[Plugin] Tailscale

3 hours ago, jch said:

The main dashboard and settings page is still not loading for me using the Preview version. This is from a clean install where I deleted any Tailscale references from the /boot/config directory and rebooted.

image.thumb.png.a62b55f21f77edb425414a0d7d650ef2.png

Tower-tailscale-diag-20241020-175615.zip 321.63 kB · 1 download

I'm not quite sure what to make of your logs.

It looks like Tailscale isn't installing completely, but I can't tell why. The files all look like they're present, but the Tailscale services aren't actually starting.

What happens if you open up a console and run:

tailscale status

?

thanks, that was helpful guidance. looks like the tailscale service wasn't started. i cleaned out some of my "on array start" scripts and now it's installing properly so it's clearly something to do with one of my scripts interfering with the tailscale install sequence. nothing to do on your end, thanks for your continued maintenance on this plugin!

On 10/21/2024 at 8:58 AM, jch said:

The main dashboard and settings page is still not loading for me using the Preview version. This is from a clean install where I deleted any Tailscale references from the /boot/config directory and rebooted.

image.thumb.png.a62b55f21f77edb425414a0d7d650ef2.png

Tower-tailscale-diag-20241020-175615.zip 321.63 kB · 2 downloads

i have exactly the same problem. 

Would you please explain how you resolve this? 

23 hours ago, jch said:

thanks, that was helpful guidance. looks like the tailscale service wasn't started. i cleaned out some of my "on array start" scripts and now it's installing properly so it's clearly something to do with one of my scripts interfering with the tailscale install sequence. nothing to do on your end, thanks for your continued maintenance on this plugin!

sorted!!.

a start up script has impacted the installation or start up of Tailscale.

@EDACerton I think one of my "At Startup of Array" scripts was crashing out or misconfigured. It calls a custom `rc.service` script and inside that script i call `. /etc/rc.d/rc.library.source` but i was only including that because i copied other files in `rc.d`. i looked at that script and it looks like there's a lot of stuff in there so i opted to refactor my startup script to remove references to `rc.library.source`. haven't had an issue since i excluded it from my "At Startup of Array" scripts.

the original script is here: https://gist.github.com/jasperchan/2016270e2b4f6dfab9ca409a68b4ae8e 

Edited by jch

for the life of me I cannot seem to access the unraid gui through the ip given by the tailscale plugin. While I origionally had the docker container installd ive removed that container, deleted the tailscale folder in my appdata, restarted the server, removed the unraid server from my tailnet and re added when installing the plugin again. Currently running unraid 7 beta 4. Any guidence with my problem would be greatly appriecated. Log file is attached.

Artemis-tailscale-diag-20241023-011047.zip

21 hours ago, EDACerton said:

Do you know what startup script it was that did this? I’m curious to see what can interfere that way. 

Please see files attached.

I don't have knowledge to know what these files do. 

It is a script that set up to send unraid information to a display screen through wifi network. 

nvme-cli-1.16-x86_64-1.txz gcc-13.2.0-x86_64-1.txz glibc-2.39-x86_64-2.txz lm_sensors-3.6.0-x86_64-3.txz