[SOLD OUT] HITACHI Deskstar 5K3000 HDS5C3020ALA632 2TB $89.99

hebens

THANKS!  Just what I've been waiting for.  I went ahead and grabbed one.

I see some pretty poor reviews though.  I've stayed with WD and Samsung drives and had good luck.  Seagate, never again, just my personal experience.  Does anyone know of any reasons to stay clear of this drive for unRAID or is it perhaps recommended?  Just curious.

I've had two of these in my UNRAID since August without a problem.  Pulled one to use for a test, plugged it back in for rebuild and had no issues.

I swore off HITACHI for years because of a box of bad drives I got wholesale, 90% of the IDE connectors were poorly soldered and fell off while swapping them to customer computers.  I RMA'd all the drives without issue but it left a bad taste in my mouth. 

No issues with my new ones and this price is only $10 more than I paid 2 months ago for the same drives on special with a MIR.

Thanks again.  Seems like a great deal and I'm glad to hear people are already using them with good success.  This drive actually works out perfect for me since Lime Technology appears to recommend choosing a few different drive manufacturers if you have the flexibility to do so.  In my case I'll have a Samsung, two WD's, and now a Hitachi. 

Doh!  I would have preferred to have slept in and buy these.  Instead, I got a few of the 2TB Seagate LP drives that Office Depot had for $69.99.

It's funny how dependent on UnRaid my wife has become.  If I mention that we're running low on storage space, it's the one technical purchase that she'll wholeheartedly endorse!