[SUPPORT] - stable-diffusion Advanced

Yes, those errors are in the log after removing conda-env. I know I called it 'venv' but it's the same thing.

Then I deleted conda-env and changed the tag to :3.1.0 and no errors at all.

Just to be clear - this is still running Forge.

What did you change?

with a clean install on the last version I have no errors

12/03/2024
11:07:02
Building wheels for collected packages: insightface
12/03/2024
11:07:02
  Building wheel for insightface (pyproject.toml): started
12/03/2024
11:07:07
  Building wheel for insightface (pyproject.toml): finished with status 'done'
12/03/2024
  Created wheel for insightface: filename=insightface-0.7.3-cp311-cp311-linux_x86_64.whl size=873701 sha256=87ee8a0b7c162192252daa84f7eec0b04cfeef8f771a2fb2bb1bd90a1f41857d
12/03/2024
  Stored in directory: /config/temp/pip/wheels/27/d8/22/f52d858d16cd06e7b2e6aad34a1777dcfaf000be833bbf8146
12/03/2024
Successfully built insightface

I changed the packages I install before running forge/auto11 :

pip install --upgrade pip
pip install coloredlogs flatbuffers numpy packaging protobuf==3.20.3 sympy
pip install packaging
pip install onnxruntime-gpu --extra-index-url https://aiinfra.pkgs.visualstudio.com/PublicPackages/_packaging/onnxruntime-cuda-12/pypi/simple/
pip install insightface
pip install basicsr
pip install torch==2.2.0 torchvision==0.17.0 torchaudio==2.2.0 --index-url https://download.pytorch.org/whl/cu121
pip install xformers --index-url https://download.pytorch.org/whl/cu121

I see that you have this error : error: command '/config/02-sd-webui/conda-env/bin/gcc' failed: Permission denied

perhaps the virtual env didn't rebuild as expected (but I dont know why).
perhaps you should do a clean install by removing/renaming the whole 02 folder.

Instead of possibly breaking my working install, I added a new container using the existing stable-diffusion template but renamed it stable-diffusion-TEST.

Installing a completely new and clean copy into a brand new config directory went without a hitch. I think it's this constant permission juggling that's going on. I think the permissions should be set once and then left alone instead of the way things currently are where they are reset every single time. It also resets the output directory, meaning I can't perform any operations like deleting unwanted generations until I manually reset permissions myself.

I'd prefer it if it was more like binhex's method (at the very bottom of here) where there is a text file inside the config directory where nothing happens if it exists. If you manually delete the file, then permissions are reset and a new text file is placed there to stop it from repeatedly happening. Just some file called 'delete_me_to_reset_permissions.txt' or something.

For example, when I download with sonarr and radarr, they will create directories and files with permissions where I can move, rename, delete or do anything else with my file manager:

sonarr directories: drwxrwxrwx
sonarr files: -rw-rw-rw-
radarr directories: drwxrwxrwx
radarr files: -rw-rw-rw-

However, the output of a test generation I've just done in this separate and completely clean install of this container gives directories and files with these permissions:

This container directories: drwxr-xr-x
This container files: -rw-r--r--

This means I cannot delete files or directories I don't want unless I manually reset the permissions.

My PUID and PGID are correct.

This finally led me to the solution to at least this problem:

The short version is that you might want to specify a UMASK variable in the template.

I've just started my original :3.1.0 install and generated a few images. It will then create:

Directories: drwxrwxrwx
Files: -rw-rw-rw-

To get this, I added a variable to the template:

Name/Key: UMASK
Value: 000

Linuxserver base images have UMASK built-in so I made use of that. More info here.

As for updating my main install to :latest - maybe tomorrow. I haven't really had time today and I didn't want to break my existing install when it's working but I'll get around to it when I have a bit more time.

An update...

I did all of this yesterday but I got a bit sick of it in the end so I'm reporting it today. I spent about 6.5 hours doing this - reinstalling takes a long time when you do it over and over.

Deleting conda-env and installing over the top didn't work (kind of as expected). So I renamed the whole '/appdata/stable-diffusion/02-sd-webui' to '/appdata/stable-diffusion/02-sd-webui-bak' and then it did install without a problem.

However, I've spent some time installing extensions and customising my config so I'd like all of that back. Simply copying over files will not work - some do, but not all. It's more reliable to reinstall extensions from the tab than to copy all of the directories over from the backup.

