[Plugin] FolderView

1 hour ago, scolcipitato said:

You can't move folders when they are expanded, and you can't move the containers in the folder when the folder is expanded.

OH. Well that explains a lot. I have them on auto expand true because i don't really plan on ever using them collapsed, i just like the organization of folders/categories, but you're right now that i've collapsed the folders i can move them just fine. That wasn't clear to me, thank you.

Edited by YourNightmar3

How am I supposed to know what order it should be in to get the green icon? It's annoying.

I tried reordering just one container and nothing stops it from being red. There's not clear enough explanation what this feature even does and where I am supposed to be able to compare it to the real Unraid order so I know they are the same. This just seems like a pointless annoyance at this stage.

Just now, plantsandbinary said:

How am I supposed to know what order it should be in to get the green icon? It's annoying.

I tried reordering just one container and nothing stops it from being red. There's not clear enough explanation what this feature even does and where I am supposed to be able to compare it to the real Unraid order so I know they are the same. This just seems like a pointless annoyance at this stage.

This feature was introduced because folders being only client side, it wouldn't affect the real order of the containers, this is not a problem normally, but it is a problem when you enable autostart, to fix the problem reorder one container/folder and refresh the page, the color of the icon won't change if you don't refresh.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Indi said:

How am I supposed to add containers to existing folders?....this doesn't seem possible at all. I can only create new folders. 

Click on the folder name to edit it. At the bottom will be a list of all containers either in the folder or those not in any folder. Click the switch next to any container you want to add or remove from the folder. (This is also where you can reorder containers within the folder.)

If you want to move containers from one folder to another, you must first remove it from its current folder and then add it to the desired folder.

Edited by Mattaton
On 12/16/2023 at 1:04 AM, Mattaton said:

Click on the folder name to edit it. At the bottom will be a list of all containers either in the folder or those not in any folder. Click the switch next to any container you want to add or remove from the folder. (This is also where you can reorder containers within the folder.)

If you want to move containers from one folder to another, you must first remove it from its current folder and then add it to the desired folder.

Ahhh thank you! This was driving me crazy lol I couldn't figure out how to get into an existing folder view to edit things. I didn't think to click on the folder name which was my issue

Hello friends,

Is there a way to manually reorder the folders we create with this plugin?

I can't find a way to do that.

I know how to change the internal order of the apps within a folder, but I would like to change the order of the folders.

Currently, the order is based on when the folders were chronologically created -- so that the newest folder created is on the top of the folders list, and the oldest created folder is on the bottom.

If possible, would like to manually change this order.

Hope someone can help 🙏

Edited by mjeshurun
16 minutes ago, mjeshurun said:

Hello friends,

Is there a way to manually reorder the folders we create with this plugin?

I can't find a way to do that.

I know how to change the internal order of the apps within a folder, but I would like to change the order of the folders.

Currently, the order is based on when the folders were chronologically created -- so that the newest folder created is on the top of the folders list, and the oldest created folder is on the bottom.

If possible, would like to manually change this order.

Hope someone can help 🙏

It's the same way you would reorder containers if you didn't have the plugin. Unlock the order padlock in the upper right corner (depending on which unRAID theme is active). Drag and drop to reorder, then lock the padlock.

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Mattaton said:

It's the same way you would reorder containers if you didn't have the plugin. Unlock the order padlock in the upper right corner (depending on which unRAID theme is active). Drag and drop to reorder, then lock the padlock.

Thank you very much :) 🙏
I wasn't aware of this padlock reordering method.

15 minutes ago, Masterwishx said:

@Mattaton

Hi forgot to ask , not really using Vms now, but in case we need ,we can just add ```-vm``` to all 0*-*.docker*.css and vms also will use same CSS as Docker Page ?  Example     02-vars.docker-vm.css

Untested, and can't assume all CSS classes and html structure on the VM page are the same as the Docker page. You can give it a shot, but I'm doubtful it is that simple.

Also, I think you'd drop .docker for .vm but need to check @scolcipitato instructions to be sure. So, in theory, it'd be more like 02-vars.vm.css. No need for docker to be in there on the VM page.

Update... According to the last example, you may be right, but I think I'd still keep them separate, personally. Just in case you want to have something a little different on the VM page.

scolcipitato.dashboard.css // Will only work on the dashboard
scolcipitato.docker.css // Will only work on the docker tab
scolcipitato.vm.css // Will only work on the vms tab
scolcipitato.dashboard-docker.css // Will work on the dashboard and docker tabs
scolcipitato.dashboard-vm.css // Will work on the dashboard and vms tabs
scolcipitato.dashboard-docker-vm.css // Will work on the dashboard,docker and vms tabs

Edited by Mattaton
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Masterwishx said:

@Mattaton

Hi forgot to ask , not really using Vms now, but in case we need ,we can just add ```-vm``` to all 0*-*.docker*.css and vms also will use same CSS as Docker Page ?  Example     02-vars.docker-vm.css

If the CSS uses my custom classes only, I think you might be able to use it in the VMs tab, but in this case I think it's not that simple. You need to make some changes because of the different layout of the VMs.

