Issue with CONNECT Plugin: "Failed to Sync Flash Backup"

Dear UNRAID Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to seek assistance with an issue I've encountered while using the CONNECT plugin on UNRAID.

After installing and configuring the CONNECT plugin, I attempted to use the "Flash Backup" feature. However, regardless of how many times I've tried, I consistently receive the following error message: "Failed to sync flash backup." I have thoroughly reviewed the documentation and checked all settings, but the issue persists.

I have attached relevant log files as an attachment to provide more detailed insights into the root cause of the problem. You can find these log files in the attached documents.

I am using UNRAID version 6.12.4 and the CONNECT plugin version is 2023.09.08.0637.

I am uncertain if anyone else has encountered a similar issue, but I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or guidance on how to resolve this problem.

Thank you for your assistance!

logs.gz

Edited by baoziking

At least for my setup, the problem appears to be on the server (Unraid) side. I inspected:

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.my.servers/include/UpdateFlashBackup.php

which is the script that is executed and found it essentially runs:

git -C /boot push --set-upstream origin master

which for me fails:

root@<host>:/boot# git -C /boot push --set-upstream origin master
fatal: '~/flash.git' does not appear to be a git repository
git-annex-shell: git-shell failed
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.

The same command however does work on another Unraid server I have.

• Upvote 2
On 10/26/2023 at 6:18 AM, ashmckenzie said:

root@<host>:/boot# git -C /boot push --set-upstream origin master
fatal: '~/flash.git' does not appear to be a git repository
git-annex-shell: git-shell failed
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.

If I run this command in /boot:

git remote show -n origin

and output the current origin setting, I get the following:

* remote origin
  Fetch URL: ssh://[email protected]:22/~/flash.git
  Push  URL: ssh://[email protected]:22/~/flash.git
  HEAD branch: (not queried)
  Local ref configured for 'git push' (status not queried):
    (matching) pushes to (matching)

The issue seems to be the structure of the repo address at remote origin.  Either the remote git server is interpreting the tilde character (~) literally and looking for a directory: .../~/, or there is no .git file in the git user home directory at backup.unraid.net. 

It would help to know the full address of the remote origin so that we can manually change the origin and see if that fixes things.

Edited by arstropica

Same. Using latest version of both Unraid and the plugin

Unraid V6.12.4

Connect plugin V2023.09.08.0637

It's a fairly new server, so I didn't have remote access allowed until today. I've enabled that (Dynamic - UPnP) and it connects ok:

image.thumb.png.39c8f47fa38686e1ca91c98825bdd4c4.png

In the Flash backup settings on the management access settings page, Flash backup is activated:

image.png.10094554c68158c0ad7aec74683ee9ee.png

Not sure what's going on. I can't get any further than this. just keep getting "Failed to sync flash backup", and on the Unraid Connect page, the Flash backup page incorrectly says that I haven't got Flash backup activated:

image.png.00a1c2ddf75087eabc0975bf02f19272.png

I tried deactivating Flash backup and activating it again, which didn't help. I then checked the forum and found this thread at the very top, so am guessing there's an issue somewhere!! 

Hi All,

I am sorry that you are still experiencing issues with Unraid Connect.

We're currently in the process of rolling out new Connect improvements that will solve many underlying issues with the system.

We are hoping to ship the vast majority of these features in the next couple of weeks, and once they ship we'll update you to make sure that you know.

Thank you for your patience and hopefully we will resolve this problem for you soon!

• Like 5