The two other main files I want back are 'styles.csv' and 'ui-config.json'. The reason why I was doing this for 6.5 hours was because I first tried restoring all of the files and directories from a backup in one go - but then I got a bunch of errors. So I deleted everything again and restarted from scratch. Then I began restoring things one-by-one with a stop/start of the container in between to figure out what exactly was causing the errors. This is why it took so long. This is how I figured out that reinstalling extensions from the tab is the way to go.

In 'parameters.forge.txt' I was using for a long time:

# Web + Network
--listen
--port 9000

# options
--enable-insecure-extension-access
# --xformers
# --api
--cuda-malloc
--cuda-stream
--pin-shared-memory

# --no-half-vae
# --disable-nan-check
# --update-all-extensions
# --reinstall-xformers
# --reinstall-torch

Now, for some reason, this refuses to work without errors. So I've gone back to the default included with this container:

# Web + Network
--listen
--port 9000

# options
--enable-insecure-extension-access
--xformers
--api
--cuda-malloc
--cuda-stream

#--no-half-vae
#--disable-nan-check
#--update-all-extensions
#--reinstall-xformers
#--reinstall-torch  

Anyway, a couple of observations:

Firstly, I've finally remembered that every time I've had to reset permissions on directories and files to manipulate them in the past, it removes the executable flag from .sh files. This is part of what's been preventing the container from booting properly. It might be worth when you run:

chown'ing directory to ensure correct permissions.

to also check that any .sh files are still executable if they need to be.

Secondly, after a fair bit of reading around and looking at a few container templates, I've concluded that nobody really knows what to set UMASK as.

linuxserver set their containers to: 022

binhex sets them to: 000

I tested (with a whole 'delete everything and start again approach) with the linuxserver approach of a UMASK of 022. When I generate images, it gives me:

Directories: drwxr-xr-x
Files: -rw-r--r--

I cannot do anything with these files/directories unless I reset their permissions. So this is no good.

When I use a UMASK of 000, it gives me outputs with:

Directories: drwxrwxrwx
Files: -rw-rw-rw-

These files/directories I can do something with. They have the 'rw' flag all the way so I can delete any generations I don't want straight from my image viewer. This is all I ever wanted, so this works for me.

The other thing I wanted, since I make use of Dynamic Prompts, is access to /appdata/stable-diffusion/02-sd-webui/forge/extensions/sd-dynamic-prompts/wildcards. Now this also works as expected. Because this directory is so buried and because this container resets permissions on every start, it became very tedious very quickly to browse all the way through to reset permissions on just this directory. This is why I was simply resetting permissions on the whole /appdata/stable-diffusion/02-sd-webui directory, which led to other problems.

The short version is (at least for me):

Use a UMASK of 000
Use the default parameters.forge.txt
Only reinstall extensions from the Extensions tab

Anyway, so it's sorted now. Hopefully?

I don't want to pile anything extra on you since, at least for me, Forge is the most important thing. But I have been trying to install kohya and I consistently get:

Downloading and Extracting Packages: ...working... done
Preparing transaction: ...working... done
Verifying transaction: ...working... done
Executing transaction: ...working... done
'/opt/sd-install/parameters/70.txt' -> '/config/70-kohya/parameters.txt'
Cloning into 'kohya_ss'...
Already up to date.
Requirement already satisfied: pip in ./venv/lib/python3.10/site-packages (23.0.1)
Collecting pip
  Using cached pip-24.0-py3-none-any.whl (2.1 MB)
Installing collected packages: pip
  Attempting uninstall: pip
    Found existing installation: pip 23.0.1
    Uninstalling pip-23.0.1:
      Successfully uninstalled pip-23.0.1
Successfully installed pip-24.0
Obtaining file:///config/70-kohya/kohya_ss/sd-scripts (from -r requirements.txt (line 46))
ERROR: file:///config/70-kohya/kohya_ss/sd-scripts (from -r requirements.txt (line 46)) does not appear to be a Python project: neither 'setup.py' nor 'pyproject.toml' found.
venv folder does not exist. Not activating...
Warning: LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable is not set.
Certain functionalities may not work correctly.
Please ensure that the required libraries are properly configured.

