Influencers Plug-ins-[UNPLUGGED] Support & Download-Sab, CP, Sickbeard, + more!!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Output from the command you asked me to run

root@Backupsvr:~# /etc/rc.d/rc.sickbeard install

Installing latest version of SickBeard...

You must specify a repository to clone.

usage: git clone [options] [--] <repo> [<dir>]

-v, --verbose        be more verbose

-q, --quiet          be more quiet

--progress            force progress reporting

-n, --no-checkout    don't create a checkout

--bare                create a bare repository

--mirror              create a mirror repository (implies bare)

-l, --local          to clone from a local repository

--no-hardlinks        don't use local hardlinks, always copy

-s, --shared          setup as shared repository

--recursive          initialize submodules in the clone

--recurse-submodules  initialize submodules in the clone

--template <template-directory>

directory from which templates will be used

--reference <repo>    reference repository

-o, --origin <branch>

use <branch> instead of 'origin' to track upstream

-b, --branch <branch>

checkout <branch> instead of the remote's HEAD

-u, --upload-pack <path>

path to git-upload-pack on the remote

--depth <depth>      create a shallow clone of that depth

cp: cannot stat `/tmp/Sick-Beard/*': No such file or directory

... OK

I also get the same if i run /etc/rc.d/rc.couchpotato_v2 install

Does that help narrow the issue down?

Server has sat all day and still stuchk at "starting" will leave it until i get feedback but seems i need to remove plg's to get it fully fired up

Output from the command you asked me to run

root@Backupsvr:~# /etc/rc.d/rc.sickbeard install

Installing latest version of SickBeard...

You must specify a repository to clone.

In both sickbeard and couchpotato you need to specify which git repo to clone.  The entry for this setting will not be copied to your config files if they are from a different version of the plugin.  What I did was backup the .cfg files for the plugins (by renaming them .bak).  Then rebooted.  New cfg files were created, and I updated the configuration via the plugin menu in simplefeatures (copying and pasting the configuration from the backups I made), and started the plugins.  This fixed the problem.

OK, that seemed to work. I needed to go into couch and click on install as it showed not installed but then was fine - and it kept its data dir setting. With sick it worked but did not keep its data dir - just reentered the info, all now running and array has started up

So question is do i need to go through all of this every time or should it maintain itself on reboot (i really hope not !)? do i need to do something different so it works each time?

and thanks for the help and input

This was because of a change in the config storage of the plugin, kind of an early adopters tax ;).

You shouldn't have to worry about it again unless Influencer changes the options stored in the config file...even then, I think he's figured out the plugin system enough to know how this happened and MIGHT be able to prevent it in the future.

Minor bug report. This started happening with 2.1 and still happens on 2.2.

SABnzbd plugin creates a file called "sabnzbd.cfg" in \flash\config\plugins\sabnzbd. Your other plugins do not seem to do this.

It only contains:

[misc]

port = 8081

I use port 8080 and everything works, so it seems that the .cfg file it creates is being ignored so it's only a minor bug. I figure this file should stop being created, as it could cause confusion.

The file is created so that the port is consistent. If your data directory is not installed to a drive, the port settings will be persistent.

For example: if you start the plug-in but the sabnzbd.ini doesn't exist, the plug-in saves the port information to /boot/config/plugins/sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini .

Then it will port that information to sabnzbd, which will create the full sabnzbd.ini in the data directory. If the location is persistent, it will only do this once, then will update the full sabnzbd.ini file for now on. If it is not persistent, the plug-in will not lose the port information.

Tybio thanks for the help, same for sureguy.

Hilly, it will keep the information now. Are you using the latest version? I updated them about a week ago to fix the issue you had with the new options.

I'm not sure if the sabnzbd plugin stops properly when running on the default port, but it doesn't running on port 9091 (I assume this would affect any non-default port).  Clicking stop doesn't do anything, nor does running "/etc/rc.d/rc.sabnzbd stop", which generates no useful output.

