Unable to Auto Boot , Manually every time

Go to solution Solved by Atilla0406,

Hi , every-time when i restart my server or unraid is updated and it then advises me to reboot , it does not auto boot unless i manually force boot.  

Motherboard - PRIME B760M-K D4 (Updated Wed 2 Aug 2023)

What I've tried is the following below

1. Disable "Fast Boot" and try again

2. If that doesn't work, in "Settings > Advanced > USB Configuration" set "XHCI Hand-off" to "Disabled" and "Legacy USB Support" to "Auto" and try again

3. If it still doesn't work, try to tweak the booting options to enable UEFI booting/Secure Boot and be sure that you're booting the Unraid USB drive in UEFI mode (rename "EFI-" folder to "EFI").

2 minutes ago, bubbl3 said:

Did you try another bootable USB? Like another drive and/or another OS, or both at the same time. Just to make sure it's a bios issue.

previously i did try alternative usb , also tried ubuntu prior. Unraid server itself has been up and running since December 

Just did a recent reboot , and the message i see before going to bios is "GPT header corruption has been detected, please check SATA mode setting in BIOS Setup, or you can use [Boot Sector (MBR/GPT) Recovery Policy] item under [Boot Configuration] page to recovery GPT header. 

Press F1 to run SETUP"

syslog.txt

Edited by Atilla0406
6 minutes ago, trurl said:

I was wondering how you got a syslog if it wasn't booting, but I see you posted a syslog from way back in December.

Do you have a current flash backup?

sorry i thought it was an updated syslog, I've edited the message with today's syslog. flash backup ? am not sure if i do

Edited by Atilla0406
1 minute ago, trurl said:

Probably should update BIOS but don't know if it would fix this issue. Are there any release notes or other information about the update?

update notes show this 

"This update includes the patch for the LogoFAIL vulnerabilities
Updating this BIOS will simultaneously update the corresponding Intel ME to version 16.1.30.2307v4. Please note after you update this BIOS, the ME version remains the updated one even if you roll back to an older BIOS later."

34 minutes ago, Atilla0406 said:

today's syslog

Do you mean you were able to boot Unraid? Can you get Diagnostics and post them?

34 minutes ago, Atilla0406 said:

flash backup ?

You can always download a zipped backup of your flash drive from your Unraid webUI at Main - Boot Device - Flash - Flash Backup

• Like 1
10 hours ago, trurl said:

I did notice FSCK file on your flash drive, which means some filesystem corruption had been repaired. That is why I asked about flash backup. You should make a backup.

You could try to boot a new install from another flash drive.

So even if the flash drive shows healthy , you would still recommended to try an alternative flash drive?

How do I transfer my license over, in terms of backing up do I then copy over backed up data to the new flash drive