Issues after new motherboard install

Hello everyone,

I posted a few weeks ago about finding a new motherboard for my unraid server.  I was able to find one and I installed it and hooked up all my old drives and a few that I have swapped out of our security system nvr at work.  Total of 12 drives + parity.  Needless to say I am having some issues.  First I had one drive, disk 1 that would not mount.  I figured no problem since parity was good last time I checked it. I removed it and started the server up again.   Now disk 1 is showing not installed.  I have 4 drives that I need to format and mount 1 as disk 1.   I included pics. I hope they help,

thanks in advance,

oscar

E8A1B361-CECD-45BE-B0B8-FF369BFE90C2.jpeg

27EE1861-D3AC-460D-9E30-76008E13AEB8.jpeg

622AE006-39AB-4AB4-B3F9-D305AF7BBE54.jpeg

2E7C6A66-42BC-48FB-9985-4CAC737DB519.jpeg

Jun  9 22:09:42 Tower kernel: ata3: softreset failed (timeout)
Jun  9 22:09:42 Tower kernel: ata3: reset failed, giving up
Jun  9 22:09:42 Tower kernel: ata3.00: disabled
Jun  9 22:10:57 Tower kernel: ata4: softreset failed (timeout)
Jun  9 22:10:57 Tower kernel: ata4: reset failed, giving up
Jun  9 22:10:57 Tower kernel: ata4.00: disabled

Disks 2 and 4 dropped offline, start by powering down, checking/replacing cables for both disks and post new diags after array start.

If possible I would also consider replacing that old PCI controller both disks are connected to, that's a very old and slow controller, and lets see if the disks dropping is caused by the controller itself.

4 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Controller is not being detected, also that's an old SAS1 LSI, it will be limited to 2TB disks.

That’s part of the problem. I guess I goof that one up.  Let me revisit the controller page posted and stick to exact recommendations. 

thanks again Jorge 

Ok guys.  I was able to get a new controller and I was able to get unraid up and running. I was able to get a replacement drive and run parity. Attached is the current diagnostic and it seems like all is good. 

one question, I want to run Plex. What do I need to do to run Plex..  I don’t see a docker listed on the menu. Pic attached. Let me know if I need to start a new thread for docker and Plex subject

1ABA2018-9A34-4330-92FB-7A8DC70DE261.png

tower-diagnostics-20220624-1820.zip

I would also strongly recommend getting fully migrated away from ReiserFS to XFS before you move to the next stage getting things running. You will need to systematically copy files off the ReiserFS drives onto your XFS drives, format the ReiserFS drives that you copied from to XFS to make room for the next batch of copies.

There is a whole thread dedicated to the different methods and techniques used for this.