What do you want in a custom unRAID package (BubbaRaid)

bubbaQ

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

unRAID ran for over 16 hours yesterday without a hitch. I will do a test tonight with bubbaRAID .19 with nothing added to my go script.

Update:

bubbaRAID has been running for a couple hours now. So far so good. I just did a "modprobe p4_clockmod" and now I'll let that run for a while.

Update2:

Running with "modprobe p4_clockmod" seemed fine. I then proceeded with "modprobe it87". A little while after this was done (not sure exactly how much time passed, but it was less than 2 hours) everything went south. I am now running bubbaRAID with just the clockmod for the next few hours to see what happens.

The P4 clockmod is not regarded as the most stable think in the world.... it is a bit of a hack to compensate for lack of built-in speed mod features of certain Intel CPUs.

As always, if you want a chip that has the BEST support for dynamic clock speeds and lower power consumption, go with AMD, not Intel.

If you want to overclock, and get more MIPS for the buck, go with (certain models of) Intel.

Okay. Maybe my problem is somehow a combination of bubbaRAID and modprobe p4_clockmod. Everything has been running great for many hours. Using putty I was able to navigate around the flash drive perfectly. Just now I tried to access the phpSysInfo page. It gave me some sort of error but then loaded. I went back to the main bubbaRAID page and tried to enter the phpSysInfo page again. This time I got this error:

Command  	Message
file_exists(config.php) 	config.php does not exist or is not readable by the webserver in the phpsysinfo directory.

./index.php on line 32 

As soon as I saw that error I tired to use putty to navigate to boot. I then got this:

root@Tower:~# cd /boot
root@Tower:/boot# ls
/bin/ls: cannot access config: Input/output error
/bin/ls: cannot access kricker: Input/output error
/bin/ls: cannot access smarthistory: Input/output error
bu_image*           bzroot*             ldlinux.sys*  smarthistory/
bu_root*            config/             license.txt*  syslinux.cfg*
bubba/              disable_bubba.bat*  memtest*
bubba_install.zsh*  enable_bubba.bat*   menu.c32*
bzimage*            kricker/            readme.txt*
root@Tower:/boot#

Does this output give any indication of what might be going on? Why would everything seem perfectly fine until I entered the phpSysInfo page?

After a clean re-boot and no modprobe I tried to update to .20. I clicked start download and saw a progress bar that never progressed. Then all the bubbRAID pages became inaccessible and I was right back down the crapper again. I am so confused now. It seems navigating the various web pages in bubbaRAID is what causes my system to meltdown. How is this possible?

GIVE THE GUY SOME FEEDBACK that this version is ok, else he is not moving to 0.0.0.21! :P

I have already given my feedback but here is my short version again: Works great, I need a few tweaks (esp. concerning rtorrent vs. wtorrent relation) but it is minor.

To me yes.

Although I'd expect autostart settings to not be "in your face" (you can very easily accidentally click which is autostarted and which is not) - better put them each in its own config page (along with the rc files).

I don't worry much about the interface (esp. if you really implemented a login sequence before reaching it), since you have mentioned that the front-end tidy-up will come last (which is proper).

the newest version seems to be working good for me.  I do like the autostart feature.  I have been wanting something like this but always forgot to keep asking.

Is there a way to run the smarthistory stuff from the BubbaRaid portal?  That is about the only thing that i would like to see added.

Keep the updates coming!!

Archived