If you use WSL2 you may want to: export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/wsl/lib/

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/config/70-kohya/kohya_ss/setup/validate_requirements.py", line 18, in <module>
    from kohya_gui.custom_logging import setup_logging
  File "/config/70-kohya/kohya_ss/kohya_gui/custom_logging.py", line 6, in <module>
    from rich.theme import Theme
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'rich'
Validation failed. Exiting...
/entry.sh: line 11: /70: No such file or directory
/entry.sh: line 12: /config/scripts/70: No such file or directory
/entry.sh: line 13: /config/scripts/70.sh: No such file or directory
error in webui selection variable

App is starting!
Channels:
 - defaults
Platform: linux-64
Collecting package metadata (repodata.json): ...working... done
Solving environment: ...working... done

Then it just bootloops endlessly. This is with a completely clean install after deleting the whole '70-kohya' directory. I also tried both with and without the UMASK variable by removing it from the template altogether and I get the same error every time.

Running kohya would be nice for me and the fix might be something really simple that was overlooked. If it's quick and easy to fix - then great. If it's more than that then I can live without it as long as Forge is working.

• Upvote 1

A quickie bug report which should be an easy fix:

I've had to temporarily switch from Forge to standard A1111 because Regional Prompter is broken at the moment in Forge.

Standard A1111 saves output images to:

/appdata/stable-diffusion/02-sd-webui/webui/output

Instead of:

/appdata/stable-diffusion/outputs

It's easy enough to get to them but things like Infinite Image Browsing is locked to whatever location is defined as output. This means I can't find something I generated in Forge and send it with all its parameters to txt2img, for example. And vice versa - when Forge is patched for Regional Prompter, I won't be able to browse easily to what I've been creating in standard A1111. At least not without moving everything manually.

Has anyone managed to get the sd-webui-comfyui extension working in the Automatic1111 container?  I just get "127.0.0.1 refused to connect." and dont know how to resolve this.  I tried adding the port 8189 to the container config and changing the "Address of the ComfyUI server as seen from the webui." option under settings and nothing seems to be working.

I would ideally like to keep it inside the Automatic1111 container instead of installing another instance using the dedicated ComfyUI option if possible.

Edited by Aegisnir
more details
5 hours ago, Aegisnir said:

Has anyone managed to get the sd-webui-comfyui extension working in the Automatic1111 container?

Actually, yes. I didn't even know this extension was available or even possible, so cheers for the heads up.

I've installed it and first thing is that it tells you to reload the UI. This isn't enough - a full stop and start of the container makes it work. Presumably you've done that, though.

My log:

################################################################
Launching launch.py...
glibc version is 2.35
Check TCMalloc: libtcmalloc_minimal.so.4
libtcmalloc_minimal.so.4 is linked with libc.so,execute LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtcmalloc_minimal.so.4
Python 3.11.8 | packaged by conda-forge | (main, Feb 16 2024, 20:53:32) [GCC 12.3.0]
Version: v1.8.0
Commit hash: bef51aed032c0aaa5cfd80445bc4cf0d85b408b5
CUDA 12.1
Launching Web UI with arguments: --listen --port 9000 --enable-insecure-extension-access --medvram --xformers --api
Civitai Helper: Get Custom Model Folder
20:02:49 - ReActor - STATUS - Running v0.7.0-b7 on Device: CUDA
Loading weights [d6a48d3e20] from /config/02-sd-webui/webui/models/Stable-diffusion/sdxllightning/realvisxlV40_v40LightningBakedvae.safetensors
Creating model from config: /config/02-sd-webui/webui/repositories/generative-models/configs/inference/sd_xl_base.yaml
Civitai Helper: Set Proxy: 
Running on local URL:  http://0.0.0.0:9000

