extra" menu settings won't get saved/displayed correct in the browser.

For example:

I am able to config the sleep function and the setting gets saved correctly to the go script etc.

BUT the browser displays the default (disabled) setting after hitting "apply".

• Squid locked this topic