Influencers Plug-ins-[UNPLUGGED] Support & Download-Sab, CP, Sickbeard, + more!!

i appreciate it and love the work youve done. i dont recall but think i could never get it to update via the app either. i'll check when i get the chance. it's probably just something wrong with my setup if it is.

I just tested, it worked for me. Give it a try and let me know.

I'm will also add the libz package to get rid of those errors.

In addition, I've moved Maraschino plug-in to the master branch, I haven't heard of any bugs with it so it should be considered stable.

it seems to update within the program just fine but i have to reupdate everytime my server is restarted.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is because shutting down the server wipes out the install. Sickbeard generates a version.txt that it uses for its version(this text file includes the sha-1 of the repo). Its a really odd way to do it, and it only generates the file when the update is ran.

hi all!  i'm a happy sab and sb user but currently running these on my main pc.  i have an unraid server up and running for about half a year, and i think its time to start migrating these progs over... i keep my server up 24 7 but prefer to have my pc off, therefore i'm only currently downloading only when pc is on.

can i ask an initial question based on the above quote?  every two months or so my server locks up and i can only fix it by doing a hard power down (i know not ideal but i'm trying to troubleshoot!)  My question is- if i reboot the server does it mean i need to reinstall sb and sab each and everytime?  and also config, change settings, etc each time?  i'm not sure my system is stable enough for that!

If you have a cache drive all of your settings and config will be saved(as long as you set the data directory to the cache drive). the apps themselves will be reinstalled every boot IF you leave the install directory as default(which is in ram). The plug-in will do this by itself without user intervention. I do this so that every boot I know I'm getting the newest version.

If you are worried about it not being stable enough, you can set the install directory to the cache drive as well and they will not be reinstalled(as they are already there).

I moved the plug-ins to their own "sub-menu" on the settings page to clean things up a bit. Also moved mylar to master, I had a chance to test it finally.

Update via your normal means, don't feel rushed to do so, like I said, minor changes!

Just updated and it works well.  I like the change.

Hello all,  I am a longtime sab and sickbeard user (on my windows pc) and a fairly new unraid user.  I’ve had my unraid server up and running for about 6 months, and have a couple of plugins running right off the server (such as airvideo, awesome to stream videos while main pc is off!).  I’d like to move my sickbeard and sab installs over to the server so I don’t need my main pc up and running all the time for downloads.  My pc is kind of a monster setup so its power hungry to have on all the time, while my unraid server is on 24/7 so it kind of makes sense to have it there.  im currently on 5.12 and have a 80gb ssd cache drive.

I’ve read a lot of this thread, and the wiki and instructions on influencers github, but I’m still a little lost on the setup instructions.  I know how to copy the plugins to the config/plugin directory on the flash, and I am pretty sure I will be able to launch with putty commands.  But from there, the instructions for step number 3 just say ‘(paraphrasing) Sab is easy to setup, there will be a menu on initial launch’

I’m a bit lost, can I ask some q’s?

-after launching the plugin from telnet, where do I ‘go’ to setup sab?

-there’s  a lot of discussion about installing some things to the usr/local dir, and some to the cache drive… I have no idea when or how I do this?

-I’d really like to keep my pc install for a short while, so that I can copy my existing sab and sb settings into the server install sab and sb…. On my pc, everything is working perfectly so I want to replicate as close as I can

-I currently use my dropbox folder as my ‘watched’ folder… will this be a problem if I migrate to unraid?

Basically I’m a bit lost on what to do after the plugins are launched through telnet… can anyone help a newb?

On the unraid webgui you go to settings and click the Sab icon. From there you set what port to run on, the install and data directories, and run as user.

After setting that you click apply to save your settings and start Sab. You then access it the same way you do on your pc. Enter the server name and port, for instance Tower:8082 . There will also be a link on the settings page to your Sab install.

Same for the other plugins. It's a lot simpler than it sounds. We are here to help when you go to set it up.

On the unraid webgui you go to settings and click the Sab icon. From there you set what port to run on, the install and data directories, and run as user.

After setting that you click apply to save your settings and start Sab. You then access it the same way you do on your pc. Enter the server name and port, for instance Tower:8082 . There will also be a link on the settings page to your Sab install.

Same for the other plugins. It's a lot simpler than it sounds. We are here to help when you go to set it up.

ahh okay that does sound simpler... I should have probably guessed as that's how i had to config airvideo... i suppose it wouldn't hurt to have the above in the install wiki though either!

thanks again, i'll prob be back begging for more help! ;)

oops already having trouble...

-what do others do for a watched folder?  i used to use my dropbox folder, which worked well as i could drop nzb in from various computers, and then sab would pick them up.  can i have the same functionality when running off unraid?  the problem seems to be that i don't know how to add the dropbox folder relative to unraid...

any help appreciated!