To create a public link, set `share=True` in `launch()`.
[sd-webui-comfyui] Started callback listeners for process webui
[sd-webui-comfyui] Starting subprocess for comfyui...
[sd-webui-comfyui] Created a reverse proxy route to ComfyUI: /sd-webui-comfyui/comfyui
Startup time: 59.9s (prepare environment: 16.8s, import torch: 20.4s, import gradio: 2.8s, setup paths: 7.2s, initialize shared: 0.3s, other imports: 1.7s, list SD models: 0.2s, load scripts: 6.5s, create ui: 3.1s, gradio launch: 0.2s, add APIs: 0.4s).
Applying attention optimization: xformers... done.
Model loaded in 4.9s (load weights from disk: 0.2s, create model: 0.6s, apply weights to model: 3.5s, calculate empty prompt: 0.3s).
[ComfyUI] [sd-webui-comfyui] Setting up IPC...
[ComfyUI] [sd-webui-comfyui] Using inter-process communication strategy: File system
[ComfyUI] [sd-webui-comfyui] Started callback listeners for process comfyui
[ComfyUI] [sd-webui-comfyui] Patching ComfyUI...
[ComfyUI] [sd-webui-comfyui] Launching ComfyUI with arguments: --listen 127.0.0.1 --port 8189
[ComfyUI] ** ComfyUI startup time: 2024-03-20 20:03:11.148687
[ComfyUI] ** Platform: Linux
[ComfyUI] ** Python version: 3.11.8 | packaged by conda-forge | (main, Feb 16 2024, 20:53:32) [GCC 12.3.0]
[ComfyUI] ** Python executable: /config/02-sd-webui/conda-env/bin/python3
[ComfyUI] ** Log path: /config/02-sd-webui/webui/extensions/sd-webui-comfyui/ComfyUI/comfyui.log
[ComfyUI] ### Loading: ComfyUI-Manager (V2.10.2)
[ComfyUI] ### ComfyUI Revision: 2077 [4b9005e9] | Released on '2024-03-20'
[ComfyUI] [ComfyUI-Manager] default cache updated: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ltdrdata/ComfyUI-Manager/main/custom-node-list.json
[ComfyUI] [ComfyUI-Manager] default cache updated: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ltdrdata/ComfyUI-Manager/main/alter-list.json
[ComfyUI] [ComfyUI-Manager] default cache updated: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ltdrdata/ComfyUI-Manager/main/model-list.json
[ComfyUI] [ComfyUI-Manager] default cache updated: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ltdrdata/ComfyUI-Manager/main/extension-node-map.json
[ComfyUI] FETCH DATA from: /config/02-sd-webui/webui/extensions/sd-webui-comfyui/ComfyUI/custom_nodes/ComfyUI-Manager/extension-node-map.json
[ComfyUI] FETCH DATA from: /config/02-sd-webui/webui/extensions/sd-webui-comfyui/ComfyUI/custom_nodes/ComfyUI-Manager/extension-node-map.json
[ComfyUI] registered ws - sandbox_tab - 7fdd974d65054604850394a243948462
[ComfyUI] registered ws - preprocess_latent_img2img - fff2e5a47a004d34a784737b769602da
[ComfyUI] registered ws - postprocess_latent_txt2img - 57d1208bf4254d4eb7a75f53330c7a8c
[ComfyUI] registered ws - postprocess_img2img - 95e9cc98ce84468e942c503f0bb45829
[ComfyUI] registered ws - preprocess_img2img - 48382e9789424d21ac3e6da647c14cc1
[ComfyUI] registered ws - postprocess_latent_img2img - 0262e3f624aa4c35ae54783f2e19ac7b
[ComfyUI] registered ws - before_save_image_txt2img - 2fe9c48759004cd7a7d68faec7fd8de2
[ComfyUI] registered ws - postprocess_txt2img - 8074d5435f164a26ad0fb02317be8a8a
[ComfyUI] registered ws - before_save_image_img2img - 11f4a5b8fb2e4dbaaac9f154a7cd3ccb
[ComfyUI] registered ws - postprocess_image_img2img - 34002d2f69d94cb9a459ddc77987b38c
[ComfyUI] registered ws - postprocess_image_txt2img - 2e0a84b53e034bb18eda0e806f6d4ecc
[ComfyUI] FETCH DATA from: /config/02-sd-webui/webui/extensions/sd-webui-comfyui/ComfyUI/custom_nodes/ComfyUI-Manager/.cache/1514988643_custom-node-list.json
[ComfyUI] FETCH DATA from: /config/02-sd-webui/webui/extensions/sd-webui-comfyui/ComfyUI/custom_nodes/ComfyUI-Manager/.cache/1742899825_extension-node-map.json
[ComfyUI] FETCH DATA from: /config/02-sd-webui/webui/extensions/sd-webui-comfyui/ComfyUI/custom_nodes/ComfyUI-Manager/.cache/1742899825_extension-node-map.json

Then I get:

txt2img-tab.png.b696b03b4a1d576ba617c1a9e57d6c3b.png

comfyui-tab.thumb.png.df4a50bfc5e296a2ee5a614fae28908d.png

I've only had a few minutes of testing it. Generating from the ComfyUI tab is working fine. As you can see, I've changed the checkpoint, resolution and CGF/steps.

