What do you want in a custom unRAID package (BubbaRaid)

bubbaQ

- a simple way to export syslog (by just pressing a button),

The export of a "syslog" can be done from a link on the "Syslog" page in unMENU. 

It will  upload your syslog to an appropriately dated text file on your computer.

Joe L.

A nice feature of this export is that it removes the user's name from the exported copy!  (Normally the syslog has the name of the registered user included).  If you are going to post a syslog, this is the best way to get it.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As for security on the unRAID interface, as I posted before, all you have to do is out a passwd on root.... but you will have to do it after every reboot.

???

Sure?

My root does have password (I can see that if use the console since it needs login password, and/or cat /etc/passwd) and I don't add it on every reboot (because as you've already seen, unRAID forces its own passwd file anyway - which does have my root with password).

Even then, I am talking about a simple login to get to basic page, as base-unRAID does.

- a simple way to export syslog (by just pressing a button),

The export of a "syslog" can be done from a link on the "Syslog" page in unMENU. 

It will  upload your syslog to an appropriately dated text file on your computer.

Joe L.

I know - and unMENU has a thousand other niceties too.

I am waiting for integration with BubbaRAID.

Is the line to the server still down?

No.  See if you can go to this link:

http://www.tcpatools.com/bubba/

You should get a "Forbidden" message.  That will show that the server is alive, and you can get to it.

Even then, I am talking about a simple login to get to basic page, as base-unRAID does.

Check the documentation for lighttpd, for http-authentication.  That will show you how to do it.

Soon.

Check the documentation for lighttpd, for http-authentication.  That will show you how to do it.

Soon.

1. I am sure there is a way, but shouldn't it be the default?

2. Great. :)

(btw in my wishlist post #495, I forgot to add: a way to configure which services startup and which do not - editing to include this now)

Is the line to the server still down?

No.  See if you can go to this link:

http://www.tcpatools.com/bubba/

You should get a "Forbidden" message.  That will show that the server is alive, and you can get to it.

Hmmm..I can get to it. Is there something in BubbaRAID that I might have turned off that needs to be on for the update to work? I am going to upgrade the ol' fashion way for the moment though.

config\go  is still you go script, and where you should make changes.

DO NOT MODIFY those other two... they are saved files to be used in the event of a disaster recovery.

In general, you should not be changing any files in /boot/bubba.  The files that are changeable by the user, are symlinked to their normal home locations on the root filesystem.

config\go  is still you go script, and where you should make changes.

but AFTER he "enable_bubba"! (of course in the case of upgrade it is already ok)

(else he will edit the "before" go script)

I just noticed that AFTER I edited the file. Of course now I have some sort of unRAID meltdown...why oh why is there always something.....After my conventional upgrade none of the bubbaRAID web pages are working, but my unRAID page re-ported by bubbaRAID is. Using putty to login and I can't even view the /etc or /boot directories. Oh well...just venting not looking for help troubleshooting. I'll work on that now.

You should see that there ISN'T a newer version.

Except what bubba writes right above, are you sure your unRAID "sees" Internet?

Is DNS set correctly on your unRAID?

...as for your original problem, just start fresh. Delete all Bubba stuff, copy the original 4.4.2 files on your stick - try and boot with this once and if it works (it should), shut it down and OFFLINE install bubbaRAID on the stick (including doing the "enable_bubba" on your windows machine).

I have 4.4.2. Any idea why it can not identify it?

Are you sure your unRAID box can can get to my server (/bubba)?

Is there a ping command in linux I can run from the console to see?

Okay so I pinged it from my putty session on the unRAID box with an average response of 105ms.

My even bigger problem is that my flash drive often just disappears. When I cd to /boot and do a "ls" command I get nothing. Access the flash via the network shows what appears to be an empty drive. The phpinfo page ceases to function. The app pages appear to function, but they do not load up their configuration files in the edit box. If I am in the /etc directory "ls" functions properly.

Sorry to be such a pain :(

You can never be the pain I was. :P

Your problems are not there when you use plain 4.4.2?

I did not access the flash much thru the network under plain unRAID. So I can not be positive, although I did access it enough to know I never saw a blank drive. I guess I need to undo bubba RAID and do a burn in test and see what happens.

You can never be the pain I was. :P

Your problems are not there when you use plain 4.4.2?

I did not access the flash much thru the network under plain unRAID. So I can not be positive, although I did access it enough to know I never saw a blank drive. I guess I need to undo bubba RAID and do a burn in test and see what happens.

I would do a couple of non-quick formats under windows, then install 4.4.2 and use it for a couple hours.  After that and it seems to be working correctly install BubbaRaid on it and see what happens.

Archived