"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

Hi All,

Sorry for the long wait, but hopefully we can start pushing for a final release! This project has been merged with Bergware's modified project. See first post for information on installation, and please post any issues you encounter.

Cheers  :D

1.0b1 - Improvements: Merged project with modifications from Bergware. Gui is customizable thanks to his good work. Updated gui to match original project theme.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Sorry for the long wait, but hopefully we can start pushing for a final release! This project has been merged with Bergware's modified project. See first post for information on installation, and please post any issues you encounter.

1.0b1 - Improvements: Merged project with modifications from Bergware. Gui is customizable thanks to his good work. Updated gui to match original project theme.

thanks alot for all your work..

Hi All,

Nice.... !!

I've been loading both yours & Bergwares packages from the go file to get all the features...

This is much better "more gooder" ;)

I just dropped this one in the extra folder... works great!! 8)

Thanks for all your hard work...

I may have hit my first snag...

I am trying out the Scheduler in the Settings tab.  I select Weekly, Sunday @ 00:00 and hit Apply.  It thinks for a moment, the red text at the botom goes away once the page refreshed but the Scheduled Parity Check reverted to Disabled.

Nothing is being written to the log file also.

John

Hey SA...quick question on the Main page...

Should the "Array of ## protected disks" include the cache or parity disk?  The reason I ask is that I have 5 data disks in my array (I don't consider the parity or cache disk as "protected" but the status is showing that I have 6 protected disks (see screenshot below).

protected.jpg

Obviously a VERY minor issue...if it is even an issue at all.

John

Looks like simplefeatures crashed on me. I went to the Stats page and got a nice view of how my Disks were filled, then I clicked the small shares button in the upper right. I hoped to see how the different shares were filled but the screen remained blank. The whole interface is very unresponsive for abt. 10 mins. In that time I can click all the buttons at the top of the screen but nothing happens. After that time it seems to work again but when I click Stats it all happens again.

Thanks for the feedback and testing y'all. I'll have to admit I put all this together in a couple of hours, I didn't test the bergware additions.

The shares button isn't crashing, it's calculating the total used which could take a very long time. I'll look into this.

I'll checkout scheduler and array totals top.

Cheers!

Hey SA...quick question on the Main page...

Should the "Array of ## protected disks" include the cache or parity disk?  The reason I ask is that I have 5 data disks in my array (I don't consider the parity or cache disk as "protected" but the status is showing that I have 6 protected disks (see screenshot below).

Wouldn't the parity disk be considered part of the protected array due to it being able to be rebuilt if it fails?

Is anyone else having issues with the menu not displaying correctly in the latest version of Chrome with 1.0b1? I have tried restarting multiple times, clearing the cache, etc, but it still seems to have problems. It's fine in Firefox and Internet Explorer.

image.jpg

I may have hit my first snag...

I am trying out the Scheduler in the Settings tab.  I select Weekly, Sunday @ 00:00 and hit Apply.  It thinks for a moment, the red text at the botom goes away once the page refreshed but the Scheduled Parity Check reverted to Disabled.

Nothing is being written to the log file also.

John

I have the same problem.  I tried both IE and Firefox...

Speeding_Ant nice job done, I like your 'refinements'  :)

The "scheduler" settings and also the "sleep mode" settings are working but not properly displayed.

This is happening because the the "ini" file whichs stores the settings has a wrong setting (affects "scheduler") and a missing entry (affects "sleep mode").

If you want to correct this manually then follow the instructions below:

1. Easiest is to use "mc" and navigate to the directory '/var/local/emhttp'

2. Open the file 'ultra.ini' for editing (function key F4)

3. Change the line [check] into [parity]

4. Insert a new line below the setting [s3sleep]

5. Enter on this new line: s3="0"

This is an error also existing in the Bergware modification ("my fault").

@Speeding_Ant: you need to update the "doinst.sh" file for creating the correct default values

Obviously a VERY minor issue...if it is even an issue at all.

Unraid counts the array as data disks plus parity disk included.

Though the parity disk doesn't hold 'real' data, it is protected in the sense that its contents can be reconstructed similar as the data disks.

New version release! Thanks for all the people who use SimpleFeatures, and thanks for providing feedback!

1.0b2 - Improvements: Added the beginnings of notification system. Revamped user list page

Bug Fixes: Removed preference icons for shares/disk stats, as they didn't do anything. Fixed scheduler settings, thanks Bergware! Fixed menu CSS.

• Squid locked this topic