However, generating from the txt2img tab results in:

RuntimeError: Expected all tensors to be on the same device, but found at least two devices, cpu and cuda:0! (when checking argument for argument index in method wrapper_CUDA__index_select)

So I'm going to have to figure that one out.

On 3/20/2024 at 4:36 PM, Araso said:

Actually, yes. I didn't even know this extension was available or even possible, so cheers for the heads up.

I've installed it and first thing is that it tells you to reload the UI. This isn't enough - a full stop and start of the container makes it work. Presumably you've done that, though.

My log:

Launching launch.py...
glibc version is 2.35
Check TCMalloc: libtcmalloc_minimal.so.4
libtcmalloc_minimal.so.4 is linked with libc.so,execute LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtcmalloc_minimal.so.4
Python 3.11.8 | packaged by conda-forge | (main, Feb 16 2024, 20:53:32) [GCC 12.3.0]
Version: v1.8.0
Commit hash: bef51aed032c0aaa5cfd80445bc4cf0d85b408b5
CUDA 12.1
Launching Web UI with arguments: --listen --port 9000 --enable-insecure-extension-access --medvram --xformers --api
Civitai Helper: Get Custom Model Folder
20:02:49 - ReActor - STATUS - Running v0.7.0-b7 on Device: CUDA
Loading weights [d6a48d3e20] from /config/02-sd-webui/webui/models/Stable-diffusion/sdxllightning/realvisxlV40_v40LightningBakedvae.safetensors
Creating model from config: /config/02-sd-webui/webui/repositories/generative-models/configs/inference/sd_xl_base.yaml
Civitai Helper: Set Proxy: 
Running on local URL:  http://0.0.0.0:9000

To create a public link, set `share=True` in `launch()`.
[sd-webui-comfyui] Started callback listeners for process webui
[sd-webui-comfyui] Starting subprocess for comfyui...
[sd-webui-comfyui] Created a reverse proxy route to ComfyUI: /sd-webui-comfyui/comfyui
Startup time: 59.9s (prepare environment: 16.8s, import torch: 20.4s, import gradio: 2.8s, setup paths: 7.2s, initialize shared: 0.3s, other imports: 1.7s, list SD models: 0.2s, load scripts: 6.5s, create ui: 3.1s, gradio launch: 0.2s, add APIs: 0.4s).
Applying attention optimization: xformers... done.
Model loaded in 4.9s (load weights from disk: 0.2s, create model: 0.6s, apply weights to model: 3.5s, calculate empty prompt: 0.3s).
[ComfyUI] [sd-webui-comfyui] Setting up IPC...
[ComfyUI] [sd-webui-comfyui] Using inter-process communication strategy: File system
[ComfyUI] [sd-webui-comfyui] Started callback listeners for process comfyui
[ComfyUI] [sd-webui-comfyui] Patching ComfyUI...
[ComfyUI] [sd-webui-comfyui] Launching ComfyUI with arguments: --listen 127.0.0.1 --port 8189
[ComfyUI] ** ComfyUI startup time: 2024-03-20 20:03:11.148687
[ComfyUI] ** Platform: Linux
[ComfyUI] ** Python version: 3.11.8 | packaged by conda-forge | (main, Feb 16 2024, 20:53:32) [GCC 12.3.0]
[ComfyUI] ** Python executable: /config/02-sd-webui/conda-env/bin/python3
[ComfyUI] ** Log path: /config/02-sd-webui/webui/extensions/sd-webui-comfyui/ComfyUI/comfyui.log
[ComfyUI] ### Loading: ComfyUI-Manager (V2.10.2)
[ComfyUI] ### ComfyUI Revision: 2077 [4b9005e9] | Released on '2024-03-20'
[ComfyUI] [ComfyUI-Manager] default cache updated: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ltdrdata/ComfyUI-Manager/main/custom-node-list.json
[ComfyUI] [ComfyUI-Manager] default cache updated: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ltdrdata/ComfyUI-Manager/main/alter-list.json
[ComfyUI] [ComfyUI-Manager] default cache updated: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ltdrdata/ComfyUI-Manager/main/model-list.json
[ComfyUI] [ComfyUI-Manager] default cache updated: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ltdrdata/ComfyUI-Manager/main/extension-node-map.json
[ComfyUI] registered ws - sandbox_tab - 7fdd974d65054604850394a243948462
[ComfyUI] registered ws - preprocess_latent_img2img - fff2e5a47a004d34a784737b769602da
[ComfyUI] registered ws - postprocess_latent_txt2img - 57d1208bf4254d4eb7a75f53330c7a8c
[ComfyUI] registered ws - postprocess_img2img - 95e9cc98ce84468e942c503f0bb45829
[ComfyUI] registered ws - preprocess_img2img - 48382e9789424d21ac3e6da647c14cc1
[ComfyUI] registered ws - postprocess_latent_img2img - 0262e3f624aa4c35ae54783f2e19ac7b
[ComfyUI] registered ws - before_save_image_txt2img - 2fe9c48759004cd7a7d68faec7fd8de2
[ComfyUI] registered ws - postprocess_txt2img - 8074d5435f164a26ad0fb02317be8a8a
[ComfyUI] registered ws - before_save_image_img2img - 11f4a5b8fb2e4dbaaac9f154a7cd3ccb
[ComfyUI] registered ws - postprocess_image_img2img - 34002d2f69d94cb9a459ddc77987b38c
[ComfyUI] registered ws - postprocess_image_txt2img - 2e0a84b53e034bb18eda0e806f6d4ecc
[ComfyUI] FETCH DATA from: /config/02-sd-webui/webui/extensions/sd-webui-comfyui/ComfyUI/custom_nodes/ComfyUI-Manager/.cache/1514988643_custom-node-list.json

