[Support] Catduck Templates

Planning one Topic for all of my templates.

I use the Self [Support] selfhosters.net's Template Repository - Docker Containers - Unraid . I believe this also helps letting the community contribute verse creating more repos. 

Don't donate to me, donate to the devs who make the projects.

Mealie: Mealie is a self-hosted recipe manager and meal planner with a RestAPI backend and a reactive frontend application built in Vue for a pleasant user experience for the whole family

Currently this is NEW mealie Version 1. It will be updated to allow different branches (beta, nightly, stable) when they become available. 

Version 1 is a complete re-write. Please see from migrating from pre 1.0 Migrating to Mealie V1.

Application: Mealie - https://nightly.mealie.io/

GitHub: https://github.com/mealie-recipes/mealie I maintain a version of Mealie Docker App for Unraid. Feel free to find me in the mealie discord under @CatDuck

TeddyCloud: Is an alternative server for your Toniebox, allowing you to host the cloud services locally. This gives you the control about which data is sent to the original manufacturers cloud and allows you to host your own figurine audio files on e.g. your NAS or any other server.

See Project Here: Github

Support on telegram

Getting started on Toniebox (Import general read)

Official Documentation  (Currently the documentation is lacking, help is appreciated)

Edited by CatDuck
URL
  • Like 3

@Timoh94@Timoh94 you are very welcome! The current "omni" is only nightly, and especially for unraid it makes sense to have the one package. It is extremely stable and definitely usable every day. 

When additional versions come out I will update the CA template. So you will be able to just change "nightly" to "latest" or "beta" 

However they are fully compatible. You will have no issues changing versions on V1. The issue is version was was so different then version previous. 

For example I was using the beta for many months, I switched to my nightly image and it worked with no additional configuration. 

Maybe this was more than you wanted. I hope I explained myself. 

• Thanks 1
  • CatDuck changed the title to [Support] Catduck - Mealie V1

Installed Mealie and setup reverse proxy.  Going throught the site settings under configuration  and I have a red triangle that says:

Server Side Base URL

`BASE_URL` is still the default value on API Server. This will cause issues with notifications links generated on the server for emails, etc.

FYI Test email works and I did have to change the 9000 port which was already in use.  How can I fix this error?

1 hour ago, Gragorg said:

Installed Mealie and setup reverse proxy.  Going throught the site settings under configuration  and I have a red triangle that says:

Server Side Base URL

`BASE_URL` is still the default value on API Server. This will cause issues with notifications links generated on the server for emails, etc.

I had to add a variable in the mealie docker settings for BASE_URL with the url used to get to my instance. 

baseurl.thumb.jpg.e65a06b10b23bd7b353962b448fc4a10.jpg

Edited by Dent_
  • Thanks 1

The docker variable DEFAULT_EMAIL is your username.  (it says it will be your default username)

The password is "MyPassword". This is also at the top for instructions.

I doubt you will ever get anywhere close to that limit of 500 MB, however if you were getting close you could set up a separate Postgres database. If you are not over 10 users and filling that up, I would stay on SQlite

Edited by CatDuck
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm probably just missing something simple. I have mealie running version 0.5.6 with a couple hundred recipes on it. Is there a way to move those over to the new version? Like with a backup, which doesn't seem to work for me.

Thanks

Anyone else experiencing any issues with updates? I rolled over to this combined container not long after it launched, Unraid is now saying there is an update but every time I try to update it kills my entire server, to the point I have to hard shutdown and power back up.

Other containers are updating fine, so I'm at a loss.

18 minutes ago, CatDuck said:

I was as well, I switched right over. 

Probably a conflict of configurations with your other settings. 

I would backup, install to a new appdata folder. And restore. Let me know if if that works. 

Is there an easy way to just export recipes and nothing else? Figure I'll start as fresh as possible

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2023 at 12:43 PM, Dent_ said:

I had to add a variable in the mealie docker settings for BASE_URL with the url used to get to my instance. 

baseurl.thumb.jpg.e65a06b10b23bd7b353962b448fc4a10.jpg

Thx for this docker - loving the progress in the app!  I'm having trouble connecting with a Reverse Proxy, and could use help.  I am using duckdns subdomains, and the setup is working with a few other apps and works with the "old" version of Mealie.  ex:  xxxMealiev1xxx.duckns.org.  Does the field above relate to my situation, or is it only for those that own a top level domain?

Not sure if helpful, but here's my Swag config data as well 

server {
    listen 443 ssl;
    listen [::]:443 ssl;

server_name XXXXmealiev1XXXX.*;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {

include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
        include /config/nginx/resolver.conf;
        set $upstream_app mealiev1;
        set $upstream_port 9925;
        set $upstream_proto http;
        proxy_pass $upstream_proto://$upstream_app:$upstream_port;

}
}

Thanks if anyone has any input to help!

On 5/28/2023 at 3:58 PM, CatDuck said:

Sorry for the delay - yes, it loads with my local IP and the 9925 port.   I tried various permutations of using the BASE_URL: field in the docker config, but to no avail.   It's not the end of the world if I can resolve this, but I sure would love to.  Is there any guidance on how I should use that field?

I doubt the issue is related to the base domain variable. I would still put the domains where you plan to access mealie, for example "https://tomahawkmealie.duckdns.com" (No quotes)

From there, in the docker, what is your "Front End" Port? That is the first variable, it defaults to 3000 in the container, but you can change it from 3000 to 9925. (and you should)

Your mealie config would be helpful, I don't use SWAG, but I would start with those things.

Sorry if you already did those things, but let me know.

• CatDuck changed the title to [Support] Catduck Templates