[Plugin] Tailscale

Just now, EDACerton said:

你能发布诊断吗?我经常使用 SSH。 

I reinstalled and tried again. Yesterday by chance, I found that my ssh service did not start, and the restart still failed. After I uninstalled the plugin, ssh returned to normal. I will reinstall tailscale today to try to reproduce this problem

14 minutes ago, EDACerton said:

I have a guess at what's happening... try going into the plugin settings, then make it save (set "Unraid services listen on Tailscale IP" to no and then back to yes and click apply). Wait about 2 minutes, then try again.

I tried this method without success, please communicate in github issus next

Updating for other folks that might see this discussion later: the SSH issue is caused by a problem in the Unraid network configuration scripts. I created a bug report for 6.12 to address that issue:

One potential workaround (as reported on the Github issue) is to disable IPv6 in your Unraid network settings. If you're encountering this problem, you're not getting a valid IPv6 address anyways, so disabling it shouldn't hurt anything.

Edited by EDACerton
  • Thanks 2

I am having issues after updating to 6.12.0.
I have three unRAID servers which I maintain via TailScale plugin.
I updated to the latest version of the TailScale plugin before updating to 6.12.0

Now I am unable to connect to the unRAID system I updated (not an issue as I can remote onto my father's iMac with screen sharing although not ideal).

I was able to check the Tails:cale status and look at the settings as shown below:

790994456_CleanShot2023-06-18at12_15_51.thumb.png.2bfb4c294d2c8cc0d0549867cb1ebf16.png

I am able able to see that the unRAID is connected to tailscale in my admin console:

1975537496_CleanShot2023-06-18at12_30_20.thumb.png.2550b224cdee7fc4b2731fd145fad420.png

Yet I am unable to enter the IP into Chrome to connect, receiving this message:

91726289_CleanShot2023-06-18at12_31_04.thumb.png.d5eedd93012e0e660204d040da4e8d1d.png

Never had an issue before.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, amp88759 said:

I am having issues after updating to 6.12.0.
I have three unRAID servers which I maintain via TailScale plugin.
I updated to the latest version of the TailScale plugin before updating to 6.12.0

Now I am unable to connect to the unRAID system I updated (not an issue as I can remote onto my father's iMac with screen sharing although not ideal).

I was able to check the Tails:cale status and look at the settings as shown below:

790994456_CleanShot2023-06-18at12_15_51.thumb.png.2bfb4c294d2c8cc0d0549867cb1ebf16.png

I am able able to see that the unRAID is connected to tailscale in my admin console:

1975537496_CleanShot2023-06-18at12_30_20.thumb.png.2550b224cdee7fc4b2731fd145fad420.png

Yet I am unable to enter the IP into Chrome to connect, receiving this message:

91726289_CleanShot2023-06-18at12_31_04.thumb.png.d5eedd93012e0e660204d040da4e8d1d.png

Never had an issue before.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, K1LLA_KING_KING said:

Same issue here, would like to know how to troubleshoot this...

Please post diagnostics.

I am likewise in this same place.  I just updated to 6.12; decided apparently stupidly to change both boxes to use the plugin Tailscale and not the Docker image.  

-I stopped the Docker image and turned off autostart, installed the plugin, authenticated, and bam.  Lost ALL connectivity to the boxes.  No local IP, no Tailscale IP, nothing.  MagicDNS name, nothing...  Both of them.  They are approved in Machine list, and I am connected.  But I seem hosed...  Listening in to how to resolve as there are active discussions on what is happening here....  I need to drag a monitor to the basement to get back to the command line...  less than impressed with whatever changed.  

1 minute ago, bmpreston said:

I am likewise in this same place.  I just updated to 6.12; decided apparently stupidly to change both boxes to use the plugin Tailscale and not the Docker image.  

-I stopped the Docker image and turned off autostart, installed the plugin, authenticated, and bam.  Lost ALL connectivity to the boxes.  No local IP, no Tailscale IP, nothing.  MagicDNS name, nothing...  Both of them.  They are approved in Machine list, and I am connected.  But I seem hosed...  Listening in to how to resolve as there are active discussions on what is happening here....  I need to drag a monitor to the basement to get back to the command line...  less than impressed with whatever changed.  

I can ping the Tailscale IP, I cannot ping the local IP, and I can ping the tailscale DNS name...  No browser box GUI access.  

I CAN see other Docker image servers.  Port 80 disappeared though...

11 minutes ago, amp88759 said:

Just to let you know I removed the plugin, rebooted and re-installed the plugin to no avail.

See the attached diagnostics.

unraid-diagnostics-20230618-1945.zip 139.41 kB · 0 downloads

Hope this might help someone:

When I installed Tailscale Plugin on 6.12.0 (and authenticating Tailscale); ALL GUI access died.  

Local IP died, I could ping Tailscale IP; could not access GUI with Tailscale IP.

What I did:

Logged into Tailscale admin console and deleted the machine forcing the box out of the Tailnet; THEN a simple reboot of the box.  That restored local IP access to the GUI.

I started Tailscale Docker back up, and following these instructions: 

Following these instructions, I edited the GO file and now Tailscale starts on boot, and Tailnet access on first boot.  

HTH Someone...  I gave up on the plugin and only did the plugin as I was told that the plugin fixes the Tailscale access on first boot.  

I'm also having the same problem as @Rocka374. I'm on Unraid 6.12.0. After setting up this plugin, I'm unable to access the Unraid web UI or SSH via the Tailscale IP. Access through the local IP still works. I have "Unraid services listen on Tailscale IP" set to "Yes". I tried changing it to "No" and back to "Yes" but it didn't help. My diagnostics are attached. Any assistance would be appreciated.

unraid-diagnostics-20230618-1702.zip

7 minutes ago, bdr9 said:

I'm also having the same problem as @Rocka374. I'm on Unraid 6.12.0. After setting up this plugin, I'm unable to access the Unraid web UI or SSH via the Tailscale IP. Access through the local IP still works. I have "Unraid services listen on Tailscale IP" set to "Yes". I tried changing it to "No" and back to "Yes" but it didn't help. My diagnostics are attached. Any assistance would be appreciated.

unraid-diagnostics-20230618-1702.zip 169.12 kB · 0 downloads

Usually this has something to do with “Accept routes” being turned on. I’ll look at your diagnostics when I get some time later tonight. 

4 hours ago, Rocka374 said:

Edited my previous post. You respond very fast :)

Also, I have this in the logs (in red)

Jun 18 19:13:14 vova tailscaled: 2023/06/18 19:13:14 health("overall"): error: not in map poll

That error is normal, it sounds scary but is generally harmless. I’ll check your diagnostics later tonight. 

5 minutes ago, EDACerton said:

Usually this has something to do with “Accept routes” being turned on. I’ll look at your diagnostics when I get some time later tonight. 

Thanks! By the way, I just tried turning off "accept routes", both in the plugin settings page in the web UI as well as by running "tailscale up --accept-routes=false", but unfortunately it didn't help.

4 hours ago, bdr9 said:

unraid-diagnostics-20230618-1702.zip 169.12 kB · 0 downloads

OK, I think I see what's happening here. I should have a fix for that out probably tomorrow evening, unless I end up being super productive tonight (always a possibility, but hard to predict :) ).

In the meantime, you can probably just add "tailscale1" to the extra interfaces section in the network settings, and it should start working.

Edit: Nope, turns out a simple mistake on my part, fix should be up within 30 minutes.

Edited by EDACerton