Hey influencer thanks for the current plugins they are great. I was just wondering would you ever think of providing updates to the transmission plugin? Someone is releasing patches in another thread but he said that it would be better maybe if you could carry on.

Cheers marvel

Yeah second all of the above statements! Your plugins are a ream to install and update, and lso if you could turn your hand to Transmission that would be brilliant!!

It's definitely been requested, I've planned on checking it out but haven't had time to look at it. I'll get to it. I've stalled further development with anticipation of 5 going final. I've got a feeling I'm going to be providing a lot of support when it does so I've been trying to squash some of the bugs that people have when not using a "standard" setup.

This is because shutting down the server wipes out the install. Sickbeard generates a version.txt that it uses for its version(this text file includes the sha-1 of the repo). Its a really odd way to do it, and it only generates the file when the update is ran.

oh duh. i knew that. but it still doesn't install the latest whenever i restart my server. the plugin always installs an (increasingly) older version.

Can't tell if that was a annoyed uh duh or a "oops" uh duh, :P

But either way not sure why it would install an older version, the plugin pulls the atom feed and grabs the latest, ill check to make sure its doing so correctly. Only way that'd break is if github changed how they format the feed.

Can't tell if that was a annoyed uh duh or a "oops" uh duh, :P

But either way not sure why it would install an older version, the plugin pulls the atom feed and grabs the latest, ill check to make sure its doing so correctly. Only way that'd break is if github changed how they format the feed.

it was a little of both. "oops" that i knew that and forgot and "annoyed" that i can't believe i forgot that. :)

maybe it's just me for some reason as i dont see anyone else with the issue but ever since ive been using it it seems to always install the same outdated version.

hi influencer just wanted to close off with a final 'thanks' for the sickbeard and sab plugins.  got them installed configured and working with only very minor issues considering i'm quite a newb!  thanks for your awesome work

can i tack on a quick and minor question?  on the sickbeard web gui, there's a big banner on mine that literally says "I can't tell what version you have until you upgrade- upgrade now" and then there is a link i presume you click to upgrade.  i also see there's an upgrade button in the unraid settings interface... so i'm not which i should use?  does it matter?

any advice?

Doesn't really matter which you use. The update on the plug-in gui is from when the updates weren't reliable or didn't exist in-app. I should remove it from the plug-in for sickbeard as it creates a version.txt file that it uses for the version. The file only gets created if updated in-app so upgrading from the plug-in will not remove that banner on the webgui of sickbeard.

Bobbintb, can you send me your sickbeard cfg file from /boot/config/plugins/sickbeard/. Its odd that it wants to download an old version.

Influencer..

Love your plugins.. but I'm having the same trouble as kevlar.. CP seems to block my start up. I'm posting this now because I lost power and when it came back on an hour ago, my server rebooted.. but no apps, and no GUI.

I telnetted in and these three processes are noticeable...

root      9232  0.0  0.0   2616  1172 ?        S    10:57   0:00 /bin/bash /usr/local/sbin/emhttp_event disks_mounted
root      9234  0.0  0.0   2612  1144 ?        S    10:57   0:00 /bin/bash /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/couchpotato_v2/event/disks_mounted disks_mounted
root      9235  0.0  0.0   2792  1364 ?        S    10:57   0:00 /bin/sh /etc/rc.d/rc.couchpotato_v2 start

Normally I kill all 3 and the array starts and the GUI works again, but no apps.. today I just killed the rc.couchpotato_v2 start and the other apps start properly - so it's something in CP blocking the rest of the startup.

When I try and start CP manually (rc.couchpotato_v2 start) I get the following because it's not installed properly...

# /etc/rc.d/rc.couchpotato_v2 start
Installing latest version of CouchPotato v2...
git: /usr/lib/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by git)
Cloning into couchpotato...
fatal: failed to open '/usr/local/couchpotato/objects': No such file or directory
... OK
Starting CouchPotato v2: sudo -u nobody python /usr/local/couchpotato/CouchPotato.py --daemon --config_file /boot/config/plugins/couchpotato_v2/settings.conf --pid_file /var/run/couchpotato_v2/couchpotato_v2.pid
python: can't open file '/usr/local/couchpotato/CouchPotato.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
^C

And sure enough, the directory /usr/local/couchpotato is empty.

So it appears that CP is supposed to be installed when I start the app, but it's not. is that "no version info available" error stopping git from getting the code? Either way, I'm not sure how to get CP running again.

Cheers,

whiteatom

No, the no version available doesn't stop it. And killing the couchpotato_v2 will allow other apps to complete because the "emhttp_event" and the couchpotato_v2 event are waiting for the couchpotato_v2 process to finish, once it finishes the couchpotato_v2 event ends and emhttp_event continues to load the rest of the plug-ins.

Can you type

git --version

curl --version

Post the output of both.

Archived