What do you want in a custom unRAID package (BubbaRaid)

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is indeed ok.

My rtorrent config was not ok but I suppose this was problem of the last beta, right? (will verify with a reboot)

I have a weird problem, that wasn't there in the previous r/wtorrent setup. Three of my torrents did not start seeding; manually starting them was reported successful but checking again I see them stopped. Only those three. I start one and by the time I click the second and the screen refreshes, the first is already stopped again. Any ideas? (anybody?)

Also I had created an extra wtorrent user before the update, that is not existent after the update (bubba?), so now I logged in using default bubba/raid... could this be related?

I don't really care about that (although it might be something to look for future updates), what is more serious is what happened to those torrents and they don't start. I even rehashed them, show 100%, but still same thing. I am not sure where to look.

On an even more serious note, email notify does not work. File edited ok, service restarted. Shows success in the test mail, but I don't get anything.

In fact I am using a completely different unraid notify script... I am sending you through email.

Indeed with screen the interface showed up.

BUT

I checked one of those torrents and it showed as "OPEN". So I pressed ^s for it to start. This was the last time I saw rtorrent screen refresh. I am frozen in the console since then, not knowing what to do.

e-mail notifification is there.

Safe powerdown and unmenu are not (yet).

This is a *beta* folks.... not a release candidate!  We are not even to a 1.0 release yet!

Ok, sorry I misunderstood the thread's first post, I thought that was the "is included now" list, and you were asking for suggestions for additional stuff. To install it so your startup script calls it correctly, just make a folder in bubba called unmenu and place all the files there?

Thanks a bunch, this is great stuff!!

Jonathan

As a follow-up to the issue with my three torrents. It was fixed by deleting the torrents (not the files, the .torrent) and re-adding them.

Also the issue with the frozen refresh is because tty uses ^s and ^q for itself. Easily fixed if you read the RTorrentUserGuide (which is in fact a very small page).

BTW bubbaRAID uses rtorrent 0.8.3/0.12.3 which is an unstable release (not even the latest) - latest is .4 and latest stable is .2.

Indeed with screen the interface showed up.

BUT

I checked one of those torrents and it showed as "OPEN". So I pressed ^s for it to start. This was the last time I saw rtorrent screen refresh. I am frozen in the console since then, not knowing what to do.

This is one of the bad things about rtorrent.

it uses ^s to start a torrent which is also a screen flow control to stop current data from being printed.

The proper toggle is ^q which can also be interpreted as quit by rtorrent... so do not press it too many times. LOL.

Actually it depends if you have flow control enabled in screen.

Press ^a then f and watch lower left of screen

+flow means flow control is on and ^s ^q is captured by screen to stop and start screen updates

-flow means ^s & ^q is passed through to the application.  ^s start torrent, ^q quit rtorrent.

See also.

http://www.delorie.com/gnu/docs/screen/screen_toc.html

C-a C-f

(flow)

Cycle flow among `on', `off' or `auto'. See section 15.2 Flow.

http://www.delorie.com/gnu/docs/screen/screen_99.html

Slimserver is broke badly.  I'm working on it but the latest version will NOT run except on a full dev system with lot of perl modules that are not in the standard package, which have to be compiled.

Did I mention, I friggin HATE perl in a limited (non-dev) environment?

The reason I had to use the unstable rtorrent release was due to a bug in the stable release that hosed rTorrent whenever you looked at peers in wTorrent. 

@ReneV, do you mean ssl for the unRAID management screen?  (not doable)

No, I mean sshd, which depends on ssl.

Taking my cue from WeeboTech, I think it was, I'm currently doing the following in my go file, with <authorized_keys> containing my public key and <ssh*key*> taken from  </etc/ssh> from some run of sshd (to not have security alerts after each restart).

#
# ssh
#
installpkg /boot/custom/packages/openssl-0.9.8h-i486-1.tgz
installpkg /boot/custom/packages/openssh-5.1p1-i486-1.tgz
# public key
mkdir /root/.ssh
cp /boot/custom/etc/ssh/authorized_keys /root/.ssh
# server ID keys
cp --preserve=timestamps /boot/custom/etc/ssh/ssh*key* /etc/ssh
chmod 600 /etc/ssh/ssh*key*
# ssh start
/etc/rc.d/rc.sshd start

The purpose is not security, but easy-to-use remote shell (and, probably, tunelling). My main application is for unison.

Can you send me the links to the two packages:

I want to make sure I get the right ones.

Can you send me the links to the two packages:

I want to make sure I get the right ones.

Try searching at http://packages.slackware.it/ --- when I checked just now I noticed that OpenSSL has been bumped to 0.9.8i, but that shouldn't break anything (although YMMV).

[Coming to think of it: I haven't tried ssh on 4.4.x!]