Modifying the plugin and replacing the following:

$PORT with 9091

PORT=command with PORT=9091 (leaving the PORT= setting in the HTTPS section of sabnzbd_start, as I don't use HTTPS)

results in the plugin stopping properly.

It's not a huge issue, unless you try to stop the array and are running the plugin on a data or cache drive.  Many users will know that a plugin isn't stopping, and investigate, but less advanced users won't.

Influencer - I thought i had the latest but maybe not, maybe it is more than a week since i did an update. Is it best to download them from your hosting location and put them in the plugins folder and reboot or is it ok to use the update button in each of the settings tabs?

After the update i will do a reboot and check if they all come up and also if my array starts ok and feedback

The update button should work fine.

Sureguy, I just double-checked, everything stops fine for me. I changed the port to 9091, verified it was running on 9091, it was, so I pressed stop, it stopped, verified, changed to another non-standard port, same results.

Turned HTTPS on, started fine, verified, pressed stop, verified....

I'm not sure why it's not working for you

What is the "no useful output"? Does it hang on anything in particular?

All updated and reboot

Array did not start straight away, seemed to be hanging, did not leave it to see if it would come up on its own as went to check onh plg's

Couch - was already started

Sab - needed to press start button

Head - needed to press start button

Sick - said not installed - pressed install and it installed and started ok

So all working but not in a consistant way - does that sound right or should they all function in exactly the same way. Not over concerned as i can get them all running but just asking?

Sureguy, I just double-checked, everything stops fine for me. I changed the port to 9091, verified it was running on 9091, it was, so I pressed stop, it stopped, verified, changed to another non-standard port, same results.

Turned HTTPS on, started fine, verified, pressed stop, verified....

I'm not sure why it's not working for you

What is the "no useful output"? Does it hang on anything in particular?

It just returns me to the command line interface.  I don't even get a line that says "Stopping SABnzbd..." followed by "... OK"

If I make the changes listed previously, and run /etc/rc.d/rc.sabnzbd stop I get the the above indicators, and the plugin stops properly.

I have tried running the following and nothing is returned (but I'm not entirely sure I'm copying the appropriate parts of the script):

sed -i 's!port = '"`cat "/mnt/cache/.apps/usenet/sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini" | grep '^port' | awk 'NR==1' | cut -d' ' -f3`"'!port = '"$PORT"'!' "/mnt/cache/.apps/usenet/sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini"
sed -i 's!port = '"`cat /boot/config/plugins/sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini | grep '^port' | awk 'NR==1' | cut -d' ' -f3`"'!port = '"$PORT"'!' /boot/config/plugins/sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini

Running

echo $PORT

after running either of the above lines returns a blank line. 

Hopefully if those work on your system they'll indicate what is causing the issue.

The reason running echo $PORT returns a blank line is because the lines you have c/p actually replace the grepped "port = ####" with "port = $PORT", since your running the line outside of the script, $PORT isn't populated, so its telling sed to replace "port = ####" with "port = "

Running echo $PORT before or after the script will most likely return a blank line, unless the script leaves the variable populated, which I suppose is possible.

What you would want to run to see if the port can be found(after making sure it is set in the sabnzbd.ini now) is a slightly modified portion of that line:

test="`cat "/mnt/cache/.apps/usenet/sab/sabnzbd.ini" | grep '^port' | awk 'NR==1' | cut -d' ' -f3`"
echo $test

That works fine on my system

What it sounds like is $PORT isn't being populated when running rc.sabnzbd stop. For example, if your port is 8081, the very first statement says:

"if /var/run/sabnzbd-$PORT.pid does not exist, exit the script", so "if /var/run/sabnzbd-8081.pid does not exist, exit", which would account for why you don't get to "Stopping Sabnzbd", as that is after the if statement.

What you can do to see whats happening, is replace

sabnzbd_stop()
{
# no-op if not running
if [ ! -r /var/run/sabnzbd/sabnzbd-$PORT.pid ]; then
	return
fi

with

sabnzbd_stop()
{
set -x
# no-op if not running
if [ ! -r /var/run/sabnzbd/sabnzbd-$PORT.pid ]; then
	return
fi

That will tell bash to print out what is happening, including expanding the if statement to show you what $PORT is when being run.

