Automatic 'unrar' of files on UnRaid

pantner

Ok, so a lot of my downloads are now split into rar files...

When im on my notebook, its not really easy to unrar them (ie, over wireless) so i decided to do something about it and wondered if there was anyone else that would want it aswell.

I have installed the unrar package from unmenu.

I have a command-line telnet utility

and i wrote a VBS to send it commands

So, all i need to do is open the folder the rar file is in, and drag it onto a shortcut to the vbs file (also stored on unraid) on my desktop and it sends the unrar command via telnet to my unraid server.

Currently the script is setup for my use, but it wouldn't be hard to give it a preferences file so people can easilly set the way they want it to work, etc.

If there is a need/want for it, i will be happy to post it here.

Ok, so a lot of my downloads are now split into rar files...

When im on my notebook, its not really easy to unrar them (ie, over wireless) so i decided to do something about it and wondered if there was anyone else that would want it aswell.

I have installed the unrar package from unmenu.

I have a command-line telnet utility

and i wrote a VBS to send it commands

So, all i need to do is open the folder the rar file is in, and drag it onto a shortcut to the vbs file (also stored on unraid) on my desktop and it sends the unrar command via telnet to my unraid server.

Currently the script is setup for my use, but it wouldn't be hard to give it a preferences file so people can easilly set the way they want it to work, etc.

If there is a need/want for it, i will be happy to post it here.

Post it, I am sure someone will find a use for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

on a similar vein, I use a program called "TST10.exe" to do a clean power down of my unraid server which is initiated by my belkin UPS:

shutdowntower.bat

==============

C:\unraid-powerdown\TST10.exe /r:C:\unraid-powerdown\PowerdownScript.txt

PowerdownScript.txt

===============

tower

WAIT "login:"

SEND "root\m"

WAIT "Password:"

SEND "secret\m"

WAIT ":~#"

SEND "/sbin/powerdown\m"

WAIT "Broadcast message from root"                       

----

****(i think this last wait msg is changed now, need to double check but not important)****

This uses the Powerdown script from unmenu

TST10.exe sends commands by a telnet session

I was experimenting with the inotify-tools.

So what do you think of this.

You drop a file off on a specific share directory and the server unRARS or unZIP's anything you place in that directory?

Do you prefer drag -n- drop via telnet script or drag and drop to a directory and have a server script watching the directory for actions?

This was my quick-n-dirty test of concept.

It worked as a test. Copy a file to /tmp/zip directory and the file is unzipped in /tmp.

inotifywait -q -m -eclose_write -emoved_to --format "%w%f" /tmp/zip | while read FILENAME; 
do      cd /tmp
         echo unzip -jo "${FILENAME}"
done

Archived