[Plugin] Appdata.Backup

Forgive my stupidity, I'm pretty certain I've got a corrupt/dying flash drive that I need to replace. I've been using this plugin as my only flash backup, but I have over 10 backups I can revert to. My question is, how do I revert to a flash backup? I'm assuming it's a manual process but I couldn't find any documentation on the subject. The only stuff I found was on the official flash backup in unraid tools.

Getting 1 warning and 1 error that I can't figure out.

First the warning:

[20.10.2024 03:07:18][⚠️][PhotoPrism] PhotoPrism does not have any volume to back up! Skipping. Please consider ignoring this container.

But it does have a volume to back up?

image.thumb.png.202d254a9e21c54742ae317189553c3c.png

image.png.b27adef2d72dc2ff2077275408b47f3d.png

So I'm not sure why it's saying there isn't one.

Second the error:

[20.10.2024 03:07:18][][Krusader] 'binhex-shared' does NOT exist! Please check your mappings! Skipping it for now.

image.thumb.png.d107162936d4a8dc6bcc6c219b366264.png

There's no `binhex-shared` on my Krusader docker config either. So I'm not sure what it's referring to.

Edited by s449
12 minutes ago, s449 said:

But it does have a volume to back up?

It doesn't, 2 are recognized as external and backing up external volumes is not enabled. If the appdata one isn't meant to be external then it's because it directly refers to /mnt/cache instead of /mnt/user, you're missing /mnt/cache/appdata in the plugin's backup sources.

13 minutes ago, s449 said:

There's no `binhex-shared` on my Krusader docker config either.

It's probably hidden in "show more" in the docker template. You can set it to ignore.

Edited by Kilrah
On 10/18/2024 at 1:25 AM, 7eventy7 said:

Forgive my stupidity, I'm pretty certain I've got a corrupt/dying flash drive that I need to replace. I've been using this plugin as my only flash backup, but I have over 10 backups I can revert to. My question is, how do I revert to a flash backup? I'm assuming it's a manual process but I couldn't find any documentation on the subject. The only stuff I found was on the official flash backup in unraid tools.

Just extract the zip to the root of your flash drive. You could also use unraid's usb creator and give it the zip instead of choosing from a release.

On 10/21/2024 at 12:07 PM, Kilrah said:

It doesn't, 2 are recognized as external and backing up external volumes is not enabled. If the appdata one isn't meant to be external then it's because it directly refers to /mnt/cache instead of /mnt/user, you're missing /mnt/cache/appdata in the plugin's backup sources.

It's probably hidden in "show more" in the docker template. You can set it to ignore.

You're right! I just had /mnt/user/appdata/, so I added /mnt/cache/appdata/:
image.png.7a2a1d704b0df51e8bbcc807f11b5c3b.png

You're also right, binhex-shared was also hidden under "show more" in the docker compose. I just added it to the excluded list for Krusader:

image.png.3d626fddbaf39e98f32b9b72405fa6e6.png

I also just found another thread about this issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/unRAID/comments/1f0z4zl/backup_warning_for_binhexshared/

I'll have to wait for the next scheduled backup to test if this works but I'm optimistic this will solve these issues. Thank you so much for the help! :)

Edited by s449

I have a question on your plugin backup regarding appdata sources

image.thumb.png.7ca69f0781cbf909315a0b09262907ce.png

TO make htis work as a few backups had issues with volumes and missing data path I have moved off the array in beta 3 to zfs only and had to add this to my sources

/mnt/cache/appdata
/mnt/user/appdata
/mnt/user/Dockers
/mnt/vm-zfs/Dockers
/mnt/vm-zfs/Dockers/ClamAV
/mnt/vm-zfs/Dockers/FastAPI-DLS
/mnt/vm-zfs/Dockers/Grafana
/mnt/vm-zfs/Dockers/LocalAI
/mnt/vm-zfs/Dockers/MakeMKV
/mnt/vm-zfs/Dockers/MariaDB-Mysql
/mnt/vm-zfs/Dockers/netprobe_lite
/mnt/vm-zfs/Dockers/PBS
/mnt/vm-zfs/Dockers/PhotoPrism
/mnt/vm-zfs/Dockers/Plex
/mnt/vm-zfs/Dockers/SFTP

So when i run the backup manual its now grabs the voulmes. Great!

Except 2 dockers have large data volumes in teh backup i want it to backup its core runing files.

in example My plex media libary is 6 TB in size if not more, I want to skip the libary backup , but want ot backup the volume of my plex install, database , etc... 

example of that folder tree:
image.png.767159ce4b1f137aeeaffd7ab06746c4.png
I only want the plugin to grab and backup the appdata folder.
image.png.f5a98496a580c68084945ab7446d12f9.png

I also have something simlar for my photo prism docker where i want to keep the docker iamge contets and data but the actual data
image.png.b7b8cb27797315f45f342be34b9bd117.png

For Me, I rather use and acquire my plex media libary and Photo prism photo restored form a different method to speed up the backup and not have 6TB file for one item... The backup i want is the application settings and data that currently are running to function as the library can change and be updated, but library data can vary and change...

Is there a way to add a skip volume to the plugin path?
a wild card or another box to add a exclude volume?

mainly was looking for clarfication on how to use the exclusion list system. I think I have it working, now...

image.thumb.png.db8576f7406791a692ce2485b5583d38.png

my list to exclude:
/mnt/user/Dockers/Plex/Data
/mnt/user/Dockers/Plex/Data/Movies
/mnt/user/Dockers/Plex/Data/TV_Shows
"/mnt/user/Dockers/Plex/Data/Personal Family Home Videos"
/mnt/user/Dockers/PhotoPrism
/mnt/user/Dockers/PhotoPrism/import
/mnt/user/Dockers/PhotoPrism/originals
/mnt/user/Dockers/PhotoPrism/storage

image.png.f8d6f5fd95dabcfd3eb5c78b352d3212.png