[Support] Catduck Templates

19 hours ago, CatDuck said:

Migrating is really easy to postgres. You would add DB_Engine and the rest of the variables with your information. You simply make an export/backup with mealie, and then you can restore the backup and it works. Easy at that.

# Database Settings - DB_ENGINE=postgres - POSTGRES_USER=mealie - POSTGRES_PASSWORD=mealie - POSTGRES_SERVER=postgres - POSTGRES_PORT=5432 - POSTGRES_DB=mealie

I know it sounds easy and I was reasonably successful with NEXTCLOUD doing same. However, this is a little above my paygrade. But, thank you for pointing out this is possible. Will research steps to take to achieve. 

BTW fantastic work on this.  Almost dumped entire family recipe catalog.

Edited by goldbondx
4 minutes ago, goldbondx said:

I know it sounds easy and I was reasonably successful with NEXTCLOUD doing same. However, this is a little above my paygrade. But, thank you for pointing out this is possible. Will research steps to take to achieve. 

BTW fantastic work on this.  Almost dumped entire family recipe catalog.

Thank you, I just make the template for unraid. Real credit goes to developers. 

If you have a postgres install already I could probably add the postgres details to the template. 

• 3 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, will you be updating this template to the new version  According to the page the Omni is no longer being developed and it is getting moved to port 9000 on the container side.

There is documentation on the mealie site on how to do the migration to get people up and running on the new image but figured future users may not know to make the changes necessary

1 hour ago, schindlj said:

Out of curiosity, will you be updating this template to the new version  According to the page the Omni is no longer being developed and it is getting moved to port 9000 on the container side.

There is documentation on the mealie site on how to do the migration to get people up and running on the new image but figured future users may not know to make the changes necessary

I just submitted an update to the template. It should go seemless (I hope) 

• Like 1

Hello,

In the old version (which I didn't know) there was the possibility of configuring the front-end with the theme, accents and other things. I saw that this option has been "moved" but I don't see where, because if I change the url https://sub.domaine.com/admin/site-settings to https://sub.domaine.com/admin/site (as it was before the new version) I have a 404. Why didn't the devs keep this front-end configuration ? 

Regards

16 hours ago, Casadream_1 said:

Hello,

In the old version (which I didn't know) there was the possibility of configuring the front-end with the theme, accents and other things. I saw that this option has been "moved" but I don't see where, because if I change the url https://sub.domaine.com/admin/site-settings to https://sub.domaine.com/admin/site (as it was before the new version) I have a 404. Why didn't the devs keep this front-end configuration ? 

Regards

"It's still configurable, just only via env vars in your docker compose But it's broken in RC1.1, will be fixed before release" My image is nightly, so as soon as its fixed, you will have it. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Been trying to get this docker going again and thought I would point out that the POSTGRES_PORT key has a space at the begining that causes startup to ignore port #. It does not appear to be a problem if you are using the default port but, if like me you are using a non default port number it ignores and uses default of 5432. 

postgres.png

Thank you, I am using default port. I'll update the template. it should be fixed shortly. 

5 hours ago, Dent_ said:

Been trying to get this docker going again and thought I would point out that the POSTGRES_PORT key has a space at the beginning that causes startup to ignore port #. It does not appear to be a problem if you are using the default port but, if like me you are using a non default port number it ignores and uses default of 5432. 

postgres.png

Edited by CatDuck
  • Like 1
  • CatDuck changed the title to [Support] Catduck Templates
49 minutes ago, Ether Wrangler said:

Also, the Time Zone variable is being defined wrong.  You could probably remove this entirely as Unraid has started passing a TZ variable through natively at some point.

image.png.e92fe5a4a469dfbee9b2af2a1e770b99.png

image.png.82fb234046416e03458ee1bb77a5d1d5.png

I went ahead and removed that as well, thank you, was legacy from when i had this as a docker compose

• CatDuck changed the title to [Support] Catduck Templates

I was running 0.5.6 but recently I started getting Bad Gateway 502 when I tried loading it up. I have all my recipes there and I need a way to export those so that I can migrate to 1.0. I can't seem to find v0.5.6 on the Unraid App store anymore.

