What do you want in a custom unRAID package (BubbaRaid)

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What else is different in .12? Is it just slimserver or did s2ram and poweroff make it in there?

Just slimserver.  s2ram and poweroff will be soon.

Dang...I was just getting ready to test for s2RAM. BTW if I do not want to start nzbget and rtorrent on startup is it best to comment them out of the rc.bubba file?

BTW, as of BubbaRaid 0.0.11 and later, there is a link on the BubbaRaid portal (home page) in the top right, to check for upgrade.

This will invoke the background downloader (with a progress meter on the dashboard, so you can go do other things) and when it is finished, you can install the upgrade within BubbaRaid itself.  So no more copying to the flash manually.

I can't seem to get the wtorrent interface to play nice.  When i try to start a torrent it tells me that it is started correctly but nothing happens.

Are you using all the default settings?

Did you make the appropriate directories on /mnt/disk1?

Does rTorrent show as running on the dashboard?

I can't seem to get the wtorrent interface to play nice.  When i try to start a torrent it tells me that it is started correctly but nothing happens.

Are you using all the default settings?

Did you make the appropriate directories on /mnt/disk1?

Does rTorrent show as running on the dashboard?

I am using the default settings setting with the exception of a few things like upload speed, port number, and the like.

The correct directories remain from when i was running a previous version of unraid and BubbRaid (4.3.3 and 0.0.7 respectively).

rtorrent shows as running on the dashboard and the wtorrent interface shows up and "appears" like it wants to work.  I can go as far starting the torrent but as soon as i refresh the page the torrent has stopped.

picture1on4.th.jpg

bubba this looks like my case

prostuff the solution for now is to delete the torrent from inside wtorrent (will not delete the files, just the .torrent) and RE-add it, again using the wtorrent interface (I don't trust the auto folder yet, as it controls when torrents start and stop, so just add the torrent using the proper button)

seemed like a permission issue, but I didn't see any weird permissions when I checked...

btw bubba... were is the upgrade you described in the mail? (by the phrasing I thought it was published already)

New version of BubbaRaid - 0.0.13

Download link is in OP, or you can use the link on the BubbaRaid portal (home page) in the top right, to check for upgrade.

This version fixes a missing symlink for the rTorrent config file, and improves the slimserver install/launching process.

If you have made modifications to the rtorrent config file (/root/.rtorrent.rc) you need to save those changes manually and put them back after the upgrade.

...ok getting ready for 0.0.15, maybe it's time to add my personal wishlist:

- SoftSqueeze... is it there already? (I wouldn't know since I haven't managed to see slimserver working yet)

- ACPITool stuff to work be default (CPU scaling)

- unMENU and co. (and in an ideal world some nice partnership-cooperation between those two)

- security for bubbaRAID panel (oh oh!) ...since it uses normal unRAID passwd file, why not use those credentials?

- some way to stream video too

- safe powerdown using the power button (this is a MUST for me and my 9 months old son)

- ...and in the and make the whole thing more beautiful to the eyes (although being the rider of a BMW R1200GS I am always of the "function over form" idea)

SoftSqueeze - appears to be there... part of slimserver.  Go to  http://tower:9000/html/softsqueeze/webstart.html

Acpitool is already there.  YOU have to decide what driver to use and put the modprobe command in your go script.

I will add unMenu soon.

Yes, you can put a passwd on root using the passwd command.

I would try softsqueeze, you know when :) when my slimserver finally works. :P

acpitool I know it's there - I am waiting for a nice way to integrate it (what I call "stupid-proof") using a script or something.

As for passwd - I am talking about adding a login in your main page. It's now quite a vulnerability, using default port and no login.

First, let's debug slimserver install and rtorrent issue please.

SoftSqueeze - appears to be there... part of slimserver.  Go to  http://tower:9000/html/softsqueeze/webstart.html

Acpitool is already there.  YOU have to decide what driver to use and put the modprobe command in your go script.

I will add unMenu soon.

Yes, you can put a passwd on root using the passwd command.

I would try softsqueeze, you know when :) when my slimserver finally works. :P

acpitool I know it's there - I am waiting for a nice way to integrate it (what I call "stupid-proof") using a script or something.

As for passwd - I am talking about adding a login in your main page. It's now quite a vulnerability, using default port and no login.

First, let's debug slimserver install and rtorrent issue please.

What seems to be the problem with your slimserver?

I had a problem a little while ago with slimserver.  do some searching through this thread and you should be able to get slimserver working.  I am running .0.0.12 and slimserver seems to be working fine.  I had to install the slimserver user by hand and do a chmod 777 on the slimserver folder along with my music folder.  After that it worked fine.

I am going to update to the current version of BubbaRaid tonight and see what happens.

The only issue i have right now is that unraid_notify does not seemt o be working correctly, even though it appears i have the correct settings.  Have to mess with that a little more and figure out what is going on.

The thing is why add the user by hand and do the chmod if the system is supposed to do it.

We need to debug this.

My unraid_notify works btw...

(btw since you talk about searching the thread... how nice would it be if Tom could actually add a search in thread function... but we cannot seem to fix the "Restore" button in unRAID, so I don't expect such a... major change in the forum)

The thing is why add the user by hand and do the chmod if the system is supposed to do it.

We need to debug this.

My unraid_notify works btw...

Agree about the slimserver thing but sometimes stuff happens.  It can be fixed and i know Bubba is trying to get this stuff figured out.  I am not familiar enough with linux/unix system to be of much help, but i have no adversity to trying.

Just out of curiosity, what smtp server are you using?  I guess more generically, what kind of e-mail address are you using (gmail, aol, cox cable, timewarner, etc)?

(btw since you talk about searching the thread... how nice would it be if Tom could actually add a search in thread function... but we cannot seem to fix the "Restore" button in unRAID, so I don't expect such a... major change in the forum)

When viewing a thread, if I use the search at the top it only seems to search that thread. To search the entire forum I have to be at the root of the forum.

;)

no thanks

This was a joke.  Hope it came across that way.  I am not suggesting that X become part of bubbaRAID.

I have been following this thread closely.  BubbaQ has been doing an amazing job pushing out release after release. 

I had it running on a test sever under 4.3.3 but had some array issues unrelated to bubbaRAID and never picked it back up.  Once it looks like there is a stable release, I plan on installing it again.

Would you suggest installing v13, or waiting a bit longer for these permission issues with Slimserver to get ironed out?  (Slimserver would be the first thing I'd like to get working).

Thanks!