Then I get:

txt2img-tab.png.b696b03b4a1d576ba617c1a9e57d6c3b.png

comfyui-tab.thumb.png.df4a50bfc5e296a2ee5a614fae28908d.png

I've only had a few minutes of testing it. Generating from the ComfyUI tab is working fine. As you can see, I've changed the checkpoint, resolution and CGF/steps.

However, generating from the txt2img tab results in:

RuntimeError: Expected all tensors to be on the same device, but found at least two devices, cpu and cuda:0! (when checking argument for argument index in method wrapper_CUDA__index_select)

So I'm going to have to figure that one out.

Yeah I have fully restarted the container.  I dont know what the issue is.  did you make any unique configurations to the container settings or in the automatic1111 settings to get it working or did it just work out of the box after restarting the container?

1 hour ago, Aegisnir said:

did you make any unique configurations to the container settings or in the automatic1111 settings to get it working or did it just work out of the box after restarting the container?

If you read my posts a bit farther back, the only real change I've made was after I had some trouble with file permissions so I added UMASK.

To do this, I added a variable to the template:

Name/Key: UMASK
Value: 000

umask.png.cc54d655b10eecd87402833ebb585b20.png

I can't think of anything significant off the top of my head that I changed in A1111's settings. I've been using Forge and had to switch to standard A1111 due to a Forge bug that's there at the moment so my settings are basically at the defaults other than some cosmetic things.

You could try disabling all your custom extensions but this one. Then enable your other extensions on-by-one until you find where it breaks. I've heard of people having trouble with conflicting extensions before.

If not that, then maybe stop A1111 and temporarily move:

config.json
ui-config.json

somewhere safe and start it up again so it recreates a default config.

One thing I noticed was that it worked in the ComfyUI tab just fine with 'realvisxlV40_v40LightningBakedvae.safetensors' but it errored out when I tried to generate anything with that model in the txt2img tab. It would only work with a full SDXL model. For me, using standard SDXL is taking way too long when I've been used to turbo and lightning models for a while now. So I've had to disable this extension just to be able to use them.

The point of me saying all of this is - maybe if you have a turbo or lightning model loaded then that alone could cause you problems.

@Araso If you want to try the test version, I think I fixed Koyha (not 100% sure since I don't use it)
Perhaps
you'll have to set up acceleration in the parameters (at least to tell which GPU to use)

For your problem of permissions I did what you suggested.
There is now two files at the root of the config folder :

'Delete this file to clean virtual env and dependencies at next launch'

'Delete this file to reset access rights at next launch'

I think it's pretty clear, and please tell me if it solves your issue.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Holaf said:

Perhaps you'll have to set up acceleration in the parameters (at least to tell which GPU to use)

I've always had this variable set: NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES

Does this mean this variable now does nothing and/or can be safely removed from the template?: CLEAN_ENV

I'll test Kohya and see what's what.

Everything seems to be working. However, I have some observations.

