We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Influencers Plug-ins-[UNPLUGGED] Support & Download-Sab, CP, Sickbeard, + more!!

Yes, because of the name "any_drive_mount" it will install before sickbeard and sab.

actually the moment of installation is not the problem. my plugin will mount the drive at the time of installation, but all other plugins only need the mounted drives at the time of array-start (since at that time, the app of the plugins will be started).

so it doesn't matter, what the plugin is called and in which order they are installed. ;)

i'd guess, that the snap plugin mounts the drives at the array-start, so it's possible, that the drive isn't mounted, when an app wants to access it.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all.  I'm currently using sabnzbd and sickbeard by prostuff.  But I did use influencer's couchpotato.  There's a difference.  Influencer's update itself.  While the existing i'm using doesn't.  Is it possible to install influencer's sab and sickbeard over exiting plugins by prostuff?  I will be installing it to the same directory.  Will this keep the configurations search results and queue?

Thanks in advance.

as long as you point the new plugins to the same data directories, all your configuration etc. will be kept. (to be save, make a backup ;) )

make sure, to disable/uninstall the old plugins

note: sabnzbd has no auto-update. but there is an update button on the plugin page. sickbeard has an auto-update, but it needs to be enabled in the sickbeard config.

"note: sabnzbd has no auto-update. but there is an update button on the plugin page. sickbeard has an auto-update, but it needs to be enabled in the sickbeard config."

Hello Benni-Chan,

When you say sab has an update button, you mean it's in the page where sab lists all the queue?  I can see it there.  Or do you mean in unraid's page?

Thank you

it's on the unraid webgui on the sabnzbd settings page. (it's only visible, if there is an update)

sabnzbd will notify you, that there is an update available (if there is an update, the message should be on the queue page on the top left). but sabnzbd expects you, to update manually.

that's why we've built an update button on our plugin page.

currently, there seems to be a little bug: the update button is visible all the time

Now that you mention it, I know exactly where that bug is. The thought didn't even cross my mind when adding the beta functionality back.

Sorry I've not been around a lot lately. Holidays are busy and I've been spending as much time with the family as possible on my time off.

Thanks to benni Chan and overbyrn for the help!

please update the version number with every update - 5 days ago a commit was made dealing with /tmp/checkconfig and there is now some error throw up on the console during boot about /tmp/checkconfig, and I didnt know anything got changed as the version stayed at 2.4......

Myk

How did you increase your low mem allocation?  with just SF, Sab and Sick running I am down to 22mb, and parity check can be 50/50 to invoike the oom-killer - I do have 14 drives and 1 cache drive in the system.

Thanks

Myk

I have come across memory issues when running YAMJ. At certain points during the scan of the movies YAMJ Java requires a burst of memory allocation that is not ready/free for use (cached). I increased the min_free_kbytes (which is !!! very low !!! in unRAID - and also solved a VirtualBox communications out-of-memory) and activated a swap file. These steps have solved my problem.

I am not using and am not familiar with sickbeard so don't know if it is the same problem.

Do you have a swapfile/swap partition enabled?

Post your syslog.

please update the version number with every update - 5 days ago a commit was made dealing with /tmp/checkconfig and there is now some error throw up on the console during boot about /tmp/checkconfig, and I didnt know anything got changed as the version stayed at 2.4......

Myk

Point taken, with new people committing it was overlooked...

But what was the error? The only change was the config being written got moved to before the config check, if you already had a config you would not have been affected at all by the bug or the fix.

Another alternative to snap is using Benni-Chans mount drive plug-in. You can search the Plug-in forum for it. Since it runs on the plug-in system it should work out better for use with other plug-ins since it loads at the same time vs SNAP's unconventional loading... SNAP loads from commands in the GO file, which is one of the last components to run when unraid is booting up. This is the main issue with using SNAP with plug-ins.

Hi Influencer. Your advise on using Benni's plugin instead of SNAP worked a treat.  I now have a spare 300Gb drive with your sickbeard and Sabnzdb plugins running perfectly.

Thanks heaps. 

Yes, because of the name "any_drive_mount" it will install before sickbeard and sab.

actually the moment of installation is not the problem. my plugin will mount the drive at the time of installation, but all other plugins only need the mounted drives at the time of array-start (since at that time, the app of the plugins will be started).

so it doesn't matter, what the plugin is called and in which order they are installed. ;)

i'd guess, that the snap plugin mounts the drives at the array-start, so it's possible, that the drive isn't mounted, when an app wants to access it.

Hi Benni. 

Posted in your original thread regarding drive mount plugin.  Thanks.  Perfect once added the drive to smb_conf.

Cheers.

Rob

Hi Influencer I seem to be having the same issue as maxse back on page 81 whereby I cannot get couchpotato installed/running. Are there any known issues that might be contributing to this? I have stopped trying to put the data folder in the CP root folder but still no luck.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I am trying to install to /mnt/disk2/Applications/CouchPotato as I am currently not using a cache drive. Data directory is set to /mnt/disk1/Downloads

Thanks

If you tried to put the data directory in the install directory at any point in time you must manually remove that directory and then try to start again. The data directory is created when starting and since the install directory is now not empty git will not clone the branch.

That does remind me I need to change that, was trying to remember last night but couldnt

Thanks for the correction. The issue with snap is it uses the go file to start the process. The go file runs after the plugins install but can afaik run at the same time the array is starting, and the snap command can run at anytime depending on how quickly the other commands finish

Influencer, do you think you can add LazyLibrarian to the mix?  This user made a plugin, but everything was last updated 6 months ago: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=20494.msg181730#msg181730

Here is the sabnzbd thread: http://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9987.  The project has been taken over by another user and his github is here: https://github.com/LibrarianMike/LazyLibrarian

Archived