"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

I just tested my server, and I can force it to sleep.  I used a batch file to wake it an all seems well.

I set some parameters for auto-sleep, and originally set it to sleep after 10 minutes.  I then decided to set it for 2 minutes, so I could test it, and I noticed that my changes saved, but it still says "Disabled"

I can't get it to "Enable".  it will save changes, but not that.  Is that a bug/typo, or am I missing something?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just built my unRAID server and installed SimpleFeatures but it is not looking at all like the pictures.

Contents of my "go" file:

#!/bin/bash
# Start the Management Utility
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &
installpkg /boot/packages/simpleFeatures-0.9b-unraid-speeding_ant.tgz
boot/unmenu/uu

cd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort | xargs -n1 sh -c 

Obviously, the file exists at the specified location. Here is a screenshot of what my UI looks like.

Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks

unRAID.PNG.009082cda9d11a94cf1172ea97c7eecb.PNG

I just built my unRAID server and installed SimpleFeatures but it is not looking at all like the pictures.

Clear the cache of your browser and reload the page, that should do the trick...

Not for me  ;)

For me is this the issue....  ;)  see attached image. And I have cleared the cache several times.

//Peter

SkArmklipp.JPG.e9968fb273d90af362bee6934b85d686.JPG

What does your /boot/config/go file look like? And where did you copy the tgz file to on the flash drive?

Here is the what my go file looks like:

#!/bin/bash
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &
installpkg /boot/packages/simpleFeatures-0.9g-unraid-adapted-by-bergware.tgz
/boot/unmenu/uu

cd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort | xargs -n1 sh -c 

unraid_notify start

The .tgz file is in the packages folder.  I had originally put the 'simpleFeatures-0.9g-unraid-adapted-by-bergware.tgz' file in the extras folder but things were not working correctly.  I then moved it to the packages folder and added the line to install the package to the go file using the 'config view/edit option  in unMenu. 

Use one or the other of the SimpleFeatures packages but not both, they are not meant to complement each other.

For those who need email functionality, stick to the original package. If you want more customization for the GUI, use the adapted version.

To simplify installation, one can just copy the respective "tgz" file to the folder "/boot/extra". Unraid has a system built-in which reads this folder upon reboot and installs automatically any packages it finds there. Alternatively each package can be individually installed via the "go" file, personally I find the first approach much easier.

Delete the file "/boot/config/ultra.cfg" and re-install the package. See if that brings an improvement.

I tried that. Nothing changed. This is what my ultra.cfg file looks like now:

# Generated settings:
id="5"
#confirm]
down="1"
stop="1"
sleep="1"
warn="1"
#display]
time="%R"
date="%c"
unit="C"
scale="-1"
align="right"
view=""
total="1"
spin="1"
size="1"
snow="0"
sleepBtn="1"
banner="image"
refresh="0"
#stats]
status="0"
access="1"
critical="99"
warning="90"
table="Disks"
#check]
mode="3"
hour="0 0"
dotm="1"
month="1"
day="0"
cron="'0 0 1 * * /root/mdcmd check 1> /dev/null 2>&1'"
#cache]
cache="0"
wait="-w"
busy="-B"
suspend=""
shares=""
minimum="1"
maximum="10"
depth="9999"
exclude=""
include=""
other=""
#s3sleep]
checkHDD="-a"
checkTCP=""
timeout="30"
pingIP=""
stopDay=""
stopHour=""
dhcpRenew=""
forceGb=""

What does your /boot/config/go file look like? And where did you copy the tgz file to on the flash drive?

#!/bin/bash
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &
[color=blue]installpkg /boot/packages/simpleFeatures-0.9b-unraid-speeding_ant.tgz
installpkg /boot/packages/simpleFeatures-0.9g-unraid-adapted-by-bergware.tgz[/color]
/boot/unmenu/uu

unraid_notify start

The .tgz file is in the packages folder.  I had originally put the 'simpleFeatures-0.9g-unraid-adapted-by-bergware.tgz' file in the extras folder but things were not working correctly.  I then moved it to the packages folder and added the line to install the package to the go file using the 'config view/edit option  in unMenu.

is this necessary i thought 0.9g adapted contains all plus more ?

#!/bin/bash
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &
installpkg /boot/packages/simpleFeatures-0.9g-unraid-adapted-by-bergware.tgz
/boot/unmenu/uu

unraid_notify start

Use one or the other of the SimpleFeatures packages but not both, they are not meant to complement each other.

For those who need email functionality, stick to the original package. If you want more customization for the GUI, use the adapted version.

To simplify installation, one can just copy the respective "tgz" file to the folder "/boot/extra". Unraid has a system built-in which reads this folder upon reboot and installs automatically any packages it finds there. Alternatively each package can be individually installed via the "go" file, personally I find the first approach much easier.

You are correct regarding that either package will run by itself.  (I just tested to verify that fact for myself.)  I thank you for pointing that out to me as I am on a rather steep learning curve here. 

However, for whatever reason (including my stupidity),  the installation of BOTH packages results in all of the features working including the e-mail feature.  I am using Firefox 9.0.1 as my browser.  You might want to investigate this a bit further.  I also suspect that the order of installation might have an effect on how things work.  Using the go file guarantees the exact sequence.

I've always wanted these features implemented, but didn't really find anything simple enough for my needs. This is a plugin for the general user, who just want pretty (but functional) stuff, with none of the complexities.

Install Instructions:

Place the simpleFeatures-0.8-unraid-speeding_ant.tgz in your preferred directory for packages.

Modify the following line to represent the directory you placed it in. /boot is your flash drive, then place into your go script, preferably after the emhttp entry:

installpkg /boot/*path to*/simpleFeatures-0.8-unraid-speeding_ant.tgz

Reboot - and you should see the new features in your webGui!

Change Log:

Must these lines remain in the go-script after installation?

Delete the file "/boot/config/ultra.cfg" and re-install the package. See if that brings an improvement.

I tried that. Nothing changed. This is what my ultra.cfg file looks like now:

# Generated settings:
id="5"
#confirm]
down="1"
stop="1"
sleep="1"
warn="1"
#display]
time="%R"
date="%c"
unit="C"
scale="-1"
align="right"
view=""
total="1"
spin="1"
size="1"
snow="0"
sleepBtn="1"
banner="image"
refresh="0"
#stats]
status="0"
access="1"
critical="99"
warning="90"
table="Disks"
#check]
mode="3"
hour="0 0"
dotm="1"
month="1"
day="0"
cron="'0 0 1 * * /root/mdcmd check 1> /dev/null 2>&1'"
#cache]
cache="0"
wait="-w"
busy="-B"
suspend=""
shares=""
minimum="1"
maximum="10"
depth="9999"
exclude=""
include=""
other=""
#s3sleep]
checkHDD="-a"
checkTCP=""
timeout="30"
pingIP=""
stopDay=""
stopHour=""
dhcpRenew=""
forceGb=""

I must say though, that the schedule works. Only the web interface doesn't reflect the settings set for the parity check.

Hi all,

i ve a problem with sleep mode.

my config :

Gigabyte D525TUD, 2 go, 4 disks, unraid 5 beta11

when i click on sleep button in Simple features, the tower sleeps.

when i want to wake up , i use the command : wolcmd 1C6F65B7FEEE 192.168.1.20 255.255.255.0 from my pc.

the server powers on, but it 's not responding at all, there's nothing on the screen, and 2 lights blink on the keyboard (maj and fn).

i've tried to modify my syslinux.cfg like this : append initrd=bzroot acpi_sleep=s3_bios  but nothing new.

what's wrong ?

thx.

• Squid locked this topic