Accidentally ran rm on root and reformatted usb without config

can4d

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In Main - Array Devices, assign your disks. Don't assign any disk to any parity slot since you don't know which disk is parity.

From that link given several times:

Option 1

Assign ALL drives as data drives.

Start the array

Make a note of the serial numbers of drives showing as unmountable as these are probably our parity drives.

After you start the array, post a screenshot of Main - Array Devices along with your diagnostics.

25 minutes ago, trurl said:

In Main - Array Devices, assign your disks. Don't assign any disk to any parity slot since you don't know which disk is parity.

From that link given several times:

After you start the array, post a screenshot of Main - Array Devices along with your diagnostics.

I am very worried now as it only shows 1 as parity. The instructions says I was to create a new config but it only shows "preserve current assignments" was I supposed to do that or just assign the all drives as data as I have now done?

Tower_Main_and_Accidentally_ran_rm_on_root_and_reformatted_usb_without_config_-_Page_3_-_General_Support_-_Unraid.png

I figured out that I have to create a new config after I start the array and its wrong. 

Any thoughts as to how to proceed? I suppose there is no way to understand pools and I will have to recreate shares?

If I add one of the Seagates as parity it will erase it but I will keep the data from the other one?

1 minute ago, trurl said:

That 500G unmountable disk can't be parity since it isn't large enough. Is it an SSD? Since that other 500G is btrfs, maybe they were both in a multidisk pool.

Are you sure you had any disk assigned as parity?

Attach diagnostics to your NEXT post in this thread.

I might have used it as a pool with the other 500. that makes sense to me. Yes I had parity drive for one of the 6TB. 

diagnostics is attached. 

tower-diagnostics-20230209-1410.zip

Just now, trurl said:

Not possible. Parity doesn't have a filesystem to mount. Both of those are data disks. Is there another disk you might have been using as parity?

I assure you I had parity, as it would run as scheduled with alert notifications. I am not sure what is going on. you can see both drives are exactly same with data. 

Should I shut the array off? I am afraid to install community applications and unassigned devices to see if I can get my original /boot/config that I believe I moved to it. Not really sure how to proceed at all. 

2 minutes ago, trurl said:

I can already see from diagnostics that each of your user shares are on both disks 1 and 2. So the mirror hypothesis is almost certainly correct.

the compute all is still computing. I believe I had a mirror and believe you to be correct (all foggy with all the stress) just not sure as to the specifics on how to best recreate. 

my array is still running. is this ok?

Looks like disk2 has a little more appdata than disk1, probably because docker is enabled. Might be a good idea to wait on getting parity assigned until we can get appdata off those disks and onto a pool where it should have been to begin with. domains and system should be on a pool too.

Still need to see the Compute... for those last 3 shares, especially system.