1. The permissions files

Two files are created in /appdata/stable-diffusion:

Delete this file to clean virtual env and dependencies at next launch
Delete this file to reset access rights at next launch

I haven't tested these for reasons I'll get to below but I would suggest naming them slightly differently to this:

Delete_this_file_to_clean_virtual_env_and_dependencies_at_next_launch
Delete_this_file_to_reset_access_rights_at_next_launch

The reason for this is because it can be tricky to delete files with spaces in them if anyone wants to do this from the console. So having underscores and no spaces removes all doubt and no need to use anything like quotation marks or escape characters. Linux based systems and spaces don't mix together very well.

2. Kohya installs fine, but...

Kohya has installed without any problems and I've loaded the WebUI fine.

However, it wipes the env and reinstalls on every start. This is without deleting the 'Delete this file to clean virtual env and dependencies at next launch' file.

Specifically this directory is wiped every time:

/appdata/stable-diffusion/70-kohya/env

These are the logs:

kohya-log-first-install.txtkohya-log-second-start.txtkohya-log-third-start.txt

The ones called 'second' and 'third' are actually later than that. They're more like 'fifth' and sixth' but I didn't realise it was wiping the env until after a few stop/starts so I didn't save any of those logs. But they're all pretty much the same. Every time it reinstalls I can still open the UI so it still works - it just takes along, long time to go through all of this reinstallation first.

3. Kohya works.

Kohya seems to be working fine. I've trained a (very crappy) quick LoRA and tested it in A1111 and I can see it's definitely working. It used CUDA correctly. Although, as I mentioned in my previous post, I've always had NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES set correctly so I don't know if it would work properly without that variable.

4. A1111 outputs are still going to the wrong directory

To be clear, I'm talking about standard Automatic1111. You already fixed Forge to go to the correct directory but A1111 is still saving outputs in:

/appdata/stable-diffusion/02-sd-webui/webui/output

instead of:

/appdata/stable-diffusion/outputs/02-sd-webui

That's pretty much it for now. It takes forever when Kohya reinstalls during every start of the container so I haven't had much time to do a deep test of everything. At least Kohya installs now and it's not exactly a daily use kind of thing. So if it would take a lot of work to fix, then I say leave it until you have the time.

Also, this didn't leave me with much time to test deleting the files to wipe the env or change permissions. For one thing - Kohya is deleting the env anyway without me having to touch that file and I didn't really want to test deleting my working A1111 or Forge.

Hopefully some or all of these fixes are quick and easy. As soon as you have any new version I'll be on it for testing.

@Araso in the last test version :

-corrected a bug where the default output folder for auto111 wasn't linked to the common folder

-corrected a bug where the virtual env for koyha was deleted at every launch

-renamed the files used for clen env and reset rights (to get rid of spaces)

hope this time everything is right :)

1 hour ago, Holaf said:

corrected a bug where the default output folder for auto111 wasn't linked to the common folder

This is fixed and all existing files were moved over. Nice!

1 hour ago, Holaf said:

renamed the files used for clen env and reset rights (to get rid of spaces)

This also is fixed.

1 hour ago, Holaf said:

corrected a bug where the virtual env for koyha was deleted at every launch

This, unfortunately, is not fixed.

I keep getting this every time:

Remote branch is ahead. Wiping venv for clean packages install
Updating 6162193..5bbb4fc

Full logs for the first three starts after installing this new version:

kohya-log-first-start.txtkohya-log-second-start.txtkohya-log-third-start.txt

I might be worth mentioning that the last commit, as you can see here was 5 days ago. So the env that was there should have been fully up to date and not requiring an update at all. All of these reinstall have been happening well after the last commit.

So I think it's maybe a bad idea to prevent normal updating procedure. I think it's something else - maybe some sort of conflict somewhere. But at the very least, there is now the possibility to delete the file to wipe the env if needed if you do go down that route.

I was referring to this part of the log :

Remote branch is ahead. Wiping venv for clean packages install
Updating 6162193..5bbb4fc
-------------------------------------
Cleaning venv
Done!
-------------------------------------

In the last test version I force the update of local files, and I removed the systematic clean when there is an update.
This time I hope it will be ok :)

OK, tested:

To start with, I simply started the container without touching the env or anything else:

kohya-log-first-start.txt

So there's a message in the log:

Remote branch is ahead. If you encouter any issue after upgrade, try to clean venv for clean packages install

There was also an error:

error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by checkout:
        README.md
        library/sdxl_original_unet.py
Please commit your changes or stash them before you switch branches.
Aborting
fatal: Unable to checkout '6b1520a46b1b6ee7c33092537dc9449d1cc4f56f' in submodule path 'sd-scripts'
22:47:26-432880 ERROR    Error during Git operation: Command '['git',           
                         'submodule', 'update', '--init', '--recursive',        
                         '--quiet']' returned non-zero exit status 1.           