If you want, here you can find the template for the VMs and Docker.

10 minutes ago, Mattaton said:

Untested, and can't assume all CSS classes and html structure on the VM page are the same as the Docker page. You can give it a shot, but I'm doubtful it is that simple.

Also, I think you'd drop .docker for .vm but need to check @scolcipitato instructions to be sure. So, in theory, it'd be more like 02-vars.vm.css. No need for docker to be in there on the VM page.

If the file is the same you add the -vm, if the file is not the same I suggest replacing the .docker with .vm, because you might want to affect the VMs tab and not the docker tab.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, scolcipitato said:

If the CSS uses my custom classes only, I think you might be able to use it in the VMs tab, but in this case I think it's not that simple. You need to make some changes because of the different layout of the VMs.

If you want, here you can find the template for the VMs and Docker.

If the file is the same you add the -vm, if the file is not the same I suggest replacing the .docker with .vm, because you might want to affect the VMs tab and not the docker tab.

Yes, I think for specificity (in order to override default rules) the css selectors are too exact to work on both pages at once.

Im assuming the docker page is more popular and more dense (in need of organization) so I focused on that.

Shouldn't be too hard to adapt the files for the VM page, though. 

I'll try to do that sometime soon.

Edited by Mattaton
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

In my VMs tab - the wrong VMs show in the configured folder. Docker folders work fine.

Screenshots show config and Folder View Display - as you can see different VMs from those selected appear in the "Home Automation" folder.
Any idea how to fix this? I have tried both Firefox and Edge - same problem.

image.thumb.png.830957fee6a319bd469800b2d0f51f09.png

image.thumb.png.a355b6cfae75e8082607bff0e2a091b5.png

Edited by brentk
5 hours ago, brentk said:

In my VMs tab - the wrong VMs show in the configured folder. Docker folders work fine.

Screenshots show config and Folder View Display - as you can see different VMs from those selected appear in the "Home Automation" folder.
Any idea how to fix this? I have tried both Firefox and Edge - same problem.

image.thumb.png.830957fee6a319bd469800b2d0f51f09.png

image.thumb.png.a355b6cfae75e8082607bff0e2a091b5.png

I need the debug file (first post for instructions)

12 hours ago, brentk said:

I run a couple of tests with the debug file you gave me, I didn't find any problem, I see that you have other plugins that change the webui of the vm folder, maybe is that. What I can say with what I have is that the plugin expect to find your VMs in this order.:

1. Windows 11
  2. Fast Tools Stardom
  3. HA Dev
  4. SimaticTIA17Pro
  5. Home Assistant HAOS
  6. GeoSCADA2020
  7. Macinabox Catalina
  8. CodeSys T11
  9. SimaticTIA17Unified
  10. Geo SCADA 2021
  11. Centum_FT
  12. StardomT11
  13. Windows 10 Gaming
  14. Tiny11_2311

Potentially the other plugins you have changed this order and if they do so it can lead to issues, I can advise making a backup of the config, uninstall folder view and see if the order match.

Thanks @scolcipitato - I can't think of any other plugin I have which would change the webui - any idea how to find what it would be? After I removed folder view - the order of my VMs is as follows (not the same as the list from the debug file)

1  Centum_FT
2  CodeSys T11
3  Fast Tools Stardom
4  GeoSCADA2020
5  Geo SCADA 2021
6  HA Dev
7  Home Assistant HAOS
8  Macinabox Catalina
9  SimaticTIA17Pro
10  SimaticTIA17Unified
11  StardomT11
12  Tiny11_2311
13  Windows 10 Gaming
14  Windows 11

9 hours ago, brentk said:

Thanks @scolcipitato - I can't think of any other plugin I have which would change the webui - any idea how to find what it would be? After I removed folder view - the order of my VMs is as follows (not the same as the list from the debug file)

1  Centum_FT
2  CodeSys T11
3  Fast Tools Stardom
4  GeoSCADA2020
5  Geo SCADA 2021
6  HA Dev
7  Home Assistant HAOS
8  Macinabox Catalina
9  SimaticTIA17Pro
10  SimaticTIA17Unified
11  StardomT11
12  Tiny11_2311
13  Windows 10 Gaming
14  Windows 11

I don't really know what is going on, I tried to replicate your setup and for me, it seems to work, I saw a single difference in your debug file, so I tried to fix it. You can try to reinstall the plugin and see if it works.