UGreen NAS LED control

Go to solution Solved by ich777,

I would like to request a plugin for UGreen NAS Models.

There is some work already done in GitHub:

https://github.com/miskcoo/ugreen_dx4600_leds_controller

and

https://gist.github.com/Kerryliu/c380bb6b3b69be5671105fc23e19b7e8

Some Nice features would be:

Programmable color for LAN Led: different colors for 100/1000/10000 connections and flashing for activity

Programmable color for HDD Leds: Color of LEDs could be temperature dependent. Solid or Off for HDDS in sleep, Flashing Green for Normal, Orange for hot and  Red for overheating.

• Upvote 2
14 minutes ago, Janis.S said:

Yes I have the DXP4800 Plus (4 Bay) and would like to test it. Thank you very much your efforts

47 minutes ago, DjSni said:

yes i have a 6800 Pro, sure i will test it.

It will take me a few days more and you also would have to upgrade to the latest public beta/RC to test.

I will keep you updated.

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

It will take me a few days more and you also would have to upgrade to the latest public beta/RC to test.

I will keep you updated.

That's not a problem, since this will be my backup NAS I have hardly installed anything yet. Unfortunately I don't have access to beta releases.

6 minutes ago, superimpose said:

All LEDs work - but they can only be set statically. The real network and disk status is not displayed.

Ah got it!

Thanks for the clarification!

As said above, I still have to sort out a few things with the developer from the driver and a public release from the Uneaid beta so that we can test the plugin when it‘s done.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3
8 hours ago, ich777 said:

Ah got it!

Thanks for the clarification!

As said above, I still have to sort out a few things with the developer from the driver and a public release from the Uneaid beta so that we can test the plugin when it‘s done.

Will there also be some love for the DXP480T?

It doesn't have any coloured leds for the disks, but a power led that blinks when running a third party OS.

I appreciate your efforts!

12 minutes ago, BlackBeltJimmy said:

awesome. looking forward for it to be online soon

When the public beta from Unraid on the next branch drops you will see it in the CA App. ;)

I hope that everything is working as expected, as said I have no hardware to test but I think we can figure it out if something is not working.

44 minutes ago, foo_fighter said:

Is there a dependency that requires the beta version of Unraid or can the plugin be installed from a custom path with 6.12.10 for example?

Additional options need to be added to kernel at compile time. They have been added to next release.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, SimonF said:

Additional options need to be added to kernel at compile time. They have been added to next release.

Sorry, one other question. Is this referring to the Kernel Mod extension specifically? Would the command line tool work in previous versions as long as the i2c module is loaded?

1 hour ago, foo_fighter said:

Sorry, one other question. Is this referring to the Kernel Mod extension specifically? Would the command line tool work in previous versions as long as the i2c module is loaded?

Yes for kernal modules. I beleive the plugin is using modules but ich7777 would need to coonfirm

20 hours ago, foo_fighter said:

Would the command line tool work in previous versions as long as the i2c module is loaded?

No at least not how it‘s intended and you would run into conflicts if you run both.

Just wait a bit longer until the public beta drops and you can test it like I mentioned above.

Before you ask, yes, the Kernel module can also change the colors from the leds but that‘s up to you to customize it like you would have it since I provide only the basic functionality.

But again, you have to wait for a public beta since I even don‘t know if it is working or not, I got no such hardware on hand.

Lets test it first and then think aabout customizing it.

22 hours ago, foo_fighter said:

Is there a dependency that requires the beta version of Unraid or can the plugin be installed from a custom path with 6.12.10 for example?

Yes, otherwise I would have released the plugin already for 6.12.10 ;)

• Thanks 1