So I deleted the file 'Delete_this_file_to_clean_virtual_env_and_dependencies_at_next_launch' and started the container again while I watched to make sure it wiped the env correctly. It did, so that was all working as intended.

Here's the log:

kohya-log-second-start.txt

I still got that error:

error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by checkout:
        README.md
Please commit your changes or stash them before you switch branches.
Aborting
fatal: Unable to checkout '6b1520a46b1b6ee7c33092537dc9449d1cc4f56f' in submodule path 'sd-scripts'
22:54:37-118317 ERROR    Error during Git operation: Command '['git',           
                         'submodule', 'update', '--init', '--recursive',        
                         '--quiet']' returned non-zero exit status 1.           

Then I stopped and started the container again for a third time:

kohya-log-third-start.txt

This also had the same error as above.

All three times I started the container I could still load the UI without problems. What I haven't done, because it takes such a long time to do, is to actually test creating a LoRA. For all I know it might work without any problems or it might fail. As I say - it takes a long time to test something like that.

I've never made any changes to those two files:

README.md

So it's not a conflict there to prevent overwriting user-modified files.

There's something odd here because I imagine it's pretty much an identical process for all UIs but I don't see these problems in A1111 or Forge. So it's something specific only to Kohya, as far as I can tell. But they're all only downloading the latest branch from Github, so they should all work in the same way.

I think you should remove (after doing a backup) the /user/mnt/appdata/stable-diffusion/70-kohya/kohya_ss folder.
I don't know what he says that you modified two files, but that's why it can't update.

• Thanks 1

I must admit, I didn't think to do this. I expect, at most, to remove the env but to leave everything else in place whenever I start the container. But since there's nothing there I've customised or need to keep, I've gone ahead and deleted everything.

I imagine since you said you don't use Kohya that you delete the whole directory regularly, which I don't do, and that's why we've been getting different results sometimes.

The entire log now (after three starts):

[migrations] started
[migrations] no migrations found
usermod: no changes
───────────────────────────────────────
  _____ __ __ _____ _____ _____ _____ 
 |     |  |  |   __|_   _|     |     |
 |   --|  |  |__   | | | |  |  | | | |
 |_____|_____|_____| |_| |_____|_|_|_|
       _____ __ __ _ __    ____  
      | __  |  |  | |  |  |    \ 
      | __ -|  |  | |  |__|  |  |
      |_____|_____|_|_____|____/ 

Based on images from linuxserver.io

To support LSIO projects visit:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/

GID/UID

User UID:    99
User GID:    100

[custom-init] No custom files found, skipping...

App is starting!
[ls.io-init] done.
Local branch up-to-date, keeping existing venv
Channels:
 - defaults

# All requested packages already installed.

Channels:
 - conda-forge
 - defaults

# All requested packages already installed.

Requirement already satisfied: pip in /config/70-kohya/env/lib/python3.10/site-packages (24.0)
15:20:04-388204 INFO     Python version is 3.10.14 | packaged by conda-forge |  
                         (main, Mar 20 2024, 12:45:18) [GCC 12.3.0]             
15:20:04-556792 INFO     Submodule initialized and updated.                     
15:20:04-562357 INFO     Installing python dependencies. This could take a few  
                         minutes as it downloads files.                         
15:20:04-563542 INFO     If this operation ever runs too long, you can rerun    
                         this script in verbose mode to check.                  
15:20:04-565226 INFO     Kohya_ss GUI version: v23.0.15                         
15:20:04-567755 INFO     Installing modules from requirements_linux.txt...      
15:20:04-570023 INFO     Installing modules from requirements.txt...            
15:20:04-575680 INFO     Installing package: -e ./sd-scripts                    
15:20:27-118198 INFO     Configuring accelerate...                              
15:20:27-120563 WARNING  Could not automatically configure accelerate. Please   
                         manually configure accelerate with the option in the   
                         menu or with: accelerate config.                       
LAUNCHING KOHYA_SS !
15:20:32-792246 INFO     headless: True                                         

Sorted!

Now you can check the forum without expecting yet another list of errors from me. Cheers for all your work!

• Like 1