unRAID Server Release 5.0-rc10 Available

limetech

Just upgraded from rc8a to rc10 - everything seems to work fine (NewPermissions still running).

NIC is an AR8131 chip.

atl1c 0000:02:00.0: version 1.0.1.0-NAPI

atl1c 0000:02:00.0: irq 42 for MSI/MSI-X

atl1c 0000:02:00.0: atl1c: eth0 NIC Link is Up<1000 Mbps Full Duplex>

Keep up the good job Tom!

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is much more I can write about my opinion of Realtek's linux support.  Let me just say that I no longer have any motherboards around with Realtek NIC's and we will probably never again offer any motherboards with Realtek NIC's in any new server product moving forward, 'nuff said.

Hey, at long last!

See my post, here.

I don't see anything in the release notes about this, but I assume the Samba version in use here in RC10 is the same as in the previous release candidates?  Some of us were having trouble with it and updated to 3.6.8, and I'm wondering if I should disable that from my Go script when I update or not.

I don't see anything in the release notes about this, but I assume the Samba version in use here in RC10 is the same as in the previous release candidates?  Some of us were having trouble with it and updated to 3.6.8, and I'm wondering if I should disable that from my Go script when I update or not.

Yes, remove it from your Go file. Starting with RC9, it has the newer samba version 3.6.10

Upgraded successfully from rc8a to rc10.  Realtek RTL8168F/8111F NIC working fine.

Jan 13 09:29:19 Landfill kernel: r8168 Gigabit Ethernet driver 8.035.00-NAPI loaded (System)

Jan 13 09:29:19 Landfill kernel: r8168 0000:03:00.0: irq 42 for MSI/MSI-X

Jan 13 09:29:19 Landfill kernel: eth%%d: RTL8168F/8111F at 0xf8422000, 50:46:5d:a0:99:b0, IRQ 42

Thanks for all the hard work!

Just now the web interface got stuck ( simplefeatures) and i couldnt get it restarted, nor could i use the reboot and powerdown commands, had no effect, so i had to reset it through IPMI...

That causes the system to restart and started a parity check, which was ridiculously slow... 10 to 25 MB/s... on rc5 i typically get 90 to 110 MB/s, so i stopped the parity check.

I keep an eye on it, if the system gets unresponsive again, or shows extremely slow parity or transfer rates, its going back to rc5...

Just now the web interface got stuck ( simplefeatures) and i couldnt get it restarted, nor could i use the reboot and powerdown commands, had no effect, so i had to reset it through IPMI...

That causes the system to restart and started a parity check, which was ridiculously slow... 10 to 25 MB/s... on rc5 i typically get 90 to 110 MB/s, so i stopped the parity check.

I keep an eye on it, if the system gets unresponsive again, or shows extremely slow parity or transfer rates, its going back to rc5...

were you not able to manually stop the array from CLI?

How is that done? Usually if i have to restart by hand i use the powerdown -r command, but that did not do anything.

If you have not installed the "clean powerdown" add-on, the powerdown command depends on the emhttp web-server to be able to stop the array.  If it has crashed (as evidenced by no response from the web-management page) the stock powerdown command will do nothing.

There are commands in the wiki to cleanly stop the array. 

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Console#To_cleanly_Stop_the_array_from_the_command_line

You'll get little assistance running with add-ons, as it as likely as anything you ran your server out of memory and the kernel killed idle processes in an attempt to free memory.  I strongly suggest you run with no add-ons in your initial tests of rc10.  Your poor performance might have been due to the concurrent parity check.      I would not have cancelled it without looking in the syslog for errors first.

Joe L.

Download not working for me. Is it working for everyone else?

Yeah, I am getting a 404 error when trying to access the download page. Sunday @ 3:45pm

Edit: I am actually getting a 404 for all of the pages except the main page.

Edit 2: I am also getting the 404 errors on multiple browsers. Is the server under maintenance?

My observation is that emhttp once in while doesn't close the TCP session and stays in a CLOSE_WAIT state, this prevents any new connections to be established.

You can verify this by issueing the command: netstat -nope

I am not sure why it is happening..

Btw have you also the web server plugin installed ?

Download not working for me. Is it working for everyone else?

Same here. Just getting:

404 Not Found

The resource requested could not be found on this server!