What are my options here? I really don't want to loose all those recipes!

6 hours ago, Phredwerd said:

I was running 0.5.6 but recently I started getting Bad Gateway 502 when I tried loading it up. I have all my recipes there and I need a way to export those so that I can migrate to 1.0. I can't seem to find v0.5.6 on the Unraid App store anymore.

What are my options here? I really don't want to loose all those recipes!

Yes, see my link above. Just stop the old mealie, don't uninstall, and don't touch the appdata folder. They use separate app data. 

6 hours ago, CatDuck said:

Yes, see my link above. Just stop the old mealie, don't uninstall, and don't touch the appdata folder. They use separate app data. 

RIght sorry, I wrote that quite late and was tired so I missed a detail.

As I mentioned, I was getting that bad gateway error with 0.5.6 so I uninstalled it thinking it had to do with the reverse proxy I have setup to access it.  I re-installed it via the container templates list but it still wouldn't work even when accessing it without the reverse proxy so I deleted it from my templates and went to find another version that would work but I can't find any. 

In the link above:

https://nightly.mealie.io/documentation/getting-started/migrating-to-mealie-v1/

It mentions needing to be able to access my old mealie install to export the data but the issue is, I can't! So I need to find a working 0.5.6 build I can install to export the data.

22 hours ago, Phredwerd said:

RIght sorry, I wrote that quite late and was tired so I missed a detail.

As I mentioned, I was getting that bad gateway error with 0.5.6 so I uninstalled it thinking it had to do with the reverse proxy I have setup to access it.  I re-installed it via the container templates list but it still wouldn't work even when accessing it without the reverse proxy so I deleted it from my templates and went to find another version that would work but I can't find any. 

In the link above:

https://nightly.mealie.io/documentation/getting-started/migrating-to-mealie-v1/

It mentions needing to be able to access my old mealie install to export the data but the issue is, I can't! So I need to find a working 0.5.6 build I can install to export the data.

Wound up here with the same issue. Here's how I fixed it...

1. Copy the Mealie appdata folder from Unraid to somewhere you can access it easily

2. Use the following docker image to create a temporary Mealie container (I used Docker Desktop on Windows with WSL):

- nicjohnson145/mealie:0.5.2

3. Mount the folder containing your Mealie data that you copied in step 1 to /app/data in your container. This will basically restore your previous installation settings

4. Log in to temp Mealie and perform a backup

5. Download that backup and use it to migrate as per above link

Hope this helps.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, FrJackHackett said:

Wound up here with the same issue. Here's how I fixed it...

1. Copy the Mealie appdata folder from Unraid to somewhere you can access it easily

2. Use the following docker image to create a temporary Mealie container (I used Docker Desktop on Windows with WSL):

- nicjohnson145/mealie:0.5.2

3. Mount the folder containing your Mealie data that you copied in step 1 to /app/data in your container. This will basically restore your previous installation settings

4. Log in to temp Mealie and perform a backup

5. Download that backup and use it to migrate as per above link

Hope this helps.

After a bit of fiddling, I did get this to work and mealie V1 now has my recipes. 

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Phredwerd said:

After a bit of fiddling, I did get this to work and mealie V1 now has my recipes. 

Thanks!

And to anyone else who comes looking, You can simply add the docker tag to the old mealie image. The official mealie docker is

https://hub.docker.com/layers/hkotel/mealie/v0.5.6/images/sha256-14cfa36c38bd392a07bd95779c094b1abfe3e0a46ef5b846fec635ec45cea9d6?context=explore

which is 0.5.6. The old mealie template was abandoned, which is why I took over this one. Going forward we use the official Mealie everything, so this won't happen again. V1 is awesome! 

• Like 1
On 10/27/2023 at 1:17 AM, CatDuck said:

"It's still configurable, just only via env vars in your docker compose But it's broken in RC1.1, will be fixed before release" My image is nightly, so as soon as its fixed, you will have it. 

@CatDuck Tried the variable for 'dark mode' on the new latest ... but still not working.

Edited by thestraycat