Thanks for the assistance thus far. 

Running the test= command works fine.  Echoing $test shows 9091, which is right.

- Stopped the plugin (with the modified $PORT information, etc)

- ensured the PID was removed

- replaced the stop section in the PLG file with what you provided

- reinstalled the plugin

- started the plugin via simplefeatures

- tried to stop sabnzbd from the command line (/etc/rc.d/rc.sabnzbd stop)

This is the output:

+ '[' '!' -r $'/var/run/sabnzbd/sabnzbd-9091\r.pid' ']'

+ return

Yes the \r.pid shows up every time I run the stop command, I've rebooted as well to verify there wasn't something sticking around in memory.

Plugin from my config file, or the config file from my plugin?  I'm a little confused as to what you would like, but I'll gladly send you whatever files you want.

If you need anything further from the sab not stopping issue I have the same issue starts even tho set to no and will not stop  unless I kill the process or from within the GUI of sab itself. Stop button does nothing and array hangs if I take it offline till I manually kill sab

I had cause to stop and restart my server over the weekend. when it came back the array was stalled in starting and all of the plg's were showing "not installed". different approached for each were needed such as just hitting apply seemed to work for head but couch and sick needed to install button to be hit and then that seemed to be a bit hit and miss - got them all goin g in the end.

I stopped each if them before i shut down

This is ok for me as i just keep playing with them till they get kick started but for others i think this would be an issue. I know i have the latest plg files as i got them to try to address this last week. I would expect all of them to show up as eiather installed and just need starting or for them to be started. The fact they do not allow the array to properly start up means i cannot do what i need to do without messing around with them to get them installed or started (its either that or take them out of the flash, do everything i want and then put them back and reinstall)

So what should i expect to happen and where do i go to leek to see why i am having these issues on restart?

Hopefully will have a short day today, the long hours due to the reorg are over but I had a guy quit so now I'm training his replacement. I'll look into these issues then.

Hilly, can you pm me your email? Your issue seems to be like the others but also seems different in a few ways. I'd like a more direct contact to make communicating quicker so we can figure this out.

Sureguy, I guess I was too tired to connect the dots previously, but the \r is most likely a rogue line ending from windows, it is equal to <CR> in a Dos/Windows formatted file.

You can test this by running

cat sabnzbd_unplugged.plg | sed 's/\r/<CR>/' | less

That will print the entire plugin replacing any \r with <CR>, if there are some, try editing the files in linux, or if using windows edit them with another text editor, I use Notepad ++, set it to UTF-8 instead of ascii.

What are you using to modify the plugin?

Sureguy, I guess I was too tired to connect the dots previously, but the \r is most likely a rogue line ending from windows, it is equal to <CR> in a Dos/Windows formatted file.

You can test this by running

cat sabnzbd_unplugged.plg | sed 's/\r/<CR>/' | less

That will print the entire plugin replacing any \r with <CR>, if there are some, try editing the files in linux, or if using windows edit them with another text editor, I use Notepad ++, set it to UTF-8 instead of ascii.

What are you using to modify the plugin?

Running the above command dumps the contents of the plugin to the screen, I couldn't see anything wrong.  I decided to just re-download the zip of your plugins from github, I extracted the plugin directly from the zip file to the flash drive, and then modified it as before using nano, over a ssh session. 

It still results in the same error.

Alright lets try this sureguy:

PORT=`cat "/mnt/cache/apps/sab/sabnzbd.ini" | grep '^port' | awk 'NR==1' | cut -d' ' -f3`

Replace the path with the path to your sabnzbd.ini, it will be in your data dir.

Post the results of that as well as results of

PORT=`cat "/mnt/cache/apps/sab/sabnzbd.ini" | grep '^port' | awk 'NR==1' | cut -d' ' -f3 | tr -d '\r'`