Influencers Plug-ins-[UNPLUGGED] Support & Download-Sab, CP, Sickbeard, + more!!

Well, just a general thank you!

One thing I've found with the transmission plugin is that any edits I make to the settings.json file don't survive starting the process?!

I've tried editing the file in my user data folder ( for me /mnt/disk1/transmission/ ) as set in the plugin preferences.

I've tried changing the default download folder and also adding folder watch list for integration with Headphones!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You need to stop transmission before you edit the settings.json, otherwise your edits will be overwritten with the previous ones (transmission reads settings.json in memory at start and writes memory to disk on exit).

And ofcourse make sure that settings.json (the data dir) is located on your cachedrive (or any other location under /mnt/ )

You need to stop transmission before you edit the settings.json, otherwise your edits will be overwritten with the previous ones (transmission reads settings.json in memory at start and writes memory to disk on exit).

And ofcourse make sure that settings.json (the data dir) is located on your cachedrive (or any other location under /mnt/ )

Hi Helmonder

Ive tried that, as that what I did with the previous plugin, however if I stop the plugin via the web browser or rc.transmission stop command, once I start the process again it seems to replace my settings.json wth the default :/

I'll test this when I get home, might be an error in the code that checks for the settings.json, if there is it might replace it on restart. Although if memory serves me correctly I put the command in the installation only so it shouldn't affect starting/stopping.

I will look into it this afternoon

As a note, keep the info coming. As I said before, I rarely use torrents for anything so I did limited testing, relying on users to help out in that area. :)

Any chance of an option to not automatically start the plugin in order to deal with the issue of the array not starting properly when running off the array? That way, the user could manually start the plugin after the array is definitely up. Alternatively, maybe an option for a small delay to deal with the same issue (could be a configurable delay).

If you set the plug-in to "disable" it will not install the app on boot. All of the files for the plug-in will be downloaded(if they are already downloaded they will not be re-downloaded), but the app will not install and start.

Is this what your talking about? There's no way to not have the plug-in install on boot, unless you move it from /boot/config/plugins/ or rename it from .plg to anything else.

One catch, when you start the app it enables it, so you'd have to remember to disable before rebooting. As for a delay, its possible, I'd have to look into it. I'd really like to get a "transparent" solution for this, but I've never been able to reproduce the problem for whatever reason.

The best thing to do is change the directories and allow the app to start again. It will create the necessary directories and permissions. Then copy all of the files from the old dir to the new. You may have to run chown afterwards to fix ownership. I would also backup the directories until the move is finished in case anything did happen.

The best thing to do is change the directories and allow the app to start again. It will create the necessary directories and permissions. Then copy all of the files from the old dir to the new. You may have to run chown afterwards to fix ownership. I would also backup the directories until the move is finished in case anything did happen.

Great.. I havn't thought of changing the path before moving the thing.. I'll try that.

thanks.

It is, its a timing issue with when the app starts fuse isn't done mounting the user shares. I've tried fixing it but like I said I've never been able to reproduce the problem so trying to fix it is kind of a shot in the dark. I haven't given up though

Have you tried a simple pause command to stall until the array is up? The duration could be configured in the GUI. Or perhaps check if the directories for the array are present before starting?

Am i the only one having trouble updating headphones..

when updating from headphones console it crashesm when updating from unplugged/unraid web console nothing really happens..

atm. I'm 124 commits behind.

Ok, the in-app update worked for me, it just gets stuck saying "headphones is updating". You can close the window and then go back to headphones and it should be fine(simply refreshing doesn't work because it just starts the update again) You could also click on the headphones logo to go back to the homepage.

The update from the plug-in gui does not work. I'll have a fix for it up shortly.

Thanks for these plugins that just simply work!

Especially thanks for making them work without hanging the array at start/stop time.

Donation sent!

The only small problem I have is Sickbeard does not start at boot time.

I can see the plugin msgs at boot time but the process doesn't start.

I have to go into the Unraid Web gui and press start.

Any Ideas?

Configuration Options set

Enable Sickbeard  = yes

Install = /usr/local/sickbeard

Data = /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeard

nobody

Show Storage Yes

Force Update on Start = No

@Madhouse, can you test the plug-in for me? Updating from the plug-in GUI should be fixed. If anyone else wants to test they are welcome, I've tested and it worked for me.

Headphones test

@zoltran, Can you send your syslog? I doubt it will provide me with any good information but it might. When you say you can see the messsages at boot time are you looking at a console connected to your server? If so can you tell me the messages it provided for sickbeard?

Transmission now saves settings!  :D

For info tried adding the watch-dir string into settings.json but it crashes the process on start... It would be handy to have for torrent integration into Sickbeard / Headphones but I'm guessing its an issue with the Transmission version?

Watch-dir should work, I'll test it out here and see. What did you put as your watch-dir? Also make sure the watch-dir can be accessed by transmission, you'll need to check the permissions for the directory.

EDIT: Just tested, the setting works fine(presuming the directory is read/write accessible to transmission)

One thing to watch, if you are adding the settings to the end of the file, make sure that all lines before the last line have a comma after them. If not transmission will not start.

Example:

"rpc-whitelist-enabled": false, 
    "scrape-paused-torrents-enabled": true, 
    "script-torrent-done-enabled": false, 
    "script-torrent-done-filename": "", 
    "seed-queue-enabled": false, 
    "seed-queue-size": 10, 
    "speed-limit-down": 100, 
    "speed-limit-down-enabled": false, 
    "speed-limit-up": 100, 
    "speed-limit-up-enabled": false, 
    "start-added-torrents": true, 
    "trash-original-torrent-files": false, 
    "umask": 18, 
    "upload-slots-per-torrent": 14, 
    "utp-enabled": true,
    "watch-dir": "/mnt/cache/apps/transmission/watch/", 
    "watch-dir-enabled": true

Am i the only one having trouble updating headphones..

when updating from headphones console it crashesm when updating from unplugged/unraid web console nothing really happens..

atm. I'm 124 commits behind.

Ok, the in-app update worked for me, it just gets stuck saying "headphones is updating". You can close the window and then go back to headphones and it should be fine(simply refreshing doesn't work because it just starts the update again) You could also click on the headphones logo to go back to the homepage.

The update from the plug-in gui does not work. I'll have a fix for it up shortly.

for some reason it worked this time..

only thing left is to thank you for these awesome plugins. :)

I'm confident that the plug-in is running smoothly, anything else will most likely be small fixes and updates, so I'll move this to the master branch. Be sure to update so the plug-in gui update works as well, :)

One thing I'd love to add is options for all of the settings in the settings.json, only issue is the way the form is passed to the script limits the number of options to 9. I need to look at writing a different form to pass these options, just haven't had time yet.

Minor feature request: a link from the unraid GUI (preferably simplefeatures) to the sab/sick/etc webgui. Based on the plugin settings, it should know what the URLs are (or you could enter them manually). Could be located under the "utils" tab or simply within each plugin's settings page.

Would save the trouble of bookmarking them all and make it all feel more integrated. I suppose maraschino does